5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks!
If you do walking/hiking on dirt, rocks, and or gravel, these socks help. They really do cushion your feet from feeling the rocks or gravel, and do therefore let you walk more comfortably. I know they seem a bit expensive, but I feel they are well worth the money.
Published on September 26, 2007 by Stanley N. Brodsky

1.0 out of 5 stars Use to love em
Published on January 17, 2012 by IronCoder

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks!, September 26, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorlo - the only socks you will ever need, March 26, 2006
This review is from: Thorlo Men's Coolmax Lt Hiker Crew Sock (Apparel)
I'm a huge fan of Thorlo socks. They fit extremely well and are thus extremely comfortable. I prefer to wear boat type shoe as the Throlo provides all the support I need and the combination is great for all kinds of outdoor activity, from work to shopping.

I bought my first pair 8 yrs ago and they are still going strong.

The light hiker is best with light type open shoe for non vigorous activity. You can also substiute these for slippers although on a smooth floor they can be somewhat slippery (the regular hikers are the best slipper substitutes though).

My only wish is that they had more color variety.

5.0 out of 5 stars best socks ever, April 18, 2007
This review is from: Thorlo Men's Coolmax Lt Hiker Crew Sock (Apparel)
These are wonderful supportive socks, that will make sure that your feet stay dry, while not getting any blisters anywhere. I have several pairs from different years and my husband uses the running sock from Thorlo, which is also great. These are much better than your average wool walking sock or your cotton sport sock. They might seem more expensive, but the quality is absolutely worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats the competition, November 24, 2010
I can't say enough good things about the Lt Hiker. Hiking is a favorite hobby of mine and each pair of Lt Hikers I own has seen at least 100 miles on the trail - and far more in everyday use. My job involves working in streams and before I put on my waders I make sure I'm wearing Thorlos. They stay on my foot while other socks fall down and bunch up around my toes. I've tried all the major brands (Smartwool, Fox River, Patagonia, Bridgedale, Dahlgren, etc) and although most of them are comfortable to wear none have been as durable as Thorlo. I wear them everyday because they're comfortable, stay in place and last longer than the others. It's a sock - it may not change your life but I assure you, they won't disappoint you and once you buy them you can stop thinking about socks and get on to a more exciting topic.

1.0 out of 5 stars Use to love em, January 17, 2012
This review is from: Thorlo Men's Coolmax Lt Hiker Crew Sock (Apparel)
I will put out a video review at some point, I have thorlo's from 10 years ago that are still great, the ones that I have purchased in the last few years quality has gone down the toilet. The ankles wear thin in about a year. I have about a dozen pair of various types, four pair of the light hiking socks for every day use. I have very flat feet so they are/where a blessing, however I think they moved there op's off shore. The socks from 10 years ago are still in great shape, the ones from a year ago are ready to fall apart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorlo Coomax Light Hiker Crew Socks are great!, April 27, 2010
John T. (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thorlo Men's Coolmax Lt Hiker Crew Sock (Apparel)
I love these socks! The Thorlo Coolmax Light Hiker Crew Socks are my favorite. I have at least 7 pair in 3 colors. I bought my first pair about 7 or 8 years ago and haven't worn one out yet! Of course, as my wife likes to point out, I have a lot of socks, so I'm not sure how many times I've worn them. All I know is I wear them more often than most of my socks, and others have worn out more quickly.

They're available in different sizes, and the size 11 fit me great. I wear a size 8.5 men's shoe. I have Walnut Heather, Navy Heather, and Everglade Heather. When I first got them, I had trouble telling the latter two colors apart. Now that they've faded a little, I don't even try.

They're pretty thick and stretchy and have great cushion. My feet sweat fairly easily, and these are great for keeping my feet dry. I assume it's the thickness combined with the Coolmax. I'm pretty comfortable in them in all weather, but in SoCal, it doesn't get that cold very often. If I'm spending some time outside and it's really hot, I have lighter socks that I sometimes wear with ventilated shoes.

I tried wearing the Light Hikers while I played sports, but I stopped. My feet sweat way too much, and the thickness of the sock held onto the moisture, despite the Coolmax. Also, the thickness made my shoes feel looser. My feet didn't feel as stable when I cut.

So, I wear them as an every day, casual sock, and my feet are very happy when I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars crew sock, June 25, 2008
This sock is a great fit, I bought them for working on hot rooftops in Texas. They keep my feet dry and comfortable and worth the extra cost to me.
P.S. I have purchased Thorlo socks several times. Initially because of customer reviews, then twice more because they are so well made and comfortable. These would also make a great gift for a practical person.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a difference, September 24, 2010
I used to get hot spots and small blisters. Not anymore. Use them when ever hiking in which boots are required. I do 8-10 milers with no problems with my feet at all. It makes your hikes much more enjoyable when your feet are comfortable

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable socks I own!, April 26, 2010
This review is from: Thorlo Men's Coolmax Lt Hiker Crew Sock (Apparel)
I have a size 15 foot and have lived my life wearing socks from Wal-Mart that are not comfortable at all. Last year, I made the amazing discover that, if I buy size 15 socks instead of the size 13 in the store - they feel better! Imagine that!

After making that discovery, I went online and picked up some of these Thoro light hiking socks for wearing outdoors and I can't even describe how much my feet have appreciated it. At this point, I wear them every chance I get. They have held up great (I wash them inside-out as recommended), and are as comfortable as I could ever want. I've tried several different brands of socks in the last year and these Thorlos have been the best all around.

If I had to come up with a complaint, it would be that they really aren't that 'light' when the weather gets warm here in TX. But, they aren't so hot I can't stand them either.

Overall, if you've never owned nice socks I think you will probably be blown away by these. If you have, then I find it hard to imagine there is anything much better out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Disappointment, January 24, 2014
Stanley R. Carpenter (Cataumet, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I was greatly disappointed with my recent purchase of Thorlo Men's Coolmax Lt Hiker Crew Sock. These socks have been my "go socks" for a long time. They have always been rugged, firm in their leg support, very substantial. As soon as I opened my recent order of these socks I knew something was very wrong. They were soft, insubstantial, thinner than the old one and in no sense a replacement for the old ones that finally wore out. I cannot understand how Thorlo allowed these socks to go out under their name. This recent purchase was for six pairs and I was looking forward to gradually phasing out my most worn out older Thorlos. Now I'm stuck with wimpy, non-durable replacements for the great Thorlos of the past. Extreme disappointment.

Thorlo Men's Coolmax Lt Hiker Crew Sock