Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 10, 2013
This product is a great option for a quick, easy, complete, and nutritious meal. I combine 2 scoops with 10 oz of unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened chocolate almond milk for a healthy and quick breakfast. I also mix one up if I end up having a late work day and drink this in the evening instead of eating a heavy meal. I have learned to make it even more nutritious by using my blender to mix in frozen kale, dandelion greens, blueberries, and chia seeds (for extra fiber). Next, I'm going to try blending two scoops with unsweetened coffee, unsweetened dark chocolate, and ice to make a mocha-chino shake!

I'm addicted to the chocolate for a quick, easy mix...but, I'm going to try the vanilla so that I can mix it with frozen berries (not a fan of the chocolate / berry combination). Wish this product was a little less expensive.
I have been using this product along with the vanilla and chai since February. The chocolate is my favorite. I have lost 38 lbs. with this, (followed the J.J. Virgin diet for 3 weeks & then made diet adjustments), while cutting out gluten and dairy along with moderate exercising and don't feel hungry. I use a good blender to mix it well and add pb2 peanut butter powder on occasion with 8 oz. of unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk along with 1 cup spinach & ice. I don't find it hard to mix at all, nor offensive compared to other drinks I've found, nor near as chalky as pea rice protein powder. J.J. Virgin's "diet" (lifestyle change) works, and I'm living proof. I feel better and would recommend this to anyone. Protein powders take getting used to (you really should give it several weeks). If you are serious about your health/diet/lifestyle and weight management, then this is a great supplement to your regime. I use this almost every morning and sometimes at lunch when I'm pressed for time. ****One tip is to drink it relatively quickly (especially if you add ice or other items) since the fiber in it will make it thicken upon standing. In other words, you can't mix this up ahead to drink for later. The fiber will make it sludge after 30 minutes or so.

UPDATE 1/1/14: This was a good deal at fifty nine ninety five Amazon Prime price before the new year. Now it's ten dollars higher priced and not much cheaper than JJ Virgin's website. The only plus is you get it in two days with Prime. So disappointed they raised the price!

UPDATE 1/9/14: So glad to see they lowered the price back down to fifty nine-ninety five. I will continue to order this at that price.

UPDATE: 2/26/14: The price is back to fifty nine ninety five plus twelve dollars shipping!!! Ugh. You might as well purchase at JJ Virgin's website. No bargain here anymore.
55 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2013
prefer a whey product but trying to avoid dairy products so this will allow me to do that. Vanilla flavor is good when mixed with berries. like the chocolate flavor without adding additional ingredients.
on December 5, 2013
I lost 30 pounds over 6 months using the virgin diet and the Thorne Research shake product described in the book. Tried the Virgin Diet brand name version of the shake (chocolate) about a month ago and won't ever buy it again. First problem is how sickeningly sweet it is. Perhaps it's good for the first month when you're acclimating to a no-sugar diet and still have that sweet tooth. After you're over that short period, this product isn't worth the extra carbs compared to the Thorne Research. Second issue I have is that it makes me break out. My complexion has cleared up since month 2 of healthier eating, but 6 months into it, when I started using this shake mix I started having problems. I have experimented by not drinking the product for days, then a week, and as soon as I have one shake, within a day, I start breaking out. Sticking with Thorne Research original formula. I don't know what they did different for JJ's version but it's no good for me.
on July 15, 2013
It is very chocolaty but you need to drink it immediately after you make it or the flavor changes to a horrible rancid flavor. So 30 minutes after you make it, is gross. However before that its pretty decent.
on June 1, 2013
I tried to drink this 3 times. Once at full strength, once at 3/4 strength, and once at half strength. In addition to the strange aftertaste, it made my stomach cramp. I would rate it NO stars if that option was available. I've started the return process.
on June 23, 2013
The chocolate shake is gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, and soy free and it tastes delicious. It also dissolves very easily and completely. The chocolate is delicious alone - I've tried the vanilla with berries added and it's ok but doesn't taste as good as the chocolate.
on June 2, 2013
I drink this shake as a supplement since I don't always eat like I should. It has a lot of vitamins, proteins, fibers, etc. I blend two scoops of this with unsweetened almond milk, fresh baby spinach, fresh blueberries and about six ice cubes. I try to drink one shake a day.
on August 9, 2013
I drank the shake for breakfast and lunch for 3 days. By the third day I was sick to my stomach and couldn't use it anymore. Waste of money!
on February 5, 2014
SO many of the protein shakes out there have soy or whey or sugar or weird artificial sweeteners in them, among other unknowns!

The Virgin Diet Protein Shake is designed for those of us trying to avoid the common fool allergens. THANK YOU!

I loved the taste of the Vi-shakes I use to drink, & although those were lactose free… they DID have soy and dairy in them, so I cannot tolerate them… they mess w/ my gut.

Whereas the Virgin Diet shakes are made just for those of us with these kinds of sensitivities… so I tolerate them well. I think they are about as tasty as I'm going to find that is dairy-free, soy-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, corn-free, egg-free & sugar-free.
So far, I like the chocolate better than the Chai… I know the chai is her favorite, but I like the chocolate. I'm looking forward to trying the Vanilla.