1,505 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Wanted so badly to give it 5 stars...
Published on February 7, 2012 by lnp416

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure torture
Often, I read a story then dwell on it, just to see if my opinion changes (sometimes it does). Didn't happen with this one... Let me tell you why.

Published on January 22, 2012 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Wanted so badly to give it 5 stars..., February 7, 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
Having fallen in love with Jamie McGuire's "Beautiful Disaster" and "Providence" and becoming obsessed with E.L James' Shades of Grey Trilogy, I went into S.C Stephens with incredible excitement. There is nothing better then wonderfully written characters who are finding themselves and eachother through a series of passionate encounters (whether it be sex or argument). Thoughtless certainly did NOT dissapoint!

Stephens wrote characters both main and supporting that were fun and lovable..passionate and likable. I found myself volleying back and forth between who I wanted our heroine (Kiera) to choose in the all inmportant love triangle between her, Denny, and Kellen. I truelly wanted too befriend each and every band member and bar employee. I loved the way both Denny and Kellen not only showed their love for Kiera but they grew from the experience and became stronger men from the experience....

Here in lies the problem (my inablity to give the fifth star). Kiera! In the other books I mentioned previously the heroines, while self-conscious, were strong capible women. They were able to make hard choices and stand behind them.
I read this entire book in love with each of the main characters..just waiting patiently for Kiera to make her all important decision..to show that she was strong and worth what these two incrediable men saw in her...and she didn't..

Kiera's weakiness as a heroine actually ruined what should have been a beautiful ending. Without giving away which amazing man "won" in the end...I can honestly say...I am not sure she deserved either one of them...

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure torture, January 22, 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)

The story had a good premise and the writing style was great. Everyone knows, however, that characters make or break the story. In this case, I could not stand them. I tried to remove spoilers but may have missed a few. Read at your own risk!

The characters:
Keira- the narrator/heroine. I HATE HER!! She's portrayed as an innocent, shy, and sweet girl (in her own thoughts). Except from her actions, she comes across as self-centered, spoiled, and a slut. She sleeps with Denny and Kellan at any given time throughout the whole book and claims she's remorseful but never shows it. Reminds me of when Rhett tells Scarlett she's like the theif that doesn't regret that she stole but that she got caught. Keira, similarily, doesn't regret sleeping with them, just that she loves both and can't choose. I can excuse her sleeping with Kellan the first two times, but when she continues... A few times, she went straight from Kellan's bed to Denny's. Ugh! She never redeems herself. A considerate, honorable, and honest person would have let both go.

Denny- Keira's boyfriend. I liked him until the end, but thought he was too naive. I mean, you're bringing your girlfriend to a guy's house (one who's known for sleeping around) and then basically leaving her there alone. Throughout the story, we're told that they've been together for a few years and he really knows her and understands her. Denny then should have known thst Keira has massive insecuirity issues and might turn to Kellan.

Kellan- The other guy/hero of the story. He is the ONLY character that was redeemable. He was sweet, considerate, generous, understanding. Just an sbsolute sweetheart. I loved that he told her he wasn't going to be her second choice and to move out of his home. I felt for him until he agrees to date her. I wanted him to tell her that even though he hurts and misses her, he can find someone more worthy to be witb than her.

The (quick) plot:
Denny lands a job in Washington and Keira decides to join him because she "loves" him so much and can't be apart from him that long. Be glad she isn't a military wife. So anyway, Denny and Keira move in with his friend, Kellan. Then Denny gets transferred for a while and he does so well at the internship, the firm hires him...for two months outside of Seattle. Keira, of course, can't bear to be apart from him that long so decides to get drunk. Kellan comforts her, and she makes the first move. Denny feels bad and quits the job to come back to her. What ensues is basically Keira cheating on both men because she can't pick one.

The writing style:
It's difficult to master a first-person POV but the author does it well. You can feel the emotions of every person and why they feel/act the way they do. If you're okay with infidelity, this book expresses it well. If not, save your sanity and save your money. Many, many books await.

1.0 out of 5 stars If she blushes one more time I'm going to kick her in the head., August 7, 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Paperback)
Not worth two bucks. If she blushed one more time or if someone chuckled adorably one more time, or if anyone did anything adorably one more time I was going to pick up my kindle and chuck it across the room. UGH!!! Worse writing ever!

