4.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not the greatest
This is a cute idea. Kids can wash there thomas trains. Well it can prove frusterating. See not all the trains and cars can fit through the train wash. Some get stuck or just won't go through. THis is nice but may be to difficult for younger children. My son screams in frustertaion when he tries to do a train and it won't go through.
Published on November 8, 2001 by firefencer

2.0 out of 5 stars Sure it LOOKS fun, if you're into carpal tunnel......
Published on December 1, 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Sure it LOOKS fun, if you're into carpal tunnel......, December 1, 2000
By A Customer
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Sodor Engine Wash (Toy)
My boys (5 and 4 thought this was awesome when they got it as a gift ... that is, until they used it. If you only have one engine or car on the track, that's fine, but if, like my guys, you have a long train set up, holy toledo, it's a pain in the you-know-what. They'll be cranking those dials until they collect social security. And it didn't seem like all the cars really FIT through there, either. Very tough to turn, sometimes. After just a use or two, my boys seemed to avoid putting using it anytime they built a track, or if they used it, it was always placed on some out-skirt bit of track, so that they didn't have to travel through it! What a waste. Asthetically and in principle, very cute idea, but in practice.... not good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not the greatest, November 8, 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun, November 21, 2003
This review is from: Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Sodor Engine Wash (Toy)
My son loves this! I don't know what people are talking about. The trains go through just fine, even a long line of them. My son is two and a half and very rough with his toys and I have never had a problem with this piece. it's one of his favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to my son's collection, he loves it!, February 13, 2004
Catherine Martin (Sheboygan, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Sodor Engine Wash (Toy)
My son is 4 and 3/4 years old, and received the engine wash for his third birthday. He has had no difficulty operating it, and it is holding up wonderfully. The foam wash rollers look just like new after having countless trains run through them. There are a few pieces that may get caught up a bit but it's quite easy to release them by giving them a little push from behind.
The same engine wash is part of the local toy store's set, which obviously gets tons of wear. It is holding up very well, and is clearly a favorite of the children who sample it at the store.
I would highly recommend this piece to any Thomas enthusiast age 3 and up. I can imagine it may be challenging for a younger toddler to operate it, but it isn't intended for that age anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars sodor engine wash, October 30, 2003
T. Tremblay "tammymomofsix" (WEST ALLIS, WISCONSIN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Sodor Engine Wash (Toy)
This piece has had many bad reviews but we recently got this one and it works just fine. Maybe the manufacturer worked out the kinks because or trains go through really easy, even in a long line. One of my 2 1/2 year old sons favorites.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard and frustrating, April 9, 2003
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Sodor Engine Wash (Toy)
My son Tom loves Thomas the Tank Engine trains, track and accessories. He received the engine wash for his 3rd birthday and was extremely excited. Unfortuately it is very hard to push the trains through even when turning the handle at the top (which I or his Dad have to do). Not all of the trains fit and if, for example, James goes through his coal car alway becomes detatched. It looks very nice but I would only recommend this to children of older ages.

2.0 out of 5 stars My 3yr old didn't like the noisy crank!, February 8, 2002
By A Customer
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Sodor Engine Wash (Toy)
My son has always loved car washes so when he saw this train wash he was overjoyed! We took it home and he ran about two cars through it, unhooked it from the track and said, "I don't want this anymore". It was hard for him to crank and it was very noisy and he said it scared him. He loves all things Thomas so I was surprised, but when I tried it, I could see how hard it was to do and would take a lot of elbow grease to get those cars through. Not so much fun when you have to work so hard! We took it back and got something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars my 3 1/2 year old loves it, December 30, 2002
Christina R. "Christina R." (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Sodor Engine Wash (Toy)
My 3.5 year old son discovered the Thomas Engine Wash in the play area of a toy store, and he stayed there playing with it practially the whole time we were there! His uncle got it for him for Christmas, and he loves it and can operate it all by himself. He plays with it every day. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 Year old Thomas Enthuseust, October 23, 2002
This review is from: Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Sodor Engine Wash (Toy)
I purchased this Engine Wash for my son a couple of years ago for Christmas, (age 3 1/2). This is a great accesory for any Thomas track. When putting the engines through the wash you hear "crick, crick" from turning the side wheel. As the engines go through your little conductor will make the "whooshing" sounds himself. Connecting all the trains as they go through is lots of fun. "Any" added accesory to your track makes it that much more of an adventure and lasting fun for your little one. The childs imagination is limitless with a little help. My son is 6 and looks forward to Christmas becasue he knows that Santa is sure to have another accesory for his track.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wash time fun, May 6, 2007
This review is from: Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Sodor Engine Wash (Toy)
For the Thomas fan this engine wash is a lot of fun. The only down side is you have to build it off the main track if you have the battery operated engines as they can not just drive through it. Requires the child to turn the knob ontop to get the engines through. Still as long as you have extra track its lots of fun and my son enjoys "washing" all his engines.

Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Sodor Engine Wash