Thomas and Friends Wooden Railway - Deluxe Roundhouse
|Price:||$119.88 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Engines trigger 5 railway sounds
- Press a button and engines automatically exit though front doors
- Tethered tools and larger interior for more hands-on play
- Includes Round-About Action Turntable
- Recommended Age Range 3 to 5 Years
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
It's the centerpiece of the train setup, and it takes up A LOT of the table. We don't have the pricey Thomas table, just a generic one that is only about an inch-and-a-half shorter, but the roundhouse takes up a ton of space. It's also very hard to make a full connecting layout to all the roundhouse's connectors. You need a lot of track, especially the small curved ones. You definitely can't buy a lot of other large buidlings/pieces to go along with it. It makes the visuals look pleasing of your train arrangement, but I found that the kids don't seem to play with it much. They usually run the trains around without going through it or using it. They are both under 4, so maybe when they are older they will get more use out of it, and we can put the doors back! The sounds are nice, the push button mechanisms to release the trains work perfect, and the tools in the back are a nice touch, so despite my greivances, it does have some good points. You just have to decide if you want to shell out the dough. I would think it over about whether you want to just buy 4 or 5 nice play buildings to take up your table, which the kids may play with more, or this one very large piece they may get bored with.
1. The trains go up on these strange risers behind the doors. It is hard to get them to stay up on the risers and there is no point except that it helps the cars "run" out of the roundhouse when you pop the doors open. It is less engaging for kids because they cannot see all the way through the roundhouse and can't reach in to manipulate the trains. My son (4) just said to me, "mommy, can we get the roundhouse that I can put my hands into in back?"
2. The turntable is very limiting. You can't have all of the trains sitting outside of the round house "in the yard" as they would in the books or videos, and you are limited to using the turntable outside of the roundhouse since you need it to get the trains out. Also, you need special peices to make multiple tracks link back up with the turntable since you have to use all of the "male" peices for the roundhouse doors and are left only with "female" connectors (or is it the other way around?).
The sounds and tools in the back don't add enough extra fun to make up for these deficiencies. I bought this expensive piece as a treat for my son from Santa and he already wishes he had the "green roundhouse." What a disappointment. I'd return it right now if I could and would get the simple roundhouse with the turntable separately--and save myself $50-$75!
My son likes it anyway. Likes the whole set in general and plays with it everyday. Has a magenetic light and sound signal which was much less but is his favorite piece.
The roundhouse is so big sometimes after putting the tracks away, it occupies its own space at a corner of the room or on the train table, and the kids can have fun with it equally without extending tracks.
As with all toys, at some point they will stop playing. Ours lasted couple of years. The good news is it has good amount of interests in the used market.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Purchased for a three year old, who also picked it out. He absolutely loves it. Quality and performance is excellent.
Would recommend it.
Got this for our 3year old after Christmas and he will play for hours with it. I recommend getting the turn style with it as we'll. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Natalie Harter
Adorable!~ My nephew just loves this fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would highly recommend to anyone who has a child crazy about Thomas! A+Published 24 months ago by PhilaRed
One of the doors didn't work from the day we received it. As we live in Canada it wasn't convenient to send it back, and it was a Christmas present so our son has just played with... Read morePublished on December 6, 2013 by Joelle
The grandchildren, all five, love their Thomas and Friends and especially putting them to bed at night.
My only complaint is that the doors are too easily removed.
My child have a lot of fan with this house and I recomend the kids enjoy playing for long time they don't get bored.Published on May 30, 2013 by Ricardo
Usually Thomas and Friends toys are very well made and durable. This one is a big exception. The doors fall off after just a few uses and then do not go back on properly. Read morePublished on August 29, 2012 by Karen M. Sutton
In addition to getting a great price on this product, I was surprised to see that it also included the roundtable. Read morePublished on May 2, 2011 by mahalo
We purchased this 8 months ago and my kids play with it EVERY day! My daughter age 5 and son age 3 have a blast trying to connect track to all 5 spots on the roundabout piece. Read morePublished on August 13, 2010 by tink22