Customer Discussions > Resident Evil 4 forum

This game is awesome

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2007 6:07:44 AM PST
Barno says:
I bought it based on reputation and price. Man, am I glad that I did. I have never gotten in to first person shooters, I don't even know if this is considered a first person shooter. I saw the discussion about the classic controller, but I advice that you give the wii controls a shot. It adds so much to the game to actually be able to aim and shoot my gun with my wii-mote. The controls are awesome. The story is good enough. I love the fact that you have a limited amount of ammo. It adds to the tension of the situation. You really can't waste ammo and sometimes have to find alternate ways of fighting. My favorite thing to do is shoot a guy in the knee and then run up and suplex him. It is a great feeling. My favorite thing about this game is the environment. The settings are dark and dingy, the music is creepy, and enemies yell and chant in a creepy language. I turn off the lights and throw on some headphones for a great playing experience. I have thoroughly enjoyed this game and hope a port of Res Evil 5 will also show up on the wii.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2008 3:03:39 AM PST
Penny Tratre says:
LOL. The creepy language is Spanish.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2008 10:10:39 AM PST
Barno says:
LOL on you, my friend. It is not Spanish...it is gibberish

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2008 11:11:33 AM PDT
it is Spanish. People have gone over and translated all the dialog. It's Spanish from Spain not Spanish from Mexico. The various Spanish speaking countries have regional differeances in pronuncation as well as differances in slang and terminology.

Resident Evil 4 isn't a fps nor is it third person. It's an over the shoulder shooter with the empathis being on ammo conservation. The first part the village is meant to be tough and seperate the wheat from the chaff.

It typically takes a decent to good player two tries to beat the village area. But a decent to good player on the pro replay without using special weapons and just the standard nonupgraded weapons can demolish the village level in under a minute beating both Dr. Salvadore's. Yes there are two bag headed chainsaw men that can be spawned while playing the intro to the village part. Run up to the gate to the farm area to spawn one enter a certain house to spawn the other one. Pretty fun if you manage to kill both of them get a ruby and 10,000 cash.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2009 4:12:08 PM PST
It's a third person perspective game. The series is traditional survival horror, not shoot, although this one feels like more action than anything else.

Also, the language you're hearing is indeed Spanish. I can provided some translations for you if you like.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2009 3:46:42 PM PDT
J. Cabezas says:
....yes is Spanish.....in particular from México.....

Posted on Oct 6, 2009 5:43:35 PM PDT
M. Gilson says:
its spanish and latin!, the zombies are spanish, the demons are latin! :d!!

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 2:26:22 PM PST
Av Green says:
its french. I no cause im a languge expert
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Resident Evil 4 forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 4 by Capcom (Nintendo Wii)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (553)