Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thorogood Men's Poromerics Oxford
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 22, 2015
I supervise security details and have several of these same shoes I wear daily. The uppers, I just can't say enough good things about them, they have lasted for years, have NOT cracked, really top drawer for the price, WOW!!! The soles and heels do last well considering I'm on everything from carpet, to a lot of concrete to a football field in my line of work, they take a beating!! I will say to be careful once the heel starts wearing from normal use. Once wet, from rain lets say, you will go skating on tile floors. When new, not a problem, but when I wear the outer edges of the heel the rain causes them to be very slippery. On my two older copies of this shoe I am thinking of getting a resole at a shoe repair with upgraded soles and heels, again the uppers are fine, NO cracking, just WOW !!!! Great shoes at a really great price (usually about $60) !!!!
on March 24, 2016
For the Air Force uniform these shoes fit the bill. No more having to buy standard issue shoes from Bates. These are comfortable and flexible. They don't feel narrow at all and if you need a shoe to have space like a sneaker then these are the shoes for you. The Air Force uniform shoes where too narrow for me, even the wide ones and were chocking my feet so when I found these shoes and found that they wear a little wide I was skeptical. After they arrived I tried them on and the next day I walked over 10,000 steps in them and my feet were happy and relaxed. I had all the room I needed and enough to later buy some shoe inserts that will give me that extra arch support. But as is these shoes are great and comfortable. If you looking for a great comfortable uniform shoe. Look no further.
on August 23, 2013
These shoes are great, but they run really big-order a size smaller than you would normally. I have always worn the same size in any brand of shoe and my size in these is a full size smaller
on June 19, 2014
I'm issued Bates at my sheriff's department, hate those darn shoes! These however are so comfortable. They last about a year and a half for me. Worn for 50+ hours a week and on my feet for 90% of the time. Highly recommend, good ankle support and wide enough for thick socks and stirrup shirt stays.
on October 28, 2014
I was a little concerned based on another review about these shoes being "big" compared to other shoes, both in style as well as sizing. I did not find that to be the case at all. The shoes look fantastic with my uniform! They are also surprisingly comfortable and seem very well made. Sizing was spot on perfect for a size 10 W. Very happy with this purchase. Will definitely order these again when these finally wear out. Highly recommend.
on November 17, 2014
I found that my older pair of patent leather had deteriorated along the sewn seams to the sole, so I ordered another pair via Amazon Prime. The shoes were sized as expected, and I received the shoes with typical 5-star Amazon Prime speed and packaging. These shoes are the correct grade for Class A uniform wear, the same exact pair as my older pair.
on February 22, 2012
These patton leather shoes are extremely comfortable and look very sturdy. The sole seems that will last for a very long time. They look a lot bulkier than the Bates shoes, so it is up to you if you're allowed to wear them with your uniform. Nonetheless, they look very sharp and, I repeat, are very comfortable shoes!
on June 18, 2014
I got this pair for a wedding as my current shoes were getting worn out. The shoes fit properly with a little wiggle room for my toes. They were very comfortable for the dancing I did all night. Heck, I keep the shoe box they came in and wrapped in the plastic to keep them clean and in great condition.
on March 3, 2014
Bought these to replace my Bates which were way too narrow (10.5 E, wide). These were very wide and comfortable space-wise, but a little too large. I have consistently wore a 10.5 regular in Nike for 20 years. I bought a 10.5 wide, but it fits like a size 11. I could have bought a size 10 and been happier. Many of the reviews said they fit big, but didn't realize just how big. They aren't terribly cushy and pretty stiff. Only time will tell if they loosen up a bit. They appear a bit clunky compared to Bates, but I'm 6', 200 lbs, so that's not a bad thing. I plan to get a Dr. Scholz insert and they'll be fine since I only will wear them about once or twice a year.
on February 5, 2015
These shoes were absolutely perfect! They may have been a little more expensive than some from other companies but you get what you pay for! These are by far the best fitting and most comfortable shoes I have purchased for military functions! Thorogood continuously exceeds expectations. Thank you!