Customer Discussions > Born This Way forum

This is crap...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 17, 2011 11:27:15 PM PDT
Dirty86 says:
WOW.. Got to hear some of this.. it is garbage compared to her past stuff.. definitely not worth a buy.. eek.. surprising how badly she dropped the ball

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2011 1:24:59 PM PDT
Sarah says:
I've loved all the songs she's shared so far! The Edge Of Glory is like literally an eargasm. She just gets better. Its better then her past stuff, more true to her.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2011 1:39:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2011 1:50:51 PM PDT
M. Williams says:
I agree, this album is really horrible. Nothing like her first album, which was actually good. This album is filled with generic, try-hard, outdated songs. Definitely doesn't live up to the hype surounding her. The only songs I like are "Judas" and "Electric Chapel". "You and I" is ok expect for the instrumental. If it had a different beat then it would be good. The rest of the album is crap. I will never understand why the media puts her on a pedestal. When all she is, is just a generic pop star. Who tries way to hard.

Posted on May 18, 2011 3:42:34 PM PDT
D. Jones says:
Just heard the whole CD and the whole thing is garbage. Disappointing.

Posted on May 18, 2011 3:54:34 PM PDT
P. Kim says:
Wow, what an incredible collection of songs. She has really pushed herself artistically to create an amazing album!

Posted on May 18, 2011 4:50:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2011 5:00:39 PM PDT
J. Hong says:
It's Ok.

Posted on May 19, 2011 7:26:14 PM PDT
J. R. SOUTH says:
You can't be an artist while running yourself into the ground. How can one put together any album while on a world tour and constantly doing publicity gigs? Considering the circumstances, "Born This Way" is surprisingly good, but by no means is it close to "The Fame" or "The Fame Monster." And it certainly is not the album of the decade that it was pre-hyped to be. All the advance accolades have contributed to a big let-down. Had Gaga pulled back on all the hoopla, listeners might have been pleasantly surprised by her musical departure on this new CD. My basic complaint with "Born This Way" is that is utterly lacking in any human lightness or humor. It's all dark, dark, dark Euro-tech. Also, L.G. should make sure the videos are in the can BEFORE the singles are released. The videos are what appeal and sell the music. By the time "Judas" premiered on the screen, the song was already sliding.

Gaga is going to have to take a long rest and put the Chanel suit back on to get back on top.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2011 7:54:21 PM PDT
Alicia says:
it is not crap or stupid it is really good album and I really like it.. That is your OPINION ABOUT THE ALBUM.

Posted on May 20, 2011 11:18:24 PM PDT
I just heard the album and really like it. More so than her previous ones actually. It is different, yes. But I wouldn't call it crap. If all artists albums were the same then they wouldn't be expanding musically. Maybe she'll go back to her original sound, I don't know, but I do know I really like this album.

Posted on May 21, 2011 7:52:30 PM PDT
I got the 22 track version free from FARMVILLE - and it's pure pop crap from start to finish - that is what happens when you write a whole cd in an hour and call it art. I got mine for FREE - cause I'm never gonna give this skank pop tart the time of day, let alone a single dime of my money! In the end it's just more pop crap in multiple packages designed to do nothing but wipe out the bank account of the fans....one box set sells for 160.00! Ga Ga Garbage! Ga Ga Go Away.....oh look, the lyrics to her next single.....I want royalties!

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 9:20:08 AM PDT
E. Iglesias says:
farmville doesn't give you the entire album(someone's lying just to bring someone else down..).. and songs like

heavy metal lover
electric chapel
marry the night
judas
are all in the album and very different from any type of pop on the radio or released at the moment.. and she's selling this album for $8.. considering it has 14 tracks.. that's very cheap for what you get..

Posted on May 22, 2011 7:33:23 PM PDT
S. Miles says:
Now to clarify, yes farmville allowed free streaming of 5 songs of her album. The full album can be obtained if a $25 gift card for farmville is purchased so it's not exactly free. Actually it cost more to get the gift card than to just spend the $8 for the album so it was definitely not obtained for free.
To each his own and I proudly proclaim myself a little monster. She is not the greatest ever known, but she is pretty entertaining. In my opinion, a few of the greatest were Beethoven and Mozart. Both renegades for their times and now they are revered as the greatest so who knows what will be in the future of music. At least she isn't afraid to say what she thinks and guess what, she's making bank so it sounds to me that a few people might be a little upset they didn't think of it first.