1.0 out of 5 stars Please, save your money!!!, April 10, 2012
Lily (EAST ELMHURST, NEW YORK, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
I never wrote reviews of the books I read but I felt compelled to write one for Thoughtless.

I'm halfway through the book and I don't think I can continue reading it because I hate the heroine soooo much!!

Where to start? Kiera is a selfish, immature, sociopathic slut. She is the most unlikable female character that I've ever come across on a book, she makes "Thoughtless" unreadable because her character gets more annoying after every page.

The writing is horrible, the author thinks that she can make Kiera look innocent and cute just because she "blushed deeply" on every page after Kellan said something sexy to her. You get tired of reading on every paragraph how "sexy" Kellan is, what a "hot bod and adorable smile" he has, and how "sexy his messy hair" looks.

I don't understand the 5 star reviews!! Was I reading the same book? Please, save yourself the money, SKIP THIS ONE. I wish I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST MUST READ!!, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
Thoughtless is going straight onto my favorites shelf!! Let me start by saying that I was extremely hesitant to read this book because it had to do with a cheating and I could not imagine how I could fall in love with a story about that. I figured if a couple's relationship started out like that, then it is utimately doomed to fail and who wants to read a depressing story? I was so very wrong!!

This book basically answers one very intriguing question: What do you do when you meet your soul mate, the love of your life, when you are in love with someone else? What would YOU do? I honestly have no idea what I would do in the situation. Especially if the man I am in a relationship with was as wonderful and as perfect as Denny. I will agree with the 'haters' of this book that Keira handles it poorly, as does Kellan bc Denny is really the brother he never had. But seriously people, if you were in this situation, could you honestly say you would handle it differently? It is one of those blow you out of the water scenarios that you have NO IDEA how to handle even if it's happening to you. Keira is naive and immature. She has tethered her entire life's happiness to Denny bc he is her perfect first love. A lot of us made that mistake as young adults. Then, as a circumstance out of their control pulls Keira and Denny apart, along comes Kellan, her soul mate whom she is completely drawn to, and she is thrown for a loop. And poor Kellan has never even come close to being in love, so how can he resist his feelings for Keira? You start off thinking their feelings are purely nothing but physical attraction, but believe me you learn it is so much more than that.

Thoughtless accurately portrays the emotional rollercoaster that you could imagine would ensue from such a complex situation. It is real and honest. You will love and hate both Keira and Kellan. I wanted to strangle both of them multiple times, but I feel that way about myself and other people when dealing with such tense and emotional circumstances. No one is perfect, not even the characters in this story; which I am so happy about bc if they had been perfect what a boring story that would be.

I am so in love with Kellan btw! How could you not be? He is a drop dead gorgeous rock star with an injured past who desperately loves Keira and needs her to love him in return. Hello, that is every girls dream! And the love scenes in this book are so steamy! You felt the connection between Keira and Kellan. It was electrifying!

Bottom line, this is an amazing love story and if you start the book with the question I presented at the beginning of this review in mind, then I promise you will love it. Yes, cheating is wrong, and yes, the characters are flawed, but love will make you do crazy and sometimes impossibly wrong things! Also, believe it or not, the sequel Effortless is even better!

2.0 out of 5 stars Someone please make it stop!, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Paperback)
This book is driving me crazy! Let me start by saying that I am listening to the audio version and not actually reading it. I decided to give my poor eyes a break, glad I did. Keria (is that how she spells it) has the spine of a jelly fish and I find her completely disgusting. She is the weakest female lead that I have read about in probably forever (Anastasia has more backbone) and the other characters do not make up for what she lacks. I'm tired of reading about a guy who looks so good that even after living with him, sleeping with him and hanging out with him on almost a daily basis that every time you see him you lose your breath, you morales and the ability to speak. REALLY!!!??? This girl has a mental problem! She's a big ole cheater and she doest want to tell her boyfriend because she does not want to hurt him, bull - who is she kidding, she just wants her cake and eat it too. Poor Keria it's breaking her heart.... Almost every moment she spends with Kellan is spent doing something that betrays her relationship with Denny (if I hear her whine his name again I'm going to throw-up). The obscene cuddling, neck nibbling, waist pulling, hand holding and ear whispering are not the actions of a woman in love with her boyfriend! I just needed Keria to OWN her dumb decisions, be a woman about it and stop playing the victim.

