5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Activity Book
We got this before a flight and it has been a great activity book for my 2 year old. He loves putting the magnets on the tracks and then saying 'goodnight' to them each evening as we put them back in the case. It's more activity than book. He loves it! Not a day goes by when we don't read it at least once.
Published on July 24, 2005 by Lisa Pozzi

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but small.
There are only a couple pages and it is smaller than I expected, but I'm sure my nephew will still love it.
Published on December 2, 2009 by Skygazer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Activity Book, July 24, 2005

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific book!, May 2, 2002
Marsha Salome (St. Clair Shores, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thomas' Magnetic Playbook (Thomas & Friends) (Hardcover)
While the story is so-so, the fact that it has magnets is a definite plus! Keeps the kids busy in the car, at home, anywhere and the magnets store nicely on the side of the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnetically Delightful, April 21, 2005
This review is from: Thomas' Magnetic Playbook (Thomas & Friends) (Hardcover)
Peep, peep! Thomas and his friends are hard at work. All the people on the Island of Sodor depend on Sir Topham Hatt's railway every day, and they are always glad to see one of the engines coming down the line. Now, children can help, too, by creating their own scenes and stories with 9 fun magnets: Thomas, Gordon, Henry, James, Percy, Mavis, Harold the Helicopter, and two Troublesome Trucks.

There are 6 colorful, magnetized, glossy pages to the board book. The story features short sentences, and children are given plenty of space to arrange the magnets on the story boards. There's a plastic sleeve on the side that holds the magnets when not in use. The closed book holds it shut, so it's unlikely for the magnets to spill out when handled by children.

My son has gotten a lot of mileage out of the magnets, even using them on the fridge and other magnetic surfaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 2 yr old boy, November 15, 2006
This review is from: Thomas' Magnetic Playbook (Thomas & Friends) (Hardcover)
This is a great and QUIET toy that keeps my son entertained for quite a while considering he is only 2 yrs old. He only gets to play with it on Sundays during church which helps the book keep its "novelty" and keeps my son from getting bored during the hour that he needs to sit still. We like it and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars thomas magnetic book, August 14, 2010
This review is from: Thomas' Magnetic Playbook (Thomas & Friends) (Hardcover)
Excellent book for "quiet" play. I bought this book for my sons (ages 2 & 3) to play with during times we needed to play quietly. I keep it in the diaper bag to pull out at restaurants, doctors visits, church, etc. It is well made- thick magnets and pages. Very durable!

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive to Boys, October 8, 2009
This review is from: Thomas' Magnetic Playbook (Thomas & Friends) (Hardcover)
My boy, who is almost 2.5 years old, is a Thomas fan. He was really thrilled when he received the book. The story is not very attractive and he did not ask for the story. The magnets are very attractive. He asked for the book from time to time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, January 21, 2013
This review is from: Thomas' Magnetic Playbook (Thomas & Friends) (Hardcover)
My toddler loves this book, and the plastic compartment holds the magnets securely when they're not in use. Great value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but small., December 2, 2009
Skygazer (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic Playbook, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Thomas' Magnetic Playbook (Thomas & Friends) (Hardcover)
This book was fun for any Thomas the Train fan. Had a hard time explaining exactly what the magnets were for however. Ended up with all the magnets hanging on the fridge and the book just laying around. But was still fun.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Thumbs Down, December 28, 2011
Elizabeth G. Thompson (Grosse Pointe Park, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thomas' Magnetic Playbook (Thomas & Friends) (Hardcover)
I bought this for my 2 year old nephew for Christmas. He loves Thomas the Train and didn't even look at it. The magnets don't really stick to the book and it's about 3 or 4 pages long with no real story. My nephew would rather play with his brothers' gifts and it makes me feel badly that this was such a poor gift.

Thomas' Magnetic Playbook (Thomas & Friends)
Thomas' Magnetic Playbook (Thomas & Friends) by Random House (Hardcover - October 23, 2001)
$10.99 $6.20