Published on June 2, 2010 by Maria Poole

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Compilation. Hate the Commercials!
Published on June 9, 2011 by Brett B. Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Good intro DVD for those just getting to know Thomas & Friends..., June 2, 2010
If your little one does not have a collection of Thomas DVD's yet then I think this would be a very nice introduction. However, I have listed the episodes so those of you that already have a collection going can see if it is a worthy purchase. This is an interesting selection of episodes that might make a good addition to one's vehicle DVD selection if you have a big Thomas fan and a long trip coming up!

The included episodes are selected from the 1st to the 13th seasons:

1. Thomas gets Tricked (pilot episode)
2. Edward Helps Out (1st season, 2nd episode)
3. Diesel's Devious Deed (2nd season, 13th episode)
4. Percy's Ghostly Trick (2nd season, 24th episode)
5. Thomas, Percy and the Dragon (3rd season, 7th episode)
6. Trust Thomas (3rd season, 13th episode)
7. Henry and the Elephant (4th season, 19th episode)
8. Cranky Bugs (5th season, 1st episode)
9. Snow Engine (7th season, 14th episode)
10. Thomas Saves the Day (8th season, 6th episode)
FYI: 8th season was the 1st season to be produced by HiT Entertainment (2004 broadcast)
11. Edward the Great (8th season, 14th episode)
12. James Gets a New Coat (8th season, 5th episode)
13. Thomas to the Rescue (8th season, 3rd episode)
14. Thomas and the Birthday Picnic (9th season, 8th episode)
15. Emily Knows Best (9th season, 17th episode)
16. Percy and the Carnival (10th season, 4th episode)
17. Thomas and the Birthday Mail (10th season, 23rd episode)
18. Sir Handel in Charge (11th season, from "Engines and Escapades" DVD)
FYI: 1st season filmed in high definition and to feature "Engine Rollcall" intro music
19. Skarloey Storms Through (11th season, from "Engines and Escapades" DVD)
20. Duncan Does it All (11th season, from "Engines and Escapades" DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Compilation. Hate the Commercials!, June 9, 2011
Good compilation of the Thomas short stories! The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is, ALL the COMMERCIALS for other video's prior, that I am not interested in!!... But MOSTLY, that the DVD will not allow you to forego them, and go straight to the Thomas stories! That pisses me off. When I BUY something, I should not be forced to watch commercials prior to what I purchased! They should at least place the commercials at the END of the Video, and give you the option to watch them, or not!!! I would not mind that. I would even be compelled to watch them, once the video was OVER! It's no fun to have an impatient 3 year old yelling for Thomas, while your trying to get past 20 commercials!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for new and old Thomas fans!, June 13, 2010
So my 3 year old didn't really like Thomas until this past Christmas so he hasn't really seen many of the older episodes. I think this DVD is great because it includes not only the first Thomas episode ever, but also all the best episodes ever. It stars all the famous trains, narrators, and music! My sons really got a kick out of watching this DVD because there are just so many episodes to watch that it was like a Thomas marathon for them. I do like too that they seemed to enhance all the old episodes so they look crisper and brighter. They are not CGI animation like the newer Thomas DVDs but these are all the classic episodes perfect for any Thomas fan new or old. This DVD is especially great for those without many Thomas DVDs because it features so much! Even all the bonus content rocks! Definitely worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful collection!, June 16, 2010
This DVD has a great mix of older and newer Thomas episodes (including a few of those narrated by Ringo Star, which brought back memories of Shining Time Station from my own childhood)

This DVD is definitely a hit with my 19 month old Thomas fanatic. We put on a few episodes from it daily. If you are looking for a place to start your child's Thomas & Friends dvd collection, start here.

5.0 out of 5 stars my son loved it, September 17, 2011
My son is a HUGE Thomas fan and this was a perfect gift for him. I put it on and he is glued to the tv (and I get to have some time to do laundry, dishes blah blah blah, without the little one undoing the chores I just finished. lol)

5.0 out of 5 stars joy in a box., June 27, 2011
My 2 yr old and the 1 yr old both are in love with this collection. They just love thomas or "choo-choo" as they call it. They love to watch the trains moving and the soothing sounds of the narrator has them calmly sitting through the show. The only problem we have is when its time to turn it off. The delivery of the item was faster than I expected. If you need a Thomas dvd, This is the one. Trust me your kids and even you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son loves this double disc dvd, October 9, 2011
I brought this DVD pack for my son for his 5th birthday. He loves it. For the price you get alot of dvd time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real hit with the birthday boy, April 4, 2011
SHERRI STEVENS (BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, US) - See all my reviews
this was a gift for a three year old who loves trains and Thomas. It was just wonderful. He was very excited.

4.0 out of 5 stars my son loves this, November 14, 2012
julia alter "UC Grad" (Bay Area, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thomas & Friends: The Greatest Stories (Amazon Instant Video)
my son loves this, but he is different from most,
he is a 24 year old autistic man and Thomas the train has just the right gentle story telling that he loves. I reccomend this highly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Older version of Thomas than expected, October 22, 2013
This movie was a great price, but buyers should be aware that it is a older versions of Thomas where they are still using the models. My son, who is used to watching the newer version, seemed to grow bored with it quicker then I would have expected