Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thorlos Mens Tennis Thick Padded Crew Socks | TX
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 31, 2009
This sock is actually my favorite and I have many pair. They're very well padded (by the way they have knit the sock). This padding is great for protecting your feet. But because it is so thick it actually adds enough width and length to your foot that you should have this sock on before buying the shoes you plan to wear with it. Also, because it is so thick, my feet tend to sweat more than normal (the sock is hot even without shoes on), and though the sock is advertised as wicking, it doesn't wick very well. Do wash them inside out (as directed) because if you don't the padding matts down and you get balls of fluff that will fall out once you do turn your socks inside out. I find that the first place on the sock that wears out and gets a hole is on the center ball of the foot. Never had any problems with any other location on the sock wearing out - just the ball, maybe because that's where most of the pivoting of the foot occurs? When the sock is new, once it has been washed a few times, it gets sort of a light fuzz look on the outside probably from the small fibers that help make up the padding. As time and wear goes on, those fibers disappear and the sock becomes more smooth on the outside (of course the inside is also being affected over time). I find also that the socks have a tendency after enough time to turn slightly creamy (a faint yellowish tint), though I wash my socks with white clothes only, I do not bleach, and if I've been going stocking-footed (no shoes), I will use a stain remover to remove the dirt stains on the sole of the sock.
22 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2008
I used to buy cheap white athletic socks -- you know, the 4 pairs for $10 kind you find at Mega-Lo Mart. Then someone introduced me to Thorlo socks about 10 years ago, and my feet have been happy clams, not barking dogs, ever since. The Thick Cushion Tennis Socks are my favorites of them all, because of the extra padding in the heel and ball areas, plus Thorlo's usual luxurious blend of padding and added support. If you participate in sports, walk a lot, or are just on your feet a lot, once you try Thorlo's, you'll never want to wear anything else.
on June 26, 2010
I found these socks available when I couldn't find a thick cushioned sock anywhere. I have plantar fascitis and this product really helped me when I needed to wear sneakers. I am forever grateful for finding this product available.
on December 10, 2011
Bought these socks because I was tired of using my Adidas "sport" socks daily and for tennis. I'd always thought a "tennis" sock was simply a gimmick to make more money. I'd also always worn no-show socks and didn't understand why people would wear crew and ankle high socks for tennis. Again, maybe a gimmick perpetuated by marketing of some of the other brands and styles. Not so with these. These do not make your feet sweat, but cushion like thick cotton socks. This means that your feet will not get sore even when on the balls of your feet for a long match. Plus, you have extra stability within the shoe itself and on the heel, so your foot is more secure when running for a tough shot. There is a reason why pros don't wear no-show socks. Get at least ankle length ones
on January 17, 2012
I will put out a video review at some point, I have thorlo's from 10 years ago that are still great, the ones that I have purchased in the last few years quality has gone down the toilet. The ankles wear thin in about a year. I have about a dozen pair of various types, several pair for working out. I have very flat feet so they are/where a blessing, however I think they moved there op's off shore. The socks from 10 years ago are still in great shape, the ones from a year ago are ready to fall apart.
66 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2012
I'm a nationally ranked senior tennis player living in Florida, and Thorlo tennis socks, either the regular crew or the mini crew, are the ONLY socks that I ever buy. The extra padding in these socks is worth every penny if you're playing a demanding sport such as tennis. Buy multiple pairs and rotate them for extended wear. Even if you don't do this, these socks last longer than any I've ever owned. I wear the longer sock on cooler days and the shorter sock when my legs are fully exposed, thus allowing for a more natural tan. Because I live in a warm, sunny climate, I wear the mini more frequently, but I buy both styles. I live in Maine in the summer and use the longer version more frequently there. These socks are also great for just walking around the house because of the comfortable padding.
on November 9, 2006
These socks are my new favorite. They are cushioned and fit my size 16 feet well with the support I need.
on October 11, 2015
Before these socks, the last socks I bought were a ten-pack of a well-known brand name that was sold in one of the local department stores. Although I'd previously had good luck with that particular brand, this time the socks wore out in no time. Disgusted, I decided to check into whatever socks had the highest rating on Amazon. When I saw the price on these Throlos I began to have second thoughts, but the glowing reviews made me decide to go ahead and take a chance by ordering three pairs. My wife almost had a canary when she saw what they cost, but it's now ten months later and these socks are still going strong. I have no doubts they'll last another ten months and I'm even getting ready to buy four more pairs. These socks wear extremely well and are very comfortable. My only complaint is that they're so thick that some of my shoes now feel tight. As the label says, if you're planning to buy new shoes, better wear these socks when trying on the shoes as you may need a bigger size than usual. In fact, you could probably get by wearing just these socks as they're almost like woven shoes.
on April 18, 2015
The socks appear to be high quality and well made. They definitely have more cushioning than any other socks I have ever purchased. I just can't decide if they are worth the extra money and the extra care instructions. I recently bought some Adidas cushioned socks that were close to these in quality, but cost much less. The bigger problem for me is the washing procedure. The instructions say you should wash them inside out (no big deal) and you have to "use liquid fabric softener after each use (to lubricate the fibers for longer life)" I don't use liquid fabric softener, and don't plan on starting just to wash 2 pairs of socks. If you use fabric softener, this won;t be a big deal for you.
on November 22, 2015
The socks are comfortable. But they do not last. For $15, I expect a pair of socks to last more than 20 washings. I wear shoes, I walk around on carpet or linoleum floors. A hole wore through the ball of the foot area in about 20 wearings. I bought these 8/1/2015, it is 11/22/2015 , I threw them out last week.

I'll change my rating of someone can tell me I expect too much from a pair of socks.