Those who bought this for a son or grandson: How old is the child? Would you recommend this for an eight-year old?
asked by Grandma Sandy on April 22, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
votes
Hello my son is 5 and he loved it. He needed a little help but it was a great lesson. We homeschool so we take every oppertunity to make a lesson out of it.
lupe answered on April 22, 2013

A
votes
I bought this for my 10 year old son and he had no problem building it. He loves it and plays with it often. He has taken it apart and built it in other ways. He would love to have more sets to add on to it. I feel an 8 year old could build this set with no problem. It is a very small set but that does not take away from the fun.
Cindy answered on April 22, 2013

A
votes
My son just turned 11 and he loves this set. He is a HUGE Minecraft & Lego fan so it was a no-brainer in my opinion. The set is pretty small and I would not (and did not) pay more than $35 for it. Only you can decide if it's worth the cost, but if your intended recipient isn't a Minecraft fan then I would suggest looking at another Lego set.
Bill A answered on April 22, 2013

A
votes
If he's a fan of Minecraft and Lego's he'll love putting it together, even with the small pieces. I bought it for a seven-year old and he was able to do it all by himself.
steven2203 answered on April 22, 2013

A
vote
I wouldn't recommend it for any age, it's quite unremarkable for any age and definitely not worth $50. Once my son spent over an hour putting it together, he has even looked at it since. The Minecraft characters are a lot smaller than the typical Lego characters, so those aren't even worth collecting. Again, don't purchase this unless you've got $50 to throw out the window.
Oh_Yeah answered on April 22, 2013

A
vote
My son turned 9 and it was a birthday gift, almost too easy but he loves it, and it was all the talk of the school yard because it is cool.
Mrs. Lizned answered on April 22, 2013

A
vote
My son is 10, and put it together easily. I will add that the parts are smaller than normal, so maybe a little easier to be lost. However, if he is a minecraft fan, he will enjoy putting it together.
Rebecca Luke answered on April 22, 2013

A
vote
my grandson is nine and he love lego and minecraft. His birthday is not untill July but he was asking for it. I would get it for an 8 year old if they like minecraft.
Rose Lueders answered on April 23, 2013

A
vote
My son is 9 he loves minecraft and lego!
Diane answered on May 7, 2013

A
votes
I would. The pieces are smaller than the average Lego but for an eight year old, it should be fine.
Grace Roman answered on April 22, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›