Customer Discussions > Number Ones forum

This is pathetic and untrue (Janet #1's)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 259 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 20, 2009 12:39:34 AM PDT
Rob Ez says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 7:40:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2009 7:42:08 AM PDT
Truth says:
The collection is comprehensive of her entire career. She's had 10 #1's on the US Hot 100 Chart, 18 #1's on the Billboard Hot Dance chart and 16 #1's on the Hot R&B Chart - whereas several of those #1's from Dance and R&B were achieved in the past 5 years (Just A Little While, All Nite, Call On Me, So Excited, and Feedback). Furthermore, if you look at her comprehensive chart history, more than 30 songs have hit #1 on one kind of chart or another around the world. What other artists have this kind of consistent and remarkable history?

Janet's last Greatest Hits, Design of a Decade (1995), mostly contained hits from Control and Rhythm Nation 1814. An additional, comprehensive greatest hits is long overdue - and this is going to be an incredible double-disc set, showing Janet's amazing legacy on Pop, R&B, and Dance music.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 3:43:45 PM PDT
T. Hinyard says:
Wrong.
She had a #1 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop chart with "Call on Me" in 2006.
She had #1's on the Billboard Dance/Club Chart with "All Nite (Don't Stop)" in 2004, "So Excited" in 2006, and "Feedback" in 2008.
Correction: She hasn't had a #1 hit on the Billboard 100 since 2001, which was 8 years ago, with "All For You".
I study my idol, so I would know.
And I would like to say that it is FACT that she has made an impact on the music industry. And you are right. She is no Michael, Prince, or Whitney. She's JANET.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 3:43:57 PM PDT
T. Hinyard says:
Wrong.
She had #1's on the Billboard Dance/Club Chart with "All Nite (Don't Stop)" in 2004, "So Excited" in 2006, and "Feedback" in 2008.
Correction: She hasn't had a #1 hit on the Billboard 100 since 2001, which was 8 years ago, with "All For You".
And I would like to say that it is FACT that she has made an impact on the music industry. And you are right. She is no Michael, Prince, or Whitney. She's JANET.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 3:44:08 PM PDT
T. Hinyard says:
Wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 9:36:25 AM PDT
janets man says:
WOW, sorry but Janet has 35 #1 hits, so that makes you look pretty stupid. Oh and you said she's no Prince or Whitney, thats right she's better. She has more #1 songs and albums than Prince, More #1 albums than Whitney and sold more albums than Whitney. Sorry that just kinda made yu look stupid. So you can say "It's pathetic" all you want but its so clear (especially now) that the entire world disagrees with you. Oh and to once again point out your retardation, her last #1 hit was last year, Feedback went to #1 on the dance charts and Rockwitchu went #1 in Japan. So you can hate all you want, she's gonna keep moving and keep going and proving you wrong, like I just did, hell like we just did

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2009 9:50:55 AM PDT
ejhiggy says:
T. Hanyard! You just made my day!!! Your last comment was beautiful!

Posted on Sep 23, 2009 1:00:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2009 1:08:13 PM PDT
Lil' Radio says:
Rob Ez
It's better to do research than make assumptions! All of the replies surely should let you know that Janet has had many number one hits THROUGHOUT the years. She's also had many successful albums and tours; many young artists name her as an inspiration (i.e. Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Ciara, & the list goes on...). It's about time that Janet released a greatest hits collection! And yes, she is no Madonna or Prince which is actually a good thing - artists need individuality. So basically it all comes down to you not doing any research on Janet and making a stupid comment.

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 1:23:12 PM PDT
MusicLuver31 says:
I'm very excited. Indeed it is long over due for a greatest hits album. I hope this will include all of her global number one hits. Songs that were not #1 in the United States, like "If", which went to #1 in South Africa or "What Have You Done For Me Latley?", which went to #1 in Japan, along with several others. Her new song "Make Me" is great! I love how she pays tribute to her brother. This song reminds of "Control era Janet", I hope it will be a big hit for Janet. It's about time she gets back on her game with Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. But honestly, Discipline was great but very underated. I'm also very excited for the new album due out in the 1st quarter of 2010. We love you Janet!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2009 5:19:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2009 5:22:53 PM PDT
D. Graham says:
@the retarded first post

you need to get some education and do some research. then you'll see just how stupid you sound.

