5.0 out of 5 stars Follow-up To My Previous Review About Poor Picture Quality
This is a follow-up to my previous review below.

I was so disappointed with the quality of the print that I repurchased a another copy from Warner Archives and I am extremely pleased. It is an official copy so the print is very clear. I watched it on a 55" LED and a 32" LCD and the picture and sound are great...
Published on January 3, 2011 by Movie Collector

2.0 out of 5 stars Must have but beware...
had to have this classic movie as part of my collection. Plus this is one I actually missed growing up so I wanted to see it. Not a great film but a pretty good story for it's time.

Published 3 months ago by Lance Denham

5.0 out of 5 stars Follow-up To My Previous Review About Poor Picture Quality, January 3, 2011
This review is from: Thomasine & Bushrod (1974) (DVD)
This is a follow-up to my previous review below.

************************************************
Good Movie But Do Not Purchase Copy from Blax Films - Horrible Picture Quality

I love this movie so when I saw it listed on Amazon I was very excited. It's a little dated but I love it anyway.

Anyway, I was extremely disappointed with the quality of this movie. It is the quality of a bootleg DVD. While watching the movie the Black Starz logo appears in the lower right corner of the screen. This makes me question the legitimacy of this DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great western for collectable, January 9, 2011
This review is from: Thomasine & Bushrod (1974) (DVD)
This is a movie that you would want to collect if you are trying to collect one of the rare Black Westerns. Very good story not sure what this means: Tag Suggestions (click to add): cult classic, blaxploitation, jim kelly, crime, martial arts movies, sidney poitier, soul, harry belafonte, fred williamson. It is a classic but hollywood at the time and still does not give credit where it is due.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, September 12, 2011
Brooklin (Linden, NJ, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thomasine & Bushrod (1974) (DVD)
I came across this movie by accident back when i had cable, can't remember what channel had the guts to play this. More than likely it was Black Starz. Before this, i had no idea Max Julien even did another movie besides "the Mack."

Anyway, it was a nice slice of the western genre, which more black actors seemed to lean towards in the 70s. If you enjoyed such flicks as "Buck & the Preacher" and "Adios Amigo," you'll dig this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Must have but beware..., September 23, 2014
Lance Denham (JANESVILLE, WISCONSIN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thomasine & Bushrod (1974) (DVD)

As others have stated: This movie, although in wrapped packaging, was record for TV to VHS then recorded to DVD. Now imagine that spread across 65", it was painful to watch. Even my upgrade everything system could not improve on the picture or sound quality of this movie. Hopefully the studios will see the interest in this era of movies and re-release versions form their master copies. (Please)!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Bonney and Clyde...dipped in chocolate., June 7, 2011
This review is from: Thomasine & Bushrod (1974) (DVD)
One of the rarer seen movies of the blaxploitation era starring Max Julien in his follow up to "The Mack",as an outlaw in the old wild west circa 1910 who meets and falls in love with Vonette Mcgee's character, Thomasine and become the Bonney and Clyde of their time...

This can't end well.

also features a young(early 20s) Glenn Turman, and black film veteran Juanita Moore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon is the 1st place l look, for hard to find movies!, July 15, 2014
This review is from: Thomasine & Bushrod (1974) (DVD)
Again one of my all time favorite movies, its been hard to find, but perhaps l was looking in all the wrong places. Amazon is the 1st place l look!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Trip down the 70's Memory Lane, July 11, 2014
This is one of my favorite movies from the 70's. It brought back memories of days gone by...

5.0 out of 5 stars good, March 10, 2014
This review is from: Thomasine & Bushrod (1974) (DVD)
good and think others would like it. Its a good movie for people to watch with some pop corn and soda.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blurred Pictures, and Dead Colors, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Thomasine & Bushrod (1974) (DVD)
The plot was good, and so was the sound. But, I could barely see the movie. The actors and setting blended as one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great movie! However, August 11, 2014
Great movie! However, Amazon instant video sucks. Some movies don't show up as downloadable after you pay for them. Good luck finding a link that connects you to amazon customer service to correct the problem.

Thomasine And Bushrod
Thomasine And Bushrod by Gordon Parks Jr. (DVD - 2011)
$20.95 $14.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.