5.0 out of 5 stars How to care for your Thorlos
Here is a couple links to the Throlos web page... The first is the "Care and use of the socks" and the second is the product page.
Published on August 19, 2012 by R. Webster

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok
I was not that impressed with these socks. I wear Thorlo socks all the time and love them but these were not as good.
Published 5 months ago by J Rease

5.0 out of 5 stars How to care for your Thorlos, August 19, 2012
This review is from: Thorlo Men's Trail Running Mini Crew Sock (Apparel)
I am allergic to "Fabric Softener" so I don't know how long my four pairs will last... I just recently purchased these so I will update this at a later date. Amazon deleted the links for some reason,so just Google "Throlos" and go to their website.

Care Recommendations:

Put your Thorlos on with care: Place hands on either side of the sock and gather fabric up to the toe area, pulling the sock on around the toes. Then gently pull the socks over the heel and then foot and up the leg. Do not grasp socks at the top and insert the foot, as this will cause the spandex (elastic) to weaken and break.

Periodically a loose end of spandex may work itself to the outside of the sock. This is not a product defect. If this occurs, do not pull the elastic because it will cause unraveling. Just clip it as close as possible to the fabric, without cutting the Thorlos, before you put the socks into the washing machine, to prevent premature pulling, breaking or unraveling.

An individual's perspiration and unsaturated body acids can cause deterioration of the elastic. Your best defense is to launder your Thorlos as soon as possible after every use.

Remember, Thorlos are designed to be worn with activity and lifestyle specific footwear. However, because they are so comfortable, people often wear them indoors without shoes. We recommend that you do not do this, as it causes excessive abrading, pilling, soiling and general wear of the fabric, and diminishes the useful life of the products. You have paid for extra ordinary comfort and protection while being active. Wear Thorlos with the appropriate sport or lifestyle specific shoes, boots or around the house with slippers.

Washing Recommendations:

Wash in lukewarm or cool water, using Regular/Delicate washer setting. Wash with like colors: whites are to be washed with white clothes only, dark colors are to be washed with dark clothes only. Do not use chlorinated bleach, or laundry detergents containing chlorinated bleaching agents, on Thorlos socks. Use of these agents results in fiber deterioration and breakdown of elasticity. We recommend Thorlos be laundered and tumble-dried inside out to fluff the terry padding and achieve maximum comfort and protection. Plus, this will prevent lint and pilling from accumulating on the outside of your Thorlos.

To receive full benefit of the Thorlos product design, we strongly recommend using LIQUID FABRIC SOFTENER in the rinse cycle. This is vital to extend product-wear life. Fabric softener enhances the wicking property of Thorlos Foot·Health fibers. It lubricates both the fibers and the elastic keeping them flexible and allowing them to stretch and recover as designed. It also helps to maintain product sizing, softness, stretchability and durability.

Line drying is not recommended as it can contribute to premature breakdown of the elastic core through a process called hydrolysis. Consumers are advised to use a dryer and to tumble dry on permanent press or low heat. High dryer temperatures could cause shrinkage and spandex breakdown. The tumbling process will restore fiber loft for maximum comfort and impact protection.

Be certain your socks have been thoroughly dried after laundering. If socks are put away damp, spandex break down may result due to excess moisture still present in the elastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wyoming 20 below zero runs, warm feet, January 3, 2012
20 below is the coldest temperature I have ventured out in. Running on snow packed roads, with these socks I didn't have a bit of trouble with cold feet. Seem to keep their shape well; however, I haven't used them for a long time. My family thinks I am a sock "freak" cause I cycle them out so quick, can't help it...spent too many years in my youth with crusty, stretched and holey socks. I would rate these as a definite top five favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars longest-lasting socks ever, October 29, 2011
This review is from: Thorlo Men's Trail Running Mini Crew Sock (Apparel)
Great, comfortable socks and they are seriously the longest-lasting socks I've ever owned. I use them for biking mostly. I bought 3 pairs about 10 years ago and still have 2 pairs left - and that's only because the washer ate a couple over the years.... I think it's finally time to invest in some new ones. btw, the fact that these are US-made by a family-owned company is important.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trail Sock, December 1, 2011
This review is from: Thorlo Men's Trail Running Mini Crew Sock (Apparel)
I used these when I ran a trail 50K the other month and have no complaints. I had to go through plenty of mud and water and my feet felt fine using these socks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks for any occasion, September 8, 2011
I love these socks. They are well made, cushy without being too thick and wick away moisture to keep your feet fresh all day long. I wear them day-to-day and when i go hiking, playing hockey, riding dirtbikes and everything else aside from when i am wearing flip-flops or need to wear dress socks.
The grey color seem to be a bit thicker than the tan color. I dont know if it was just the batch i got (2 of each) or if this is just the way they are. There is not much of a difference and maybe it is mental, but you might notice the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best socks for hiking and camping, August 24, 2013
I've been looking for dark colored socks for women's size 8. I tried these unisex socks in the medium and they are now the best socks I own. The dirt from the trail doesn't stain these socks, just wash and wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, October 24, 2013
gsmitskevich (Rockledge, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Thorlos are heavy duty socks. You get what u pay for in this case. Doing high mileage runs for marathon training. Bought 3 different pair. These and the others fit true, are comfortable and have not worn through. They are slightly bulkier than the typical thin sock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and feel, October 10, 2013
Some of the best socks I have used for fitness. Hold up well. I would recommend them for any runner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Socks, September 22, 2011
I love the feel and fit of these socks. The workmanship is outstanding and I love the gray and black tones that will hide the dirt and mud from trail running.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for keeping you warm, November 13, 2014
I have stuck with the Thorlo brand for 2 years now and they always make great warm socks. During the winter months these are perfect and keep your feet warm. I love wearing these with my nightgowns and lounging in them during the day. I am definitely getting more of these. The con on these is that they fitted small and tight when I first got them but after a few weeks my feet adjusted to them and they feel great and comfortable now true to my size.