Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thorlo Men's Combat Boot Overcalf Socks
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon January 28, 2009
These are quite simply the best socks I have found. They are calf-length boot socks with specially woven padding at the heel, instep, and toes. There is no wool, for those who need to avoid that, and they fit very nicely. They do not strangle your calf, yet stay up well. A pair of these and a pair of New Balance 622s make my feet very, very happy. They also work well if you like to pair socks with sandals. Very comfy.

While a bit on the spendy side, they are worth the money. I have all that I have ever bought, going back nearly 20 years, and I wore them exclusively for most of that time. Some are getting a bit threadbare at the heel, and I have darned a few that developed holes from extended years of wear. They wash easily and just keep going and going with a reasonable level of care.

I am pleased to see Amazon offering them, as I stopped buying from my previous supplier and could not find another. I am extremely happy to see them available here. I recommend these without hesitation.
on January 14, 2010
I wore these socks through the worst blizzard I can remember. They are warm and comfy. Boots that used to rub after a few hours can now be worn with all day comfort. My only issue is that I'm at the upper edge of a sock size and they could use an inch to go over the calf, so they sometimes slouch.
on January 29, 2014
Ok, having lived in Chicago and now live in Jacksonville, Fl. which is very cold for a Florida city I needed some thick, warm socks for my boots. I found these socks online and ordered them and wish that I had these when I lived in Chicago.... such a difference in warmth and comfort with the boot.

These are thick socks so make sure you have room. The socks come up high so I fold them a bit and they look perfect with cropped leggings as the boot and sock comes over the leggings. These socks allow me to wear my cropped leggings in the winter because the boot and sock come up so high. Very nice !

Great, I am back to order another pair and decided to write a review.

I bought size medium and I am a womens size 9.5 and they fit fine.
on February 24, 2014
I ordered my best beloved another pair just yesterday. He'd said, "I'd really like another pair but they're too expensive." No, sez I, $14 for a good pair of comfortable socks you need is NOT too much. He's a very big guy, 6'4", and a bit overweight, but also truly big-boned AND big-footed (feeted?) (I married a Sasquatch!?!), so regular knit socks A) are NEVER big enough (he wears size 13 shoes) and B) leave painful marks on his calves. These are also warm (he's recently worked outdoors a lot in Ohio). Will update if something awful suddenly happens with the socks - like if they fall apart in the wash, or hubby is now able to more speedily run off with a super model.
on January 2, 2012
After getting some blisters on a ruck, I began my search for the perfect pair of boot socks for military use.

I've owned Rocky S2V's, Fox River's, Thorlo combat, Wigwam combat, and Smartwool.

The Thorlo socks by far offered the most cushion. In fact, they're so thick, they increase my shoe size another half size, both for the running and boot pairs that I own, which can make space tighter. I liked the Thorlos until I found the Smartwools. The smartwools are just slightly thinner, don't bunch up as much and perform a lot better in decreasing sweat. I now only wear smartwool PHD medium cushioned socks, and I'll wear a coolmax liner on longer rucks.
on March 25, 2012
I love these socks and you probably will too.If you ever wore Thorlos Hiking Crew socks then you already have an idea of how comfortable they are.These are that but seemingly better with more padding all around and a taller height.They still breathe and wick away moisture extremely well but still keep your feet at a good stable temp despite their thickness which is a plus to me as it makes me fit my hot weather boots better.I bought large and at first they seemed small but they will stretch and mold to your foot very well within a few minutes of walking in them.Last but not least these are made in the USA so you'll be doing yourself and this country's workers a favor by buying these.
on April 12, 2015
These are great socks. I currently own over a dozen pairs of them. Good fit. They work well for wearing inside of leather work boots for hours on end throughout the day/night. Probably the best socks I've owned/worn for work.
on November 17, 2012
MY HUSBAND IS A BRONZE STAR RECIPIENT( IRAQ) AND ASST MID EAST LOCATIONS-HE'S WORN COMBAT BOOTS FOR DAYS ON END (SOMETIMES SLEEPING IN THEM) SOMETIMES WALKING WITH HEAVY EQUIPTMENT ON HIS BACK.HE SAYS THESE SOCKS ARE THE BEST,BAR NONE. WHEN HE'S FOUND IT HARD TO GO ON, THESE SOCKS ARE LIKE A "GOOD ANGEL" HOLDING HIM UP.HE IS HOME SAFE AND STATIONED IN ENGLAND AND THESE WONDERFUL SOCKS ARE CUSHIONING HIM THROUGH 12 HOURS DAYS OF HIS MISSION HERE IN THE U.K.
YES THEY ARE EXPENSIVE, BUT- ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY TO HEAR HIM SAY WITH A HAPPY SMILE ON HIS HANDSOME FACE " MY GOSH HONEY ITS LIKE WALKING ON CLOUDS WHEN I PUT THESE ON" *RIGHT NOW ON THORLO.COM THEY ARE OFFERING*** BUY3 GET ONE FREE**** WITH FREE SHIPPING. YOU CAN ALSO DONATE A PAIR FOR HALF PRICE TO A MILITARY MEMBER WHO IS SOMEWHERE FAR FROM HOME,ON THEIR FEET FOR HOURS UNDER WHO KNOWS WHAT CONDITIONS,KEEPING OUR COUNTRY SAFE! THANK YOU!
on August 19, 2012
Good price, fast delivery, and made in the USA! I've been wearing these socks with combat boots while doing patrols in 80° F to 90°F humid weather and they wick sweat better than other more expensive socks.
on May 9, 2016
I've been wearing Thorlo combat boot socks since the 1980s. First as a police officer, until I retired, and now as a civilian employee in a large county jail security division. Both on, and off duty.
They're also without compare if you're a motorcyclist.
If you wear combat boots, motorcycle boots, or cowboy boots, there simply are not better socks available. Comfort and durability cannot be matched by any other product I've tried in over 30 years. Additionally, they're made in North Carolina - right here in the U.S.A.