Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Size: Large/13 Men's 9-12.5 Ladies 10.5-13Color: White/navyChange

TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 4, 2009
I have been wearing Thorlo Thick Cushioned and Reinforced Running and Sports socks since the late 60's. I first wore them for tennis, then racquetball for a total of 37 years. I'd buy six pair, then a dozen pair at a time, and mark them so that they got even wear. (Originally, you could get Thorlos with colored bands at the top - blue, red, grey, and plain.) In the last 5 years that I played - and played 6 days a week - any one pair of socks would last a month to 6 weeks maximum. It would not have been so bad, but they did not wear through where the reinforced heel was, but through the toe and at the ball of the foot. Whether the problem with the ball of the foot was left or right, I don't know. Both socks wore through in both places.

I wrote to Thorlo when I had "stored up" 30 pair of socks and, since I ordered direct for the last 10 years, they sent me three free pair. Unfortunately, they had no reinforcement, and they ran within two weeks of wearing them. Just catch them on a toe nail or part of the shoe, and they ran. Comfortable, but they didn't last even when I just walked in them.

My solution - when I was still playing racquetball - was to wear two pair at the same time. Even then, some just had to be discarded when there were holes three inches around on the soles.

Last year, I switched to Nikes at half the cost. I have had no trouble whatsoever with the Nikes and though they're not as soft as Thorlo, at least I'm getting my money's worth. (A little softener in the water does nicely.) I just got six pair for $16.65. So, while I'm sorry to report that Thorlos are no longer what they used to be, I'm fairly confident that after 35+ years, I'm giving them a fair and accurate review.
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
These are great socks if you spend a lot of time on your feet, or do a lot of walking. I have a narrow heel, and these padded socks make sure I never get blisters. My feet also perspire, and these socks wick the moisture. Finally talked my husband into trying them, and he was surprised at how much better his feet felt at the end of a long day. When you wash them, don't keep them together by folding one sock over both socks or the "cuff" will break down and loose its shape. Thorlo also tells you that!
on December 22, 2008
If you have never run a marathon, hiked 25 miles,walked the length and breadth of new york metropolitan museum then you would not appreciate the sheer comfort of this sock over any other. A long time favorite eclipsed in my opinion, only by smart wool products.
on February 18, 2011
I have worn these socks for years and absolutely love them. I live in them, literally, most of the year. I live in Minnesota, where it is cold for several months each year. The double-thick soles on these socks allow me to move around the house in my stocking feet all winter without my feeting feeling cold. They also keep my feet warm when I put on my boots and go outside. Any time that fashion does not dictate more formal socks, these are the ones I am wearing.

They also wash up very well and last a long time.

I am a woman and most men's or unisex socks are too wide--I end up with little "ears" sticking out at the corner of the toes. But not with these socks. They "stretch in" to fit me just great from toe to heel to ankle.
on February 14, 2010
In the past, this brand of socks has been my absolute favorite and well worth the price. However, this pair was awful. They pilled horribly after the first wash, and looked like they had been worn for years. Don't waste your money.
on November 8, 2007
I've been wearing these socks for years while I've been running or otherwise not having to be "dressed up." They last for years, are comfortable, warm and really cushion my old feet! None better.
on July 28, 2007
The comfort provided by the thick-cushioned Thorlo sock exceeds all other socks that I have ever worn. In fact, after purchasing a multiple supply of Thorlos, I immediately placed a second order to assure myself that I would always have these socks available. I gave away all other socks to Goodwill.

As my major hobby is gardening and since I'm a pedestrian and not a driver, I'm on my feet more than most people. This Thorlo product aids in my gardening and walking activities.

I machine wash the Thorlos in luke warm water on a low speed cycle and I dry them on a clothesline. While hanging them, I stretch each sock, which is just a habit, but I think is useful to maintain a proper fit. If you treat these socks right, they will reciprocate.

I hope you have as much luck with the Thorlo sock as I have experienced.
on December 3, 2013
I am extremely disappointed with this product. Thorlo used to be a very high quality sock, with very thick heel and toe cushion, and remainder of sock very thick also, HOWEVER, these new Thorlos are watered down versions, heel and toe very thin material, and remainder of sock is also thin. Not much cushion in the heel and toe area, poor quality. I will not buy any more of these Thorlos unless the quality goes way up, VERY DISAPPOINTED, Thorlo has gone way, way, way, way, way, way, downhill, they have gone the CHEAPSKATE route. Shame on THORLO.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2013
Several years ago I purchased Thorlo Socks that were VERY THICK ! ! The product description says it's thick., but it's far from what I expected. I would not buy this sock if you are looking for VERY THICK socks. Is it possible Thorlo is cutting corners on their product ? ? ?
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I had previously bought some Thorlo walking crew socks and loved them, and I decided to try the running crew sock. They are just as wonderful as the walking socks, with the added benefit of even more cushioning.

They are well worth the high price. I feel like my feet are floating on air when I wear them. When wearing regular socks for sports, I have to go to a lot of trouble, employing special toe protectors to prevent blisters, but it is not necessary with these socks. In addition, these socks avoid the painful problem of all other socks I've owned of a lumpy seam above my little toes--which creates painful calluses. Instead, on this sock there is comfortable padding around both sides of the toes, as well as the ball of the foot and the heel.

These socks are made of CoolMax® fibers and offer Aegis® antimicrobial treatment which allows them to wick moisture away from the feet, thereby protecting them from fungus infection, calluses and blisters.

Thorlo socks are manufactured in the United States in a North Carolina factory. This family-owned company is in its third generation of crafting some of the best socks money can buy.

If you run, walk, or play any high-impact sport--or even if you bicycle--I can't recommend Thorlo socks highly enough.

These socks make terrific Christmas or birthday presents for anyone who cares about foot comfort. I guarantee they won't find these socks a boring gift.

See 1 answered question