To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
This Is Why You're Fat (And How to Get Thin Forever): Eat More, Cheat More, Lose More--and Keep the Weight Off Paperback – March 19, 2012
"Pretty Happy" by Kate Hudson
Healthy Ways to Love Your Body | Check out "Pretty Happy".
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
"Being fat isn't your fault; staying fat is." That's what Jackie Warner, America's favorite no-nonsense celebrity fitness trainer tells her own clients, and that's why no one delivers better results than Jackie does. Now for the first time, Jackie shares her revolutionary program, showing readers the best ways to drop pounds and inches fast, without grueling workouts or deprivation, and keep them off for good! Her two-tiered approach provides a complete nutritional makeover and a failure-proof condensed workout routine PLUS all the emotional support and encouragement you need to get to the finish line and beyond. With Jackie's core principles, you'll discover once and for all which behaviors are making you fat, and which can finally make you thin forever-and some may surprise you:
- ADD TO LOSE: In Jackie's 2-week jump start, no food is off-limits. You'll actually add food to your diet in order to lose weight.
- CHEATING IS ALLOWED: Eat clean for 5 days, and then indulge in whatever you want over the weekend!
- FAT IS NOT THE ENEMY: Fat doesn't make you fat; sugar does! Nothing you eat should contain over 9 grams of sugar.
- SKIP THE CRUNCHES: They just build muscle under the fat. Discover the fastest way to burn calories, tone muscle, and spark your metabolism for rapid fat loss.
- LESS (EXERCISE) IS MORE: Workouts shouldn't take over your day-give Jackie 20-minutes and you'll see results.
Find out today why THIS IS WHY YOUR FAT (AND HOW TO GET THIN FOREVER) is your first and last stop on the way to the new fit and healthy you!
Amazon Exclusive: Read Jackie Warner's Ten Tips for Getting in Shape, from Her Book This Is Why You're Fat
1. It’s not how long, it’s how strong. Incorporate 20 minutes of high intensity cardio each day. Walk fast on a treadmill for 2 minutes at a 15 incline then sprint for 2 minutes on flat ramp. Cool down for 1 minute and repeat this cycle 3 more times until you reach your 20 minute goal.
2. Women, make sure to include weight training at least 3-4 days a week. If you add 3-5 pounds of muscle to your body, you will burn 250-500 extra calories per day which equals 3-5 pounds of fat loss per week
3. Visualize the muscles you are working on–this is called the mind muscle connection and it will actually increase tone.
4. Your body hits a plateau with cardio and resistance training in one month so change your weight, reps and exercises accordingly
5. The fastest way to get the body you want is through my power circuit training. Combine 3 upper body exercises and 3 lower body exercises together to make one big set. Do not rest in between and alternate quickly from upper to lower for maximum fat burn.
6. The only muscle groups that really burn fat are the primary muscles like the chest, back, quads, glute and hamstrings. Focus hard on those!
7. You have to eat within an hour of working out to make sure you’re not eating into the muscle for energy. Make sure that you combine proteins and carbs like a blended protein shake with fruit and peanut butter or a piece of fruit with a low-fat string cheese.
8. Don’t just set a weight goal, set a physical goal too like running a 3k or training for a charity marathon. Human beings are competitive and you will spark that inner competition by trying to reach a difficult physical goal.
9. A little thing like changing your music playlist every week can go a long way. The more your mind is stimulated during your workouts, the better your results will be.
10. Instead of focusing on being fat, you’ve got to focus on being fit. If you think healthy, it eventually becomes reality to you. I always push my clients to focus on how strong they’re getting, how well they’re sleeping, and how happy they’re feeling by exercising.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
More About the Author
From a small town, Midwestern girl, to a self made millionaire by age 22, Jackie used her need for excellence and passion for creativity to become driven and diligent within the world of business. She found her first calling in the fitness industry while working as a writer for Warner Brothers. "I realized I had a much stronger purpose when I successfully turned a co-colleagues life around through diet, counseling and training. I was hooked and decided then and there to change career direction completely." Wasting no time, Jackie began revolutionizing the fitness industry by being one of the first to offer medical treatments within her multi-discipline wellness center in Beverly Hills called Lift. She also pioneered the concept of incorporating exercise therapy into traditional medical insurance plans.
Jackie's next endeavor was Sky Sport & Spa, a sports medicine and fitness club in Beverly Hills which she founded in 2002. Expanding on the multi-discipline concept, Jackie offers members personal training, nutritional counseling, chiropractic care, exercise classes and physical therapy - all within a glass-enclosed penthouse space featuring a breathtaking 360° view of Los Angeles.
Clients weren't the only people inspired by Jackie. Bravo's television network hired Jackie to be the star of her own reality series, entitled Work Out. The show launched in 2006 with rave reviews, offering the audience a glimpse inside Jackie's professional and personal life. On April 15th at 11:00pm the third season begins, which Jackie has nicknamed "Full Circle", as a result of her own personal struggles and triumphs that she encounters.
