Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway - Boulder Mountain Set
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 24, 2004
I bought this set for my nephew to play with when he comes to my house. I had fun playing with it and he hasn't even been over yet. You get a lot of track and two tunnels, which I think is good for the price. I bought extra cars because I didn't think an engine and one car was much of a train. This turned out to be a good plan because the train can't switch from one track to the other - the train goes around only one circle, not both, unless you manually move it. Overall, I love this set.
55 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2011
Well, the toy is good from an interest level. But, honestly, I find this is a good example of how the Thomas wooden toys' quality has gone down hill. The large wooden block on the left side of the mountain is wood. But, the rest of the mountain is NOT solid wood. It is made out of a hardened version of cardboard. Basically, think wood pulp and glue. It is not solid wood, and it is not any where near as durable as solid wood. (Ours already shattered in one corner).

The old Thomas toys used to be predominantly solid wood. They were durable. (Well, not the paint job, but the physical toy was durable). They have slowly become more and more plastic, and the solid wood has more often than not been replaced with this pulp-board.

Pity.
on February 19, 2010
This toy was a huge success. There is enough track to create multiple track configurations. Two engines allow for you to play along side your child.
on January 12, 2009
I had a hard time finding Boulder Mountain until I looked here at Amazon. My son was very happy Christmas morning. The quality is great.
on December 26, 2009
What can I say its Thomas the tank engine and its got a truck and two engines included :) Your little one will love it!!!
It has a rail track and a track for the cars to go on. My 2 and half year old boy loves this!!!
on October 21, 2011
We bought this for our daughter's 2nd birthday and it was a huge hit. There is plenty of track to create different arrangements and some of the pieces can be either road or track. Love the boulder (and it really works!) and that the set comes with three trains so there are enough to share. But most of all we like that it captures the interest of older kids too. Our 4.5-year-old can't get enough of the track and her friends like it too.
on February 3, 2010
My nephew loves it. Since it is wood, you can drop it and it doesnt crack or break easily.
on May 27, 2012
My son loves trains and cars - so this set was a no-brainer. It has a train track that goes over a small bridge and a car track that runs under - so he can play with both trains and cars at the same time.

As far as Thomas tracks go - I think this is one of the best at this price point. There is enough track (you can flip over the car track to reveal regular tracks on the other side) to play around and make your own designs. We bought this as a starter track and decided we didn't need more (especially since we have several other tracks - geotrax cars and chuggingon interactive).

The only word of warning - the little brown "boulder" is actually really heavy - so if your child is prone to throwing objects, you might want to hide it. The "house" is on strings, so you can't lose the pieces and it does fall easily once the boulder hits it - but it isn't easy to use Thumper to push the button that will cause the boulder to drop. My 2 1/2 year old has figured it out, but uses his finger.
on December 25, 2010
My son was SO excited to get this set for Christmas! Everything works as described. The only disappointment for me was that Thumper's tracks/wheels don't actually turn. If the set is on a slick surface like a train table or wood/linolium floor, Thumper will just slide around instead of the wheels turning. This was fine for us, though, and didn't slow down the fun at all!
on February 26, 2013
My grandson plays with this every day and is always finding new ways to put it together. The toy is extremely well made and can handle rough handling by a 3 year old.