Customer Discussions > The Graveyard Book forum

This is a juvenile fiction book - FYI.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 23, 2008 2:07:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2008 2:09:29 PM PDT
KindlePad says:
Just thought I'd let people know this is in line with "Coraline", his other book for middle school readers. Gaiman is one of my favorite authors by far - he is amazing. But they really need to clarify on the book's page that this is not an adult novel. It still might be very exceptional of course. Whether its one of those juvenile fiction books that also works for adults, I do not know. I will say Neil is one of the best, heck THE best, fantasy author writing today.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2008 2:22:59 PM PDT
Actually if you look at the recommanded age group for the book, you could've deducted it. And it's quite dark for a children's novel. I just finished reading an advance copy of the book and it's completely amazing, like everything else gaiman writes. I couldn't put it down.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008 9:35:56 AM PDT
Momma Jordan says:
M is for Magic is really good by Gaiman as well....its a collection of short stories.....his spin on nursery rhymes in one is absolutely hilarious!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2008 6:59:59 AM PDT
KindlePad says:
Seb: would you say this book is truly a value for adults or is it more a kids book that might also appeal to some adults? Trying to decide to buy it now or wait for the paperback.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2008 7:25:57 AM PDT
I actually truly enjoyed it. It's not as violent as the other Gaiman books and the main character is a young boy, but the same Gaiman wit and humour can be found in every page. If I had to compare it, it'd be more similar to Stardust than his other books.

Posted on Nov 17, 2009 1:45:11 PM PST
George N says:
I've found, especially lately, that the really good writing is going on in the juvenile or young adult fiction. I'm 44 years old & stayed up late finishing "The Graveyard Book" last night. Very enjoyable and well told.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Graveyard Book forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 23, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Graveyard Book
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (Hardcover - September 30, 2008)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,234)