Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

on March 18, 2012
I knew very little about the book so I began reading without any preconceived notions or assumptions. I can honestly say I was amazed how intrigued I was by the stories, and then by exercises. I truly felt the exercises brought out areas of my life I need to work on but have buried due to fear. It is a wonderful journey to looking deep inside yourself and having the courage to conquer your fears. I would highly reccomend it to everyone.
on March 16, 2012
I've just finished kindle version of this book.I agree with other reviewers about it's title.It must be ''Lies Your Left Brain Tells You'. Anyway it's thought provoking book.When I was reading,I thinked twice for some parts of book.All in all, it's easy reading book,person's stories make it much more exciting.I haven't used methods which mentioned in this book yet,but I highly recommend this book besides Power up your brain by David Perlmutter's book.
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2012
I am so grateful for reading William A. Donius' book, "Thought Revolution - How to Unlock Your Creative Genius". It is all about doing the work. Eyes facing forward. Making your way to being positive, with new
revelations about oneself. It is your "own" thought revolution that opens the doors. It is beyond a self-help book. I am already a creative person at warp-speed, so this book got into my molecules, shifted things around
in a very positive way. But, you don't need to be a creative to benefit. This book brings me techniques of
"cycles of detox" - a healthy life in thinking. The insight of this book gives you a new "truth" about yourself.
-Kathryn Henneman, Artist
0Comment15 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2012
It seems foolish to imagine that writing the answers to personal-type questions with your left hand (or right hand, i believe, if u happen to be left-handed) can change your way of thinking, but damn if it doesn't work. So simple.
on March 8, 2013
Just stumbled upon your book...

I started writing with my non-dominant hand on a whim several years ago, from a website I found that said it would increase creativity. At the time I didn't realize that it would change my life. I was burnt out at the time, just dropped out of college, drinking and smoking way too much.

But I was a musician and understood that practice is necessary to develop dexterity in any capacity. And I was pretty desperate to change my life.

After just a few hours of non-dom writing, I began to notice a dramatic change in my thought processes. I was making connections between disparate topics and finding unity in most everything (lateral thinking?). I became pretty fixated on these exercises and would write with both hands at the same time, upside down, etc ad nauseum.

A funny aside, at the time I wrote poetry, in rhyme mostly. After writing six or seven pages of text non-dom one night, I found myself thinking and responding to people, purely in rhyme, for two or three days. People thought I had gone mad, and I probably did in a singular sense. So really, these techniques are very powerful.

Anyway, long story short: I own land on a farm now, study higher maths at the college for fun, and spend time with my newborn daughter and wonderful wife. I am really loving the challenges I'm creating in my life. Am I a millionaire? No. Is my life free from challenges or problems? Of course not. I learned from Earl Nightingale that "Man's greatest sense of well being is when he is in the pursuit of a noble ideal/goal." I reckon that the joy I feel in life comes from this.

The creativity I reaped from non-dom writing and applied to life & business served me well. I own a couple businesses on the side (Insurance & Handmade soap) and now try to live meagerly while I work on my engineering degree. Material things are not nearly as important as they once were. This is coming from the child of a trophy wife (:-/).

You seem busy, so I doubt your reply could be as detailed as my intro. I just wanted co-celebrate this wonderful technique and its ability to transform lives.

------

Sorry for the diatribe format. Didn't really intend to publish this. I'm not here to say that this book is good or bad. That is irrelevant for me here. What I am saying is that using non-dom exercises DO work, regardless of what naysayers declare, or even your own self-talk. But reading about a topic will prolong your focus and enthusiasm on it, so in my eyes that makes this a good book.

Were non-dom tech's the sole reason for changing my life? No way, I still had to work my butt off. Such is life. :-)
on March 15, 2012
If human beings are laboratories, this book is an experiment you can do at home. Using ink, paper and your own hand you can write a question such as "Should I believe what my left, or non-dominant, hand writes in response to my question?" There you go--you have the beginnings of a hypothesis! Now take your pen in your dominant hand and write out a question. Give the pen to your left hand and ask it to write an answer. Have fun with the process! Talk about how difficult it is to write with the unpracticed hand! Evaluate the answer your left hand writes and see what you think NOW! Then, for even more fun, find an ambidextrous friend and get them to play.

When you begin to know that all the answers you need are already right there inside of you, it changes your heart and it changes your mind. You might even sit up a little bit straighter in your chair.

Read this book, try the experiment then go do what Columbus did in 1492: Discover a Brand New World!
44 comments11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2013
"Thought Revolution" is a great book in presenting a new way of thinking. By practicing the book's guide to how to tap into the right side of the brain for answers, you will experience amazing insights that can truly change your life. This book is WELL WORTH IT! A quick and easy read that will make you more efficient at solving all of life's problems.
on November 17, 2012
Just read Donius's book, a quick and though-provoking read. It reminded me of the Drawing On The Left (or was it right?!) Side of The Brain that I used to my amazement many years ago. When I drew with my don-dominant hand, the results were far better than my dominant hand, almost photographic.
We all get stuck sometimes, professionally and/or personally, and I think this book offers some tools to move ourselves forward, when our brains may already be far ahead.We are learning so much now about how the brain functions--new and amazing surprises about neurological discovery every day.
Could be a great strategic planning tool for corporations and nonprofits alike, and also for personal growth and individual journey searches--it has definitely made me think.
on May 15, 2012
My wife and I both enjoyed the book. Just as any other skill, you either have to be born with the gifts necessary for that discipline, practice them diligently, or preferably both. Tapping into the creative side of our brains is much easier for some then others; for those of us where it doesn't come so easy this book offers suggestions on how to tap in.
on March 12, 2013
As a "lefty" and naturally creative type, I thought I was already in my "right" brain most of the time. After going through some of the exercises, I realized how much I rely on the logic side of my brain. This book has given me a simple, useful way to get both my creativity and my logical thinking unstuck.