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 6:58:15 AM PDT
Mike Scott says:
I'm excited for this! "Make Me" is a great track and will fit PERFECTLY with a "hits" collection. I can't wait to see the tracklisting!

Posted on Sep 26, 2009 3:36:49 PM PDT
will 'again' be on this collection?

Posted on Sep 27, 2009 1:23:29 AM PDT
K. Dickens says:
LOL... Get him Janet stans!

Posted on Sep 27, 2009 1:23:40 AM PDT
K. Dickens says:
LOL... Get him Janet stans!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2009 7:40:47 AM PDT
Stratman123 says:
Ms. Jackson, if you're nasty!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2009 7:41:23 AM PDT
Stratman123 says:
Ms. Jackson, if you're nasty!

Posted on Sep 28, 2009 7:06:48 PM PDT
that is right janet is no michael jackson. she in my opinion is better. i worship janet so im a bit partial but janet has made incredible contributions to pop, soul, dance, r and b, hip hop. She also surpassed Michael for number one albums. Discipline was Janet's 6th number one and Michael only has five. Janet is the true queen, so shut your mouths and give props to the Diva.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2009 1:56:32 PM PDT
iPod Fan 3 says:
EmeraldMagick,
Again went Number One on the Billboard Hot 100, so it should be on the album.
It's one of my favorite Janet songs =)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2009 8:43:17 PM PDT
Who are you kidding, Whitney Houston isnt even a Whitney Houston anymore. Have you heard her sing live? Janet is an all around entertainer. She can STILL sing live, she can dance and she can sell records(not like she used to, but now adays who can) BUT she still has had recent #1 hits. Janet is a true entertainer in all the sences, unline Mariah, Whitney who lost what made them famous. Neither can sing live anymore, thier voices are shot. Janet still has it and will continue to have it. So get your facts straight buddy.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2009 3:09:36 PM PDT
This compilation concentrates on Janet's #1 pop hits from the U.S., Japan, UK, Canada, the Netherlands and other countries. Janet has a total of 26 #1 pop hits worldwide.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2009 3:29:35 PM PDT
Where does it say her pop hits. This is a #1's collection meaning her number 1s from all catagories. it doesnt say specificaly pop hits.

Posted on Sep 30, 2009 8:50:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2009 7:49:45 AM PDT
MusicLuver31 says:
Here's what I hope it will include, all of her #1 hits in all catagories and I have listed where it hit #1

1. What Have You Done For Me Latley? (US R&B Chart, Japan, Dutch Top 40)
2. Nasty (US R&B Chart)
3. When I Think Of You (US Hot 100, U.S Dance Chart,Japan,France)
4. Control (US R&B Chart, US Dance Chart)
5. Let's Wait Awhile (US R&B Chart, Japan)
6. The Pleasure Principle (US R&B Chart, US Dance Chart)
7. Diamonds (w/ Herb Alpert & Lisa Keith) (US R&B Chart, US Dance Chart)
8. Miss You Much (Hot 100, US Dance Chart, US R&B Chart, Canada, Japan, & South Africa)
9. Rhythm Nation (Us Dance Chart, Us R&B Chart, Japan)
10. Escapade (Hot 100, US Dance Chart, US R&B Chart, Japan)
11. Alright (US Dance Chart)
12. Come Back To Me (US Adult Cont. Chart, South Africa)
13. Black Cat (Hot 100, Japan)
14. Love Will Never Do (Without You) (US Hot 100)
15. State Of The World (Japan, South Africa)
16. The Best Things In Life Are Free (w/ Luther Vandross) (US R&B Chart)
17. That's The Way Love Goes (Hot 100, US R&B Chart, US Dance Chart, Austrailia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa)
18. If (US Dance Chart, Canada, Japan, South Africa)
19. Again (Hot 100, Japan)
20. Because Of Love (US Dance Chart)
21. Anytime, Anyplace (US R&B Chart)
22. Whoops Now! (South Africa, New Zealand)
23. Scream (w/Michael Jackson) (US Dance Chart, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, & South Africa)
24. Runaway (Canada)
25. Got It Tills Gone (Japan, South Africa)
26. Together Again (Hot 100, US Dance Chart, Canada, Japan, South Africa)
27. I Get Lonely (US R&B Chart, UK R&B Chart))
28. Go Deep (US Dance Chart)
29. What's It Gonna Be? (w/ Busta Rhymes) (US R&B Chart)
30. Doesn't Really Matter (Hot 100, Japan)
31. All For You (Hot 100, US Dance Chart, US R&B Chart, Canada, Japan, South Africa)
32. Someone To Call My Lover (US Dance Chart, Canada, Japan)
33. Son Of A Gun (Dutch R&B Charts)
34. Feel It Boy (w/ Beenie Man) (South Africa)
35. Just A Little While (US Dance Chart, Japan)
36. All Nite (Don't Stop) (US Dance Chart)
37. Call On Me (US R&B Chart)
38. So Excited (US Dance Chart, Japan)
39. Enjoy (Japan)
40. Feedback (US Dance Chart)
41. Rock With You (Japan)

