Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 2, 2012 2:20:02 PM PDT
Manuel Frias says:
I am kind of new to all this. I have comics mostly marvel but want to get into dc since I heard this is some kind of a new beginning. Is is really a new beginning or just re launching past editions? Also I've heard that there is a pretty big book that is somewhere around amazon for 80 bucks or so, will that book contain this superman book (1401235468)? thanks

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 1:17:06 PM PDT
This is a completely new beginning to Superman. DC rebooted their entire universe and Action Comics takes place at the dawn of the superhero, which start with Superman. This is a pretty good story and I love Grant morrison's work, but I do have to say that it is not for everyone. there are a couple issues in the middle of the story that have nothing to do with what is going on, so be prepared. It is a pretty good starting point and way better than "Superman" by George Perez. I'd also recomend Swamp Thing and Animal Man from the New 52.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 11:45:05 PM PDT
Agent P says:
Thank you very much, it's a great pleasure hearing from someone who knows!

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 8:01:00 AM PDT
No prob. I'd like to think of myself as a Superman fan, but it's been so hard the last few years with different writers doing their own stories of what they think needs to "redefine" Superman. The New 52 gives Morrison an opportunity to actually do that and make his own mark. If you want to check out his other Superman work, check out Allstar Superman. It's one of my personal favorites.

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 5:03:34 PM PDT
Tyler Camp says:
I should also point out that while Action Comics chronologically takes places around the same timeframe of the first six issues of the new Justice League series which is the past, the regular new Superman series takes places five years later, the same timeframe of the other new series along with Justice League issues starting with #7.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jun 2, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Superman - Action Comics Vol. 1: Superman and the Men of Steel (The New 52)
Superman - Action Comics Vol. 1: Superman and the Men of Steel (The New 52) by Grant Morrison (Hardcover - August 7, 2012)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (85)