Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 16, 2010
I HAVE SEVERAL BIBLES IN MY HOME AND DO USE ALL OF THEM. I ORDERED AND RECEIVED THIS BIBLE, HAVING READ SOME OF THE REVIEWS I WAS AWARE THAT OTHERS STATED POOR QUALITY OF THE BINDING. BEING AWARE THAT SOME ARE MORE PECULIAR THAN OTHERS, I CHANCED IT. THIS TIME BEING PECULIAR WAS NOT THE ISSUE. I REALLY LIKE THE BIBLE-THE QUALITY OF THE BINDING IS DOWNRIGHT SHAMEFUL. THE COST OF THIS BIBLE IS STRICTLY ON THE LITERATURE. WHEN I OPENED THE BIBLE THE VERY FIRST TIME, THE THREADS AND THE INSIDE OF THE SPINE ARE EXPOSED. THIS BOOK WILL NEVER WITHSTAND CONTINUOUS USE. I AM TRULY DISAPPOINTED.
on May 21, 2011
I did a lot of reading and research before ordering this Bible. I wanted both the Thomson Chain Reference system and the large print, and I got both. What I also received, completely unexpectedly, is a very poor quality product. What truly disappoints is that the red letter print, arguably the most important thing, is often so faint as to be nearly invisible. Also it is sometimes visibly shifted vertically by several points relative to the black print. I've tried to contact the Kirkbride company but they won't reply (How very un-Christian!). I've done more research since and now find numerous complaints about Kirkbride products. The only reason I don't give this one star is that I find the reference materials still useful. My bottom line recommendation is to avoid Kirkbride products.
on June 13, 2010
Some of the reviews I read before buying this Bible said the paper was thin, etc. I did NOT find that to be the case. I am very happy with the paper thickness, the quality of print, the indexing is great, and overall, this is a treasure. This is my 2nd TCR Bible and the leather cover/binding is MUCH thicker, stronger than the one bought in the 80's. The Thompson Chain Reference Bible is probably the most coveted among my Christian friends. It is a jewel, great concordance, easy to use, very helpful in expounding on scriptures.
on February 22, 2016
The inside of this Bible is nice! The large print is not what I expected, but I can read it with my glasses off. I love the fact it was made in America.The pages are sewn and not glued.The cover is not so good. The back corner is broken and sharp.Other than the brittle and cracked cover this is the best study Bible's I have ever bought.
on May 28, 2014
I bought my original one in 1986. It has helped me find the answers to thousands of questions. The new updated book has the most recent discoveries in archeology. If you are unable to understand the bible. This is perfect for learning.
on June 14, 2015
My church family has been using the Thompson Chain Reference Bible for years now. It is the most rewarding bible when wanting to find scriptures of specific topics. I would highly recommend this study bible to any one who seriously desires to increase their knowledge of the word of God.
on January 2, 2014
I ordered this for an elderly mother who had problems reading her regular print bible. We were disappointed with the font size. It appears to measure about 12.5 point. Which is just a point or 2 above the regular size. I though large print would be for someone with visual challenges but it seems to be just a incremental larger print than normal. The publisher told me to check out the 'giant' print and 'super giant(also known as 'pulpit print' or 'preacher's print')
on August 21, 2012
I've had the 4th edition for 30 yrs so I bought this 5th edition and what a dissapointment. The bible it's self Is beautiful but the print is hard to read, rather then the ink being black it's almost a gray and the red letter parts are worse it's a fadded red and the paper is thin and the print from the page in back bleeds through. I usually read the bible around 30 minutes a day but I had to stop using this bible before I went blind.
on December 22, 2015
I love this BIBLE!!!!! My whole family Loves and uses only KJV...BIBLE!! Thomas chain is the best in my opion!! GOD'S inspired HOLY WORD! ! GOD IS GOOD!
on January 8, 2015
Everything looks in tip top shape. I love the Thompson Chain Bible. I have used them for most of the 52 years I have been a christian.