Work Out was also the perfect outlet to introduce SkyLab, Jackie's all-inclusive life-changing camp designed for overweight clients. "Come stay with me for a week and I will change your body, your mind and your life!" SkyLab offers a controlled atmosphere in which guests make serious commitments to intense exercise and a sugar-free diet. SkyLab clients also undergo therapy to help understand their challenges and set goals, as well as extensive teaching seminars on how to live in the real world.
Jackie also believes that a strong support network is a crucial factor in successful weight loss and she encourages SkyLabbers to forge bonds with one another after they have completed the program.
In addition to Sky Sport & Spa, Work Out and SkyLab, Jackie designed her own line of workout wear also called SkyLab Brands, which launched in 2007 nationwide at Paiva stores and contracted for sales at Home Shopping Network in 2008. "I couldn't find exercise clothes that looked trendy, felt comfortable and allowed me to leave the gym and go out for lunch or meet friends after work. I use ultra soft, pima cotton for ultimate comfort coupled with fun edgy graphics inspired by my Los Angeles lifestyle."
Jackie's Work Out DVD will hit the shelves on May 20th ($14.98)! Jackie states, "The DVD is unique in that the workout truly mimics a personalized one-on-one training session with me. Function, Form, and Fatigue are the goals and the format is highly personalized, so that viewers feel as if they were right here at Sky Sport training!" Another one of Jackie's endeavors include the introduction of her own protein shake and energy bar - both low in sugar and calories. With all this in the works, Jackie is a role model for multi-tasking.
Jackie's newly redesigned website (www.JackieWarner.com) is the ideal headquarters for viewing her many projects and passions. The website provides comprehensive fitness and nutrition information, along with the opportunity to create customized workouts. The online store will sell all of Jackie's workout wear, exercise DVDs, protein shakes and energy bars, among other fitness accessories. Jackie Warner has raised the bar for wellness and continues to pioneer new concepts in fitness and nutrition.
Top Customer Reviews
Who am I? In my former life, I was an elite athlete (swimming) who competed at the national and international levels and went to college on a scholarship. Now, I am a 37-year-old mom of two who works fulltime. When I read Jackie's book, I wasn't "fat" exactly, but I was at the very high end of the "healthy" weight range for my height: 5'4", 145. I was definitely unhappy with how I looked. As a former athlete, I was really missing my body, but never thought I could get even close to where I was before grad school, marriage, two kids, and a stressful job intervened.
So anyways, forgetting for a moment that the definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result," I decided to try yet another diet and exercise program. I read Jackie's book. At first, I could only muster the will to follow the dietary guidelines, which, by the way, are surprisingly easy and do not require you to break-up with carbs, learn how to eat weird, or immediately overhaul your pantry. I added the foods she said to, ate what else I wanted to, and started losing weight right off the bat. I did this for about a month.Read more ›
Another show she planned was cut down before it aired. So, this book is one step in her comeback and attempt at redemption. And certainly it will sell well because people rush to buy this type of book --- and she still has a following --- though not as much of one as she once did.
About the book she says, "It's different and better than anything else out there," She says the Atkins diet is a program that can't be maintained because "deprivation doesn't work." I think we can all agree with that.
She says in her book, "We are a nation of sick, unhealthy people wasting away and mutating into sad, fat, and lethargic people, just getting fatter and sadder by the second. We are an out-of-control nation with out-of-control waistlines. I have noticed that a mass panic is setting in. I see it every day in the faces of people and desperate e-mails from around the country. So many people are tired, always dragging and feeling exhausted. Many are a walking medicine chest, dependent of pills to control everything from high blood pressure to sleep deprivation, and are chronically fatigued and depressed. Others can't climb a flight
of stairs or walk a block without gasping for air.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
get this book and also watch her reality show Thintervention. Both are inspiring. She is a very real person, feeling, hard-working, and isn't just out to make money from a book.Published 1 day ago by Yikers
In a nutshell... add a bunch of supplements to your diet and then change your diet.Published 13 days ago by Chummy
I bought this book because I was searching for a way to lose a reasonable amount of weight with a realistic "diet" (lifestyle) plan. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ashley
I am a huge fan of Jackie Warner and this book does not disappoint! Opened my eyes to a lot of my bad habits and is getting me on the right pair t live a healthy lifestyle!Published 3 months ago by Kelle Wing
Literally- the best nutrition and fitness book out there. To me this is the bible of health and fitness. Read morePublished 3 months ago by K. Brown
I did enjoy reading this book. Alot of what jackie says makes sense. I've learned some tips and pointers. Good read to get you motivated again if you've burnt out.Published 4 months ago by A. Marlow