Customer Discussions > Mass Effect 3 - Xbox 360 forum

Those who want a new Ending--don't give up

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-45 of 45 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 25, 2012 3:09:45 PM PDT
Brendan Ross says:
In the end, Joker has the same eyes as TIM does, and he clearly has cybernetics on his arms as well. Even the plants on that planet are cyborgs (have the same appearance, before the camera pans to the Normandy). Joker is no longer an organic, he is a cyborg.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 3:40:22 PM PDT
They didn't say that, or anything like that. I believe they said it made all organic life now partially synthetic. Total space magic.

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 5:16:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2012 5:18:57 PM PDT
B3000 says:
No, all organic DNA is now partially synthetic. Look at jokers arms and his hat and his eyes as he steps off the Normandy. It's five minutes after getting hit by the beam which -- for some unexplained reason crashes the Normandy AS WELL AS SCRAMBLES DNA -- and he's already got circuit-veins, as does EDI.

Because SPACE MAGIC.

All of his DNA has become "new DNA." Direct quote.

And why did jumping off that ledge allow for Joker's DNA to be rewritten? Why does EDI suddenly have DNA? Why does your jumping off that ledge crash the Normandy? Why is the Normandy even running away from the epic final battle, despite the fact that it has Thannix cannons, which makes it as effective in battle as a capital dreadnought? Why does Joker bailout without so much as calling you on the radio?

Because they wrote the new ending after the voice actors were done -- which is a stupid reason. Martin Sheen only came in to do his lines in November, at the last possible second for the team to ship it out the door.

Where was the final boss battle? That one slow motion marauder?

No -- they ran out of time and had to remove it. Which is a stupid reason not to have a final fight -- or any fight -- in the last hour of a game with an awesome new combat system.

Instant new DNA that takes five minutes to work, and which is able to spread across the entire galaxy -- all 100,000 light years of it -- in minutes. SPACE MAGIC.

If Shep had jumped on a grenade to save Liara, that would have been "sacrifice". He didn't even ask the space god child a single question before jumping off that ledge -- which is stupid.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 9:09:53 AM PDT
Willis says:
A cheap ripoff ending of Deux Ex while ignoring every detail in three games is not brilliant.

I just can't believe people think this ending is brilliant.

They either haven't played any of the other games, did not read/listen to any of the background information, or are actively ignoring every scene in the ending.

That's fine. Hopefully they stick with the Indoctrination theory so everybody can be 'right' in this situation.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 9:27:03 AM PDT
Kelly Hanna says:
Hey, I wish that I had loved the ending and thought that it was brilliant.

However, I dont intend to buy dlc giving me the indoctrination ending. If it comes out and reviews here state that its the best thing since sliced bread, I'll consider it, but only then. Otherwise Bioware has burned it bridges with me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 12:37:44 PM PDT
Steven says:
You weren't listening.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 12:48:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2012 12:50:22 PM PDT
Rockhardly says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 1:20:46 PM PDT
Steven says:
I don't need to discuss it if there are plenty of posts after his that already explained why he wasn't listening.

And of course I'm not listening to what Mike is saying. I read posts, I don't listen to posts.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 2:40:09 PM PDT
Mike Snyder says:
It's not a matter of not listening; just a miscommunication. I meant that if organics and synthetics were merged, EDI and Joker would have somehow blended together and became just one person. That seemed abundantly silly to me. What actually happened was that organics became partly synthetic and synthetics became partly organic. That wasn't my initial take-away from the discussion, but apparently we're still stuck on an earlier comment where we were on two different proverbial pages.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 2:49:12 PM PDT
What the heck are you smoking?

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 1:01:30 PM PDT
Jason Bean says:
I have to give this discussion heading credit for directly addressing "Those who want a new ending". I think people (on BOTH sides of the argument) are under false assumptions that they speak for all gamers or "the majority" of gamers.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 2:02:28 PM PDT
FsuSwatt says:
its time for a new ending.. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 11:43:01 AM PDT
Jason Bean says:
Or just time to move on.....

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 12:40:21 PM PDT
Probably time to move on. Has there been anymore news regarding the supposed dlc?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 12:56:32 PM PDT
H. Le says:
Still nothing official yet. The latest rumor does not look good for those who want a new ending:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10935247/1

"Daniel Gonzalez, director of marketing and public relations for EA Latin America, says that they will release no DLC with a different ending. There will be a DLC to better explain the details of the ending, but the ending will remain the same.

Regarding the future of the franchise, he declared that ME3 was the end of Shepard but not the end of the game, and promised that news about more DLC would be forthcoming in two weeks' time.

I don't think that leaves an awful lot of room for interpretation. For anyone who was hoping for a different ending and not a clarification of the dreadful current one, it doesn't look good"

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 3:18:11 PM PDT
Actually what I am hoping for his clarification; alot of it. I have always felt that the endings are incomplete. If they would release something that at least better explains them in detail. I would probably be content. There is so many rumors right now and that is what sucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 9:06:39 PM PDT
Jason Bean says:
To be honest I don't know what to believe is the "true" ending. At first I liked that it was left up to interpretation but now people are saying there's this "indoctrinated" theory and that It's the "true ending" which just makes things more confusing. Clarification would be nice, especially if Bioware felt they had a specific direction but at this point I'm ready to move onto another game.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 11:43:11 PM PDT
AndrewA says:
More complete endings would be a nice addition, but if they are just going for clarification, then they are still ignoring all the plot-holes that Starchild's existence created. To be honest though, I don't know how they can make a satisfactory ending without just scrapping the entire Earth final mission and re-doing it. There was literally nothing enjoyable or well done in that mission, but I seriously doubt Bioware would go that far. I want to give Bioware more credit than this, because they gave me two of my top five all-time games (KOTOR and ME1), but I might have to join Jason and give up on this one. All the PR double-talk and theories are starting to really burn me out.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2012 5:19:41 AM PDT
My guess is they release an epilouge DLC, which leaves us with more questions than answers. No way they can release a totaly new ending after so many people already played this game. If they did and charged $$ for it than a high percentage of the people with the game wouldnt buy it. And those 5 guys with no online would be screwed. So basically only a small few would see the new ending.

Like most people I was really expecting a huge battle with harbinger after listening to his big mouth all thru ME2. Hopefully, this post ending DLC isnt a total waste of time and gives us some of the answers we want. Either way I think we're going to be left with this dissapointing ending.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2012 8:21:46 AM PDT
MK37 says:
Yea i was expecting that also. How can Harbinger not be involved in ME3. You hear him talking in the end of ME1 (if i remember correctly) and he is all throughout the second game. Then basically non existent in the 3rd game. So i dont know how they can do a good ending without that being addressed and the relays being destroyed. i guess we will see
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  25
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mass Effect 3 - Xbox 360
Mass Effect 3 - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
3.0 out of 5 stars   (1,809)