Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 1, 2011 4:08:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 2, 2011 4:55:20 PM PDT
Well, not the same way. In 03 I was getting into a friends car. They had been smoking marijuana. He kept pulling away from me. I was yelling for him to stop. Then he floored it. I didn't even realize until a few years later (this happened in 03) but I had to make a fast decision. Risk getting pulled by the car (my left foot was stuck between the door and the seat) or jump up and hold on. I jumped. He stopped and the door slammed into my back. I started crying. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. Then, I saw myself laying there. I was floating above myself. Then everything turned white and there was my dad, who had died 6 months before. I talked to him a while and I even saw god. At first everyone kept looking up at him, but I could not see him. Then I met a girl. When I woke up one of the ladies in the room (I was in a coma for 6 weeks and lost 92% vision and my smell) had her daughter. I asked her if her daughter was there. She said yes, right here. I said the other one. Everyone kept telling me she had one daughter. Then, I told her the age of the girl I met. My mom and grandfather said she froze. She had never told anyone this. Not even her husband. But she had a miscarriage. The age I told her the girl I met was, would have been the same age as the girl would have been, had she given birth to her. It seems like I was there for hours and hours. The longest I think I died for was 1:30 seconds. There is more to that. Maybe I should write a book. I sure do want to meet the little guy that this happened to. I think we share something few others do. When I woke up, my mom told me the doctors said I may be blind. I could not see. I said "that's ok, at least I'm alive." A few days later I told my mom I liked her shirt. I started getting my sight back. I knew of God before, but I never really thought about him. Now, everyday I think of the stuff that happened to me. Him and my dad told me things about my future. They even let me see what my wife would look like. I asked if I could forget because what fun would it be knowing? When I got out of the hospital, I kept wondering if I should be a priest. Then I thought God would want me to do what made me happy. So, I will be going to school soon for theater, singing and design.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2011 4:13:45 PM PDT
Lou Jones says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 2, 2011 4:57:44 PM PDT
Good call! Fixed it. Well, this did happen to me. Look at my picture on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Glowzinski/100000603970110.) The scar on my neck isn't a football injury. I have not read this book yet. My mom did.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2011 4:13:36 PM PDT
L. Murphy says:
Feel sorry for you Elmo.

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 3:07:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2011 3:10:20 PM PDT
M. Young says:
It can be hard to believe for sure, but so many people say it has happened. A few years ago my niece confided in me that she thought she may have almost died. She said she got tired swimming at a camp where she was working and that fellow counselors dragged her to shore. She said "The reason I think I almost died was that while I was on the shore I was looking down on myself as though I were about 10 feet above my body." She seemed disturbed by the strangeness of her experience. She saw her friends talking to her and trying to revive her. Then she came to, and was fine. She asked if I thought that meant she almost died. I hated to say yes, but I read enough times about people who have almost died looking down upon their body and I told her so.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2011 4:41:41 PM PDT
That's what it was like for me. Only I went to Heaven. Once when I was little I was sleeping and turned over and saw myself laying on my bed. I was shaking like I was having a seziure. One my grandfather and I were driving down this long road. His dad had just died. We looked over and saw him or someone that looked like him walking with a walker down the road. When my grandfather stopped, got out and turned around. The man was gone. Weird huh? People make fun and laugh at stuff like this, as would I. I guess it is one of those things that has to happen to you for you to understand.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2011 10:36:02 AM PDT
Lou Jones says:
Thanks L.Murphy. I appreciate the sympathy on my behalf. It's nice to know there are still caring people in the world.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2011 7:33:33 AM PDT
Lyn says:
Go for it but always keep God first in everything!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2011 2:04:00 PM PDT
J. Jamison says:
It sounds like you had an experience, but where does Heaven come in? Lots of people have experienced encounters with departed loved ones, but that isn't the same as going to Heaven.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2011 4:42:51 PM PDT
Well, I went to the place you go before Heaven. My dad and God were there. They both talked to me and told me things. So, it's not just a loved one but the big guy himself. I just FIOSed a show about people in comas and what have you that see things. I have yet to watch it. To clear things up, I was not in Heaven but an all white place with God and my dad. My dad told God to give me his vision. There was a open area with green and blue. THAT was Heaven. My dad got to go and was forgiven for what he had done to my mom, brother and I. I always want to talk to people about this kind of thing.