Well I'm looking at about 41 Global Number Hits for Janet. So if the album will be 30, I wonder which ones will be edited out. An just think, not many of her other singles are missing from this chart. The only ones that are missing are :

Young Love
Come Give Your Love To Me
Say You Do
Don't Stand Another Chance
Fast Girls
Dream Street
Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)
You Want This
Twenty Foreplay
Everytime
You
I Want You
With U
Luv
Can't B Good

I hoping the song list will be well picked and ALL songs are remastered.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2009 8:32:43 AM PDT
Lil' Radio says:
Nice tracklist! I wish Funny How Time Flies could be included cause that's my all-time favorite Janet song! I definitely have a feeling that the songs are going to be remastered & she'll probably include edits!

Posted on Oct 2, 2009 9:46:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2009 5:53:06 PM PDT
Daniel B says:
I am just guessing but I imagine this to be the track listing (since it's only 30 of the 41 songs)

(I assume that the '30 songs' doesn't include "make me" so really it would be 31, 30 being number one)

EDIT - After reading the post below this, I realized that I didn't include "Come Back to Me," so in agreement I replaced "Go Deep" with it. Also, I replaced "Just a Little While" with "Got Til It's Gone." And finally, I put which versions I hope are included.

DISC ONE:
1. Make Me (Single Version)
2. What Have You Done For Me Lately (Single Version)
3. Nasty (Single Version)
4. When I Think of You (Video Version)
5. Control (Video Version)
6. Let's Wait Awhile (Single Version)
7. The Pleasure Principle (Video Version)
8. Miss You Much (Single Version)
9. Rhythm Nation ("Design of a Decade" Version)
10. Escapade (Album Version)
11. Alright (Single Version)
12. Come Back to Me (Single Version)
13. Black Cat ("Design of a Decade" Version)
14. Love Will Never Do (Without You) [Single Version]
15. That's The Way Love Goes (Album Version)
16. If (Album Version)

DISC TWO:
1. Again (Album Version)
2. Any Time, Any Place (Radio Version)
3. Scream (w/ Michael Jackson) [Single Version]
4. Runaway (Album Version)
5. Got `Til It's Gone (Album Version)
6. Together Again (Radio Version)
7. I Get Lonely (Radio Version)
8. Doesn't Really Matter (Video Version)
9. All for You (Video Version)
10. Someone to Call My Lover (Single Edit)
11. All Nite (Don't Stop) (Album Version)
12. Call On Me (w/ Nelly) (Album Version)
13. So Excited (Album Version)
14. Feedback (Album Version)
15. Rock With U (Album Version)
16. New TBA Song

Posted on Oct 3, 2009 8:35:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2009 12:57:51 PM PDT
MusicLuver31 says:
Well I would have to say, since she has had 41 Global Number One Hits, there would be approx 28 songs includes and two new songs on the album. I almost agree with the previous comment, I would only add "Come Back To Me", remove "Go Deep". I also have a feeling the song "Got It Tills Gone" will be included as well.

More than likely they will release a diffirent set of songs in each country, just like they did for "Design Of A Decade :1986-1996". The UK recieved "Whoops Now" and "The Best Things In Life Are Free". But I hope it will include alot of these timeless classics! Would be nice, if they released a bonus disc with it, that included re-mastered singles from her first two albums, like "Young Love", "Don't Stand Another Chance", and "Say You Do".
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Number Ones forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  259
Initial post:  Sep 20, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Number Ones
Number Ones by Janet Jackson (Audio CD - 2009)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (121)