Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Cecile McLorin Salvant $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Guild Wars 2 forum

This is the best MMO to come in a long time!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 23, 2012 11:10:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2012 11:16:36 AM PDT
maskedgamer says:
And I mean that!

Anet really went all out on this game. For the first time in a long time playing an MMO I didn't feel like I was cheating myself playing the game. I just don't like paying $15dollars every month to play a game I already brought and own it just feels wrong and like a waste. Even though I played Wow and a little bit of Tera (which was a complete waste of money) I felt obligated to play just so I got my moneys worth.

not having to pay a Sub puts me that much more at ease but the thing is there's more to do in this game than there are in the P2P games. No matter where you go there's something to do instead of just wandering around looking at the same NPC's pacing back and fourth.

I'm not trying to belittle any other games out there but WoW had it's time and it's over. It was fun when it was good but we've all been there and done that and have been seeking the next new big MMO ever since.

I liked the Secret world but didn't play it past the free trial. If it was a non sub game I'd probably own it.

SWTOR was fun but it didn't feel like an MMO. plus I'm not that big into star wars.

Tera was a big disappointment. Beautiful game with a nice concept. with an absolutely awful company running it. The game isn't worth paying to play. You only get a spoonful of content and about a hundred options of accessories to buy for your characters. I guess the developers are more interested in trying to have people pay to play dressup than actually playing the game itself. Most of the organized community "Events" are usually contests for showing off your characters costumes.

Those are about the only new MMO's I tried in the recent year. I have no interests in playing WoW again because I was tired of it 2 years ago and pandarians isn't going to have me re subbing just to be bored again after the first week. SWTOR I'll also pass as it's ok but not amazing. Tera I highly doubt will even still be around this time next year and that's about it.

GuildWars 2 so far has been the best experience for me. I've been waiting to play it for 4 years since they first hinted to us they were working on a complete sequel to GW1. I followed for a bit then gave up following because it seemed every year the game would never be finished. Then one day it just came out and It was quite surprising to see the detail of this game. I think that if more developers stopped being greedy and made non subbed MMO's they'd have a lot more people playing their games and buying their stuff. The Pay to Play MMO days are on their way out. There hasn't been a single successful Paid MMO since WoW and even now WoW's subscriptions are fading. To me that's just saying people are less willing to sub to games these days. I hope other developers get the drift.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Guild Wars 2 forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Oct 23, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars 2 by NCSOFT (Windows)
3.8 out of 5 stars (673)