CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway- Toby's Windmill
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Spin windmill at push of a lever
- Train car passes under windmill
- Load and unload barrels
- Includes barrel cars and two flour barrels
- Thomas Wooden Railway products are not compatible with Take Along Thomas vehicles and destinations
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
We are thrilled with the windmill. As I wanted this train set to represent THOMAS and overall be a creative/manipulative this windmill fits my bill on both fronts. My son loves to pull the levers to start the windmill or to release the flour barrels. It makes him think a bit, rather then pushing a button! Also I was pleased to note that you can turn the top of the windmill so that you can fit it into any layout. Ours is acutally on a diagonal! It's nice to have a simple toy that makes for good/useful engine storylines in his creative play.
A nice feature is that the tower spins. Since my train table is pretty tight this was a must to avoid a bridge overhead. Of course my 3 year old keeps yanking it from the table to play with it but thats ok.
The windmill rotates eight points into the wind; there is a lever to roll the barrels down the ramp onto the waiting train car; there is a lever at the back to cause the windmill blades to spin. This is a great toy and worth the money -- this was the main addition to our train set this year. Your children want to play with this.
*** I am uploading some of our photos into "Customer Images" -- check them out! ***
This is a well engineered product. Whoever thought of it must also have a small toddler, because it has features that make it semi toddler proof.
1) The red crank - the windmill's crank has some "give". If the windmill blades are held stationary and you crank the red handle, it will still move however, the "teeth" that crank the blades simply do not catch. This is a great feature that does not mess up the interior mechanism if the blades are held stationary while cranking.
2) The blades - They are a soft plastic material. Basically they have some give and can bend. My toddler likes to carry this around by the blades and I have no worries about him snapping the blades....yet. Because they are flexible, yet durable.
3) The upper portion of the Windwill - The upper housing rotates...so whatever orientation this unit is built into your Thomas system, your toddler can rotate the blades in any direction he wants.
So, when we finally bit the bullet and shelled out for this thing, we found that it really was pretty cool. Everything worked exactly as it should, the windmill can be turned to accommodate different layouts, and beans slide down the little chute just as well as barrels. It's held up perfectly for well over a year for us now and our now-three-year-old son still loves it. In fact, it's his favorite part of the train set still. Well played, T&F, well played.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a great addition to a Thomas train collection. My boys love to pick up the barrels and drop them down using the lever. Highly recommend! Read morePublished 9 months ago by Mom of 2
bought this and other accessories, very sturdy, good for 2, 3 or 4 yr olds and very colorful, easy to standPublished 19 months ago by Rose A. Esposito
In general the Thomas train stuff is way too pricey. This is fun, I bought it for my son when he was 2. Read morePublished 22 months ago by P. Cruz
This is an iconic Thomas item that is well-made, easy for a two-year-old to operate, and looks great with a train set.Published on December 13, 2013 by HeadsCarolinaTailsCA
Great quality product. It works really well with the other wooden thomas train sets and it is very well made. Read morePublished on December 6, 2013 by Joelle
Another welcome addition to the "Island of Sodor" that overtakes our play room!
Well made and nice toy. Read more