5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition To Our Set!!
I am quite surprised this train hasn't been reviewed here yet.. so I will go ahead. I was unfortunate to have bought this train in Toys R Us for twice the price here on Amazon- so this is a huge bargain!
My son has several Thomas & Friends trains and this train gets LOTS of use EVERYDAY- it is one of his favs.
The lion car makes "ROARING" sounds when you open or...
Published on May 20, 2010 by Maletchs Mommy

3.0 out of 5 stars Just to be clear - it's not an all-wood toy.
Even thought he packaging touts that it's "Real Wood," it's easily 90% plastic. I suspected as much from the pictures, but hoped I'd be wrong. It's fine, and I'm sure my great-nephew will love it, but I'd have preferred to buy something a little less throwaway and better designed.
Published 17 months ago by BB_MKE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition To Our Set!!, May 20, 2010
This review is from: Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway - Zoo Car (Toy)
The lion car makes "ROARING" sounds when you open or close the sliding door, and the hippos mouth opens and closes (like he's chomping) as he rolls along.
This train is a LOT of fun and is priced GREAT here on Amazon! If you have a Thomas fan, he'll LOVE this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson loves the hippo and the lion roaring, August 25, 2011
Richard W "Rick" (Prescott Valley, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway - Zoo Car (Toy)
Our two year old grandson just loves the way the hippos mouth opens and closes while going along the track. We only had to show him once how to get the sound of the lion roaring to work. He was visiting for the summer from Japan and he liked the zoo cars so much that they were brought back to Japan.
Only complaint I had was that once I placed my order with Amazon it took seven days for the order to be filled and another seven days for the order to arrive. So don't be in a rush once you order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hippo car is cool!, May 18, 2011
This review is from: Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway - Zoo Car (Toy)
At current price (13$), these two cars is a good deal. I got this because of hippo car and it is great. My son immediately started to play with these cars...there is always a need for cool cars that engines can pull. Note that hippo and the green part of the car is made of plastic. The lion car is almost entirely plastic except from the very bottom part to which wheels are attached. Also, the lion car is quite bulky. I like hippo car more than lion car...but my son likes both. All in all, nice cars if you don't mind the plastic.

4.0 out of 5 stars For those who don't want to let go., July 15, 2011
This review is from: Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway - Zoo Car (Toy)
For parents who've brought up their "Little One," and have come into a generous inheritance (and are therefore able to afford the Thomas toys), and cannot come to grips with the fact that the "Little One" is no longer little, and who wish to splurge a bit and supplement their existing Thomas the Tank Engine layout, the zoo car duo is a fine addition. I am somewhat disappointed because the two cars are not really made of wood, but plastic was a necessity because of the electronic and mechanical mechanisms in these two cars. Only the chassis is made of wood, which is painted black. The roof of the lion car is plastic. The plastic roof has a loudspeaker holes, through which lion roaring sounds come, when you manually open and shut the side door. The wheels are plastic, as are the walls of the lion car. The hippo car is also plastic, though the chassis is wood. When the car moves along the track, or along a table, the hippo's mouth opens and shuts, revealing a big pink tongue and two white teeth. The hippo is sitting on a yellow/orange colored bed of textured hay. The green wooden railings are of finely textured plastic, textured to look like wood. Oh well. The magnetic connectors are an interesting feature of the two zoo cars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway - Zoo Car (Toy)
This was a gift for our grandson. He loves it. The zoo car makes noise, which is fun, and travels on the Thomas tracks very well. I would definitely commend this product. It's safe, reliable, and fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway - Zoo Car (Toy)
This an very cute item. The sliding gate on the car roars like a lion and the hippo's mouth opens and closes. So cute. It matches perfectly to my niece's train set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, loses it's roar, September 30, 2012
MommaJ (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway - Zoo Car (Toy)
My girls loves this set, but shortly after we received it, it stopped roaring. I tried replacing the batteries, but it keeps losing it's connection. I folded up a small piece of aluminum foil to help keep the batteries from moving, but that only lasted a short while. They still love playing with it, so I've stopped trying to fix it. The hippo is the favorite anyway, with it's fun chomping action. I would still buy it again anyway!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ROAR!, August 6, 2011
This review is from: Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway - Zoo Car (Toy)
When deciding between many Thomas accessories, this is a great choice. The moving door and lion roar is a great hit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just to be clear - it's not an all-wood toy., February 7, 2013
BB_MKE (Milwaukee, WI, USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to Thomas fans!, October 17, 2011
This review is from: Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway - Zoo Car (Toy)
These are absolutely adorable. I like that they are not actually one of the characters & offer something different. The hippo mouth chomps open & shut as it rolls along & the lion roars when you move the little door on the side. The side says "SODOR ZOO" so it is associated w/ Thomas.

It was a nice find/something unique/different & I highly recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›