Lol! I'm not even finished with the book. I'm 4/5 of the way through and I just had to write this review because I'm so upset with it and needed to warn others. Oh and for all those reviews that say this is just as good or similar to 50 Shades of Grey NO IT IS NOT. Do not be fooled, this is closer to Beautiful Distaster but no where near as interesting. I think I'm going to go and write me a book about being a wishy-washy hypocrite with a male character so gorgeous that he blinds anyone that looks at him. It should sell millions.

Normally I am not this harsh, but this book took. Me there, in a bad way.

Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Autumn Review for Thoughtless, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
Summary:
Kiera and boyfriend Denny move out to Seattle for a job opportunity for Denny. Kiera has left her family behind and has transferred universities in order for them to stay together. They rent a room from Denny's childhood friend Kellan Kyle. Kellan is a local music celebrity. He's beautiful, kind, and attractive in every way possible. A job obligation takes Denny to Arizona leaving Kiera behind. During this time, Kiera and Kellan grow closer. Denny is forced to make a career decision, which changes everything for he and Kiera. Needing comfort, Kiera turns to Kellan. One night changes everything.

My Take:
This is a long book, but it reads very fast! Thoughtless was so compelling to me. I immediately fell in love with Kellan, but also had a soft spot for Denny. Kellan has some deep, dark issues that shape who he is as a person, but he is a complete sweetheart. Denny is also so sweet to Kiera. I could see why she would be attracted to both men. Even with Denny's turn of events, the force drawing Kiera and Kellan together would not have been stopped. At some point, something would have happened with them. Even though Kiera made some bad choices, I still really liked her and could relate to her in a lot of ways. I felt bad for her. She had a lot to learn and she really did grow from the experience. There are some gut wrenching moments, there is laughter, there is love, and lots of turmoil. The thing that makes this book and situation seem real is that no one ever wins in a love triangle. Everyone always gets hurt in some way and you truly see the effect on everyone in this book. Now, I'm a big fan of getting a happy ending and it takes a while to get there, but you will. I'm so glad this book was recommended to me. I loved it and haven't stopped thinking about it! The sequel to Thoughtless is called Effortless and is set to be released in eBook format soon. Please go read this book. The writing was impeccable.
[...]

3.0 out of 5 stars Drove me nuts!, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
The main character- Kiera was SO wishy-washy I just wanted to knock some sense in her. She knew she was hurting these guys but couldn't be bothered to do a real gut-check and figure out what to do. The title is very apropos: she was thoughtless. It took too long to come to a resolution and I found myself skimming parts.

I did laugh and cry, and I really liked the two guys but not enough to read the sequel.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful, August 28, 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
I slugged it out and finished this book, but only to find out how it ended...couldn't help myself. This book was ridiculous and maybe more geared to the way younger crowd. Maybe they wouldn't notice that the writing was terrible (very repetitive) and that the scenario was not plausable. The main character (Keira) was as one other reviewer said "whishy washy" and changed her mind every two seconds. Two guys as described in this novel would never put up with that kind of crap in the real world and the scenes that were supposed to be sexy were not. It was torture to pick up this book every night but I just wanted to see if there were one of those times where I felt like the end justified the means. This was not one of them. Did not enjoy this book at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speechless!, December 7, 2011
This review is from: Thoughtless (Paperback)
Wow. Just. Wow. I haven't been this emotionally vested in a book since Beautiful Disaster, nor as physically responsive as when I read the Twilight series the first time (mind you I had a fever of 102 at the time)... I kept wanting to scream at and shake Kiera for wanting the comforts of Denny, which was completely understandable, but when Kellan started back into his "love the one you're with" tendencies I wanted to scream at him. God, it was gut-wrenching. This book felt so very real for me and and I applaud the author on a job well done!

Thoughtless
Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens (Paperback - November 6, 2012)
$15.00 $9.10