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 4:50:24 PM PDT
I just saw on your profile that you like to read. I just finished reading the Tim Allen book I'm not really here. Very interesting. There is a lot of talk about physics. Interesting views of existence and what happens after. Also, not sure if you are a Steven King fan, but Under The Dome was a neat book I read a few years ago! I am writing a kids book now. I have a copyright. I write the story for a while, then when I read over it I see things. I draw drafts, scan, outline, color and fix things up on Photoshop using my Cintiq 12 something. I was watching a movie about J.K. Rowling. VERY cool. She just sent her books into publishers. Gives me hope!

Thinking about the nothing to do with Heaven thing. Wouldn't talking to someone you love who has died have something to do with Heaven? If there were a man who never believed in anything but what he could see, and something happened and he saw a family member or friend who had died and they talked to him, would he not come back believing in something bigger? Heaven is a touchy subject. It is always interesting to hear peoples views.

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 11:16:46 PM PDT
Back in 2005 my heart stopped beating 8 times during a post-op recovery from a very invasive heart surgery I had 3 days earlier. I remembered coming out of a dream that there were people shouting very loud.. I came to, and was in the hospital surrounded by a team of medical personal trying to get my heart back in rhythm. I blacked out again... only to awake like 3 days later, weak like a kitten. Found out later how I almost lost my life during that time. Fortunately for me, I wasn't awake. No, I didn't go on a heavenly voyage or meet up with any celestial beings. But I did come out of this with a great appreciation of being alive, and it changed me in many ways.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2011 10:01:53 AM PDT
Amazing is it not, how one thing can change a person? I'm glad your ok my friend!

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 10:16:41 PM PDT
Joy Darling says:
I wonder how the foolish atheists can explain away this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2011 10:34:02 PM PDT
I know, both sides accuse each other of having a narrow mind. Its interesting to me, we don't read more stories of when one facing death a believer in God, changes into an atheist. Conversely, in the face of opposition to God or ourselves in believing in Him, would we allow an antagonist forgiveness if at the very last minute they ask for it? It seems one lesson at the Cross teaches us; For those that are believers, one must always be ready I think to accept another's questionings or even atheistic assertions, as they be on a road of forgiveness....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 3:10:39 AM PDT
Yahzi says:
Explain away what?

Out-of-body experiences are already explained. As your brain shuts down, it loses processing power, and can't sustain a fully integrated reference. Just like how in your dreams you sometimes see yourself from outside.

As for the testimony of the nurse who had a miscarriage that no one, not even her husband, knew about... well gosh. If we atheists have to explain away every uncorroborated claim ever made by anybody, we'd never finish. I will point out, however, that I can give you thousands of even more compelling stories about the reality of Vishnu, and yet you reject them without a second thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011 3:16:33 AM PST
Atheists are so pathetic.....and so full of hate for people who believe and understand the Truth. Nothing you write about above has ever been 'explained'.....and science, while forever trying to explain creation never has been able to. In fact, science seems to corroborate the Bible more than it explains it away. Atheists are sooooo shallow.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011 9:15:30 AM PST
Lou Jones says:
....."and science, while forever trying to explain creation has never been able to."

And, hundreds of faith-created theologies have explained it?

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 5:27:23 PM PST
So you see, though we all believe in different things, we are all the same in that not one of us can explain it. That is pretty peaceful if you ask me. Perhaps nothing is real. However, I like thinking there is something bigger and better out there when my end arrives. Some don't, that's cool with me. Whatever you are or are not!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011 7:35:42 PM PST
Joshua:
If you could decide, would you pick an immediate heaven or one gained thru a post-death future judgement tribunal award?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 2:32:34 PM PST
Well, in order to be judged before you die, I think one would have to know your entire future. That seems impossible, unless everything is truly planed for you by God. If that is so though, why would anyone do bad things? I guess nothing is known and everything is 100% random. That is the answer if I understand the question correctly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2011 6:28:23 PM PST
Lawrence says:
Thanks for sharing your story-it sounds more real than the whole book I just read and didn't find to convincing.

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 8:24:05 PM PST
Usually truth has a certain ring to it. Hope all are having special times, in spite of the craziness surrounding Christmas Shopping. My solace is the of the three Faith, Hope and Love, its Love that is the most important. May we all be defined this Season by the love we share.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 10:26:51 AM PST
J. Powell says:
Would rather live like there is a GOD and die to find out there isn't than to live like there isn't and die to find out there is....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 11:37:40 AM PST
Why be judgmental like that? For this comment connotes that those that don't believe in GOD has less than a life than you would, making you "better" than them. Is this a loving spirit? Isn't one tenant from the Word it at the end only three things remain, Faith, Hope and Love. And Love, my friend is the greatest of all three. May the spirit of this season fill our our hearts in like-kind.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Apr 1, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about