Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 28, 2008
My son is 21 months and loves all things trains and all things Thomas. Percy is the best Thomas engine for mobility -- since it only has TWO sets of wheels, it goes around curves better. The bigger bulkier trains (ie Gordon etc) de-rail if you let them loose down hills and they have to make a sharp turn. Percy is smaller but his compactness makes him a much more agile train and he does hills and curves much better without the derailing. Not that my little guy notices or cares, but if you have to pick one Thomas train to get, I recommend Percy. Then save your money and buy the non-character trains which are just as good (and the less bulky and the smaller they are, the better they ride anyway!)
on May 28, 2013
If you don't mind purchasing a knock off Percy engine toy, then buy this. Base on the picture I thought I was purchasing the toy from the original manufacturers of Thomas the Train engines. The actual toy doesn't look exactly like the picture used. It's just a little off. My son is happy with it though and he can't tell the difference. But I wish I bought the real one to match the rest of his set. I will be extra careful buying any more online, especially from third parties.
on April 29, 2000
The possibilities are endless. My three boys drive them on their tracts and all over the house. The magnets are used to hook to many things besides the other engines and cars. (they hang from grocery carts and to the side of our family car!)
on June 12, 2013
We ordered this train for my son's birthday. The product was advertised as prime but the estimated delivery date was 3 weeks out even though the item was in stock. I contacted the company and they put it in the mail asap but it did not make it in time for the birthday. When the trains finally arrived, we were very upset. They smelled like oil paint and the paint job was terrible. The faces were scratched up and the paint was smeared all over. The texture of the train was very rough and the wheels wobbled when we attempted to roll it. Even the packaging was bad. It was in a stapled bag with a Thomas picture on it. This was advertised as the Wooden Railway Series and clearly was not! I've contacted the company for a full refund. I wouldn't be surprised if the paint used is toxic and not safe for kids.
on July 6, 2008
We have a combination of Imaginarium(Toys R Us), Melissa & Doug, and Thomas brand track and engines. The Thomas stuff isn't as durable as some of the other brands but it is VERY detailed. And the kids love the familiar characters. As long as they are reasonably gentle...as gentle as kids get...this is a very nice addition to your kids collection!
on December 18, 2012
I bought Thomas and Percy for my 3 year old who loves Thomas & Friends. I also purchased a KidKraft train table which is compatible with these wooden trains.

The train features magnets in the front and back to pull other trains or train cars. The magnetic bond is strong enough for pulling multiple train cars, etc.

The plastic wheels are attached to metal rods which is good because I've seen some trains with plastic rods and they don't hold up as well.

My daughter takes two of these trains everywhere and they have held up to well.
on January 8, 2013
I ordered several of the Thomas and Friends wooden trains to go with a Melissa and Doug wooden train track. The trains are well made and fit great on the track the magnets are supper strong and my son just absolutely loves his trains.
on June 12, 2013
My son loves his wooden trains and this is the first one we've had show up in a plastic bag with a folded cardboard top. It looked like a cheap dollar store toy. All other trains have arrived in molded plastic cases. The magnet in this one was also installed backwards. Not a huge deal to us, since our son is 2 and doesn't care which way his trains are facing, but the train has to face backwards to properly connect to the other cars.
on March 12, 2013
What great 'friends' Thomas and his friends make for little people. From the toy box to the bed, to the tub...they go with my little guy everywhere. Percy is a recognized favorite and he knows them all personally by name. Should the adults mistake one for another we are quickly corrected by his accurate ability to recognize who is who. Percy is yet another of his favorites among Thomas the Train...and friends. Highly recommend for little boys who like trains.
on July 31, 2013
As always, excellent Thomas and Friends product. Grandson played with this for hours and hours on his last visit. Woke up wanting to play trains and ended the night playing trains (lots of outdoors in-between)