Posted on May 22, 2011 9:37:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2011 9:40:50 PM PDT
Mary Wick says:
I wouldn't say the album is horrible, but it is definitely not the album of the decade. It is so overkilled and incredibly bizarre. And like one viewer said it's very dark. Best tracks are Born This Way, Judas, The Edge of Glory, You and I, Marry The Night, and Bloody Mary. Unfortunately ALOT of the music has no "meat"? to it. It's just a whole lot of fluffy and ultimately hollow tracks. Government Hooker is in a word "stupid" but it's not as bad as I remembered however it's not the best track on the album, Americano is pretty okay for the most part, Hair is kinda in between not too much, not enough, Scheibe is thinner than air just some lyrics and a dance soundtrack, Bad Kids is just kinda more of the same, Highway Unicorn is BEYOND weird, because the verses suck and the chorus is decent if I could understand the lyrics better, Heavy Metal Lover and Electric Chapel are pretty solid tracks but they don't make up for the strangeness of the rest of the album. Overall Born This Way is an, I shutter to say "epic" dance track. Very enjoyable to listen to and quite "monster hit" ready, Judas is a pretty good song overall, The Edge of Glory is pure enjoyment, You and I is pure GOLD, Bloody Mary is cool and I like it pretty well but I like some darker songs but not from Lady GaGa, and Marry The Night is a solid opener. This is my overall review of the album, but it's quite unusual and not necessarily in a good way. Honestly, I really don't think I know what to say about the album, maybe it is horrible, because it's just so overdone and strange. I really don't know what to think about it though.

Posted on May 23, 2011 8:25:24 AM PDT
Cataline says:
Let's get real. The only reason a lot of people claim this album is a masterpiece is because of the name attached to it. If this was GaGa's first album and she tried to top the charts with the singles from Born This Way, she would never stand a chance. The melodies are cheesy, the lyrics are embarrassing. Overall, it's not that great. It's not even half great.

Posted on May 23, 2011 10:09:50 AM PDT
Comparing Lady Ga Ga, whose real name is Stephani to Mozart and Beethoven? Are you NUTS! Try listening to the 'Marriage of Figaro.' Listen to ANYTHING by them. It's like comparing Mount Everest to a speed bump. Beethoven wasn't controversial, unless you count his running away to England, and Mozart was barely so. This music is what we call 'Disposal Music.' It is highly unlikely it'll even be heard of one hundred years from now, thank goodness.

Posted on May 23, 2011 9:14:36 PM PDT
Jonovan says:
Beethoven and Mozart are great blah blah, if you feel that your musical taste is better because you listen to classical then more power to you. :)
The album is dark and very techno 80's dance. That was her vision for the album and she achieved it.

Posted on May 23, 2011 9:48:52 PM PDT
lylh18 says:
If she was going for Fame/Monster 2.0 and you were expecting it, then it would be a dissapointment. But i think if you were paying attention, you knew it wasn't going to be the same . In my opinion, aside from a few things here and there, it's not that different lyrically.

But, you can tell she picked a club dj, over a regular pop producer for most of it. Songs like 'heavy metal lover' and 'bad kids' have a feel that i'd see in a DJ's mixtape.

That said, i would really like GaGa to do a accoustic album (like bieber just did) with songs from both eras. I think that's when she is at her best. IMHO

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2011 12:40:33 AM PDT
Rowlandb says:
I totally agree with you J.R. I often wondered myself if Gaga was just burnt out and trying too hard. She needs to take some time off and write song good music.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2011 12:42:12 AM PDT
Rowlandb says:
I just also just want to clarify that when you buy a $25 gift card you can use it for ANY Zygna game and it gives you a code to download the ENTIRE album. The promotion was not limited to farmville.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 7:55:37 AM PDT
One World says:
Farmville allowed streaming of the majority of the album minus the following songs:

Hair
Bloody Mary
Bad Kids
Highway Unicorn
Heavy Metal Lover

It let us hear 3 songs prior to allowing us to hear the album. The three songs were Marry The Night, Electric Chapel and Fashion of His Love. I think Born This Way was a remix as it sounded way different than on the single and seemed to go for over 6 minutes.

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 7:56:12 AM PDT
H. A Huffman says:
Lemmings - you need to snap out of it. Try listening to real music - not some marketing scheme disguised as a pop music act..

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 10:50:05 AM PDT
Micaloneus says:
Beethoven is great. The more you hear it the better it gets.

...Mozart on the other hand, is pleasant but not always very deep.

Lady gaga? ...hahaha
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Born This Way forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  May 17, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 17, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Born This Way
Born This Way by Lady Gaga (Audio CD - 2011)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (1,593)