Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 18, 2011
When the engines included in the Take-n-Play themed packs have something distinguishing them from the ones sold separately, we've LOVED it - and this Thomas is covered in gold dust, and his metal cargo car (blue with orange base) has a "PIRATE'S COVE" label on both sides, along with a (removable plastic) crate of gold coins & gold bars! This is the first themed 2-pack ever released in the TnP line, back in 2010, and that means TOP OF THE LINE QUALITY! This is a weighty, diecast set, and what we also loved, having collected these for our oldest grandson for four years, is that Thomas has the 2-pack's model # (T4760) on the bottom, while the cargo car has both the model # AND the actual name of the pack! When you start getting so many, it helps to keep track of which car goes with which engine, and believe me, it's VERY helpful after a day of gathering up toys that are all over the family room! I'd like to know that after our two younger grandsons have their turns with the collection, I can box them up to be taken out by great-grandchildren someday. The Take-n-Play models from 2010 through 2012 are definitely "collector's item quality" (though Fisher-Price's costs cutting measures led to a steady quality decline from 2013 through to the present, which is a terrible shame and led us to stop collecting at the end of 2013. We would've continued had the quality been maintained!) We paid $9.52 for our grandson's (the themed 2-packs had $10-$11 MSRPs.)

The GOOD news is that the majority of the themed 2 packs were released prior to 2013, so they're ALL great (with one exception)! It was a lot of fun collecting them, and if you're interested in checking them out, here's a list: Thomas & the Treasure, Pop Goes Thomas, Kevin's Helping Hook, Scruff's Dirty Job, Thomas & the Raft (Kmart exclusive), Thomas at the Winter Festival, Thomas at the Spring Fair, Thomas at the Summer Festival, Thomas at the Halloween Celebration (the last four have "light-up" cargo, which both our oldest and middle grandson loved!), Victor & Oil Cargo, Thomas to the Rescue, Iron 'Arry's Oily Mess, and Scruff's Dirty Mess (the last two are "color changers"). The only two released late in 2013 were Lift & Load Charlie and Percy's Fishery Delivery, both with that reduced, average quality (we didn't even bother adding them - we'd seen enough by that point.) And just so you're aware, Take-n-Play products are not compatible with wooden tracks.
on December 21, 2012
My 2 year old absolutely loves this train, well he just loves trains in general. We got the little Thomas Take Along Carrier and this train fits perfectly in it and goes well with the track. It doesn't fit the normal train table wooden tracks though, but to a 2 year old he doesn't care.
on December 18, 2012
take and play thomas is very nicely made with a lot of details. i personally like take n play train set better than the wooden ones because its smaller and easier to care for the kid. be aware that this set does not match the wooden tracks. they are smaller.
on January 17, 2013
My son loves this train and plays with it all the time. He loves how the cart is held on by magnet and the cargo can come out too. I can't wait to buy more trains in this series that he can attach for one big long train.
on September 22, 2014
I bought this for my 4 year old daughter. She loves Thomas and has really enjoyed playing with this little Take-n-Play Thomas. It works well with the Take-n-Play tracks and has stood up to a lot of use.
on October 20, 2011
thought it might be a little bigger than it turned out to be..a bit expensive but does have 2 cars in one, very good for anywhere play and nicely decorated. very fun and sturdy cars to play with my brother loves to make them crash with other cars and they have not gotten harmed yet :) an overall nice toy.
on December 30, 2012
Maybe i misread the description, but I purchased this for a toddler and based off the picture thought it was much larger. When it showed up, each piece was about 3 inches large and metal. Way to small! and not good for a young child
on July 1, 2013
Even though Thomas doesn't talk (you would think that lead would) its still a good addition to the set. The treasure got lost on the first day the kid played with it, but when you have at least three of them, no one really notices. Even better when you have the play set. Which should be almost mandatory really.
on November 27, 2012
Love, love, LOVE!! My son loves these trains!! We can't get enough of them. He's 2 and they are perfect for him. The do have tiny wheels and tiny part that may come off, but I love these trains overall!!
on November 29, 2012
I bought this for my little boy who turns 3 in december. I returned the toy because I paid 10 bucks for it and saw at the local grocery store they had them clearanced for 3 dollars each. This toy is very small and part of a larger set of collectables. If you kid is into trains its a good toy to get but make sure you get the tracks as well.