Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2011 12:53:04 PM PST
The first three seasons on Bluray are still rendered in full screen, and look terrible on Bluray. Things look blurred and hazy sometimes instead of the nice crisp sharpness we tend to expect from Bluray.

This set is something that should be passed on in favor of the dvd version. You really don't gain anything over the standard dvd with this set.

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 8:06:57 PM PST
Seasons 1-3 were filmed in FULL SCREEN .. And not WIDESCREEN. I agree though .. why buy a product that even the best reviews tell us that the quality is only marginally better than the most recent DVD release. When they find the original negatives .. then I'll purchase this on BluRay.

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 7:10:30 AM PST
Zeemmarax says:
Sadly the show was shot with cameras that where not future proof. This is the best the show will ever look.

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 7:30:33 AM PST
gagm says:
Is it true the blu-ray lacks some of the commentaries?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2012 6:52:42 PM PST
D. Chapple says:
My question as well. What is missing, if anything from the DVD's, Starburst Collections, and the Blu-ray?

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 7:54:32 PM PST
E. Stoddard says:
Some other reviews I read seemed to say that all the commentaries were included. Whether they were mistaken, or just found them all. I am unsure. But they did specifically mention them.

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 6:50:31 PM PST
Marilyn says:
i have the dvd and the blu ray set. they have exactly the same extras. all the commentaries and extra that are on the dvd are also on the blu ray. they lost the orginal 35mm so they had to use the pal set but it still i well worth buying if you are a farscape fan at all. it is diffently better than dvd

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:05:04 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2013 6:52:36 AM PDT
Dead says:
That's...incredibly disappointing.

Since they used the PAL set, does that mean we can also expect a PAL frame rate and resolution on our NTSC blu ray? The extra resolution might be nice, but it would be far too strange for me to switch from the frame rate of NTSC (24fps) to PAL (25fps). I've heard some people say they don't notice, but I can't help but notice the difference. I have a hard enough time watching a movie in PAL format, let alone an entire series.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2013 5:56:30 AM PST
Xen says:
I've been wanting to know this as well and no one can give me a freakin' answer.

PAL is horrible. It's sped up and really unnatural.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2013 10:17:18 PM PST
A. Miller says:
I've gotten the impression the 35mm. wasn't lost but instead they don't want to foot the bill for a restoration job with the negatives.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Farscape: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Farscape: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] by Ben Browder (Blu-ray - 2011)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (808)