Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

"Thousand Falling Stars" is a pleasant alt-pop/rock tune reminiscent of The Postal Service due to Marcus Ashley's up close and personal yet subdued vocal style. Annie Little's contributions to this particular song are almost unnoticeable. It is one of four tunes from Little & Ashley's EP of the same title. It reminds me of music from Grandaddy and early Eels, ...and some other group I can't quite recall. Perhaps some band from the 'Pretty in Pink' or 'Some Kind of Wonderful' soundtracks. More intense guitar work lights up the middle of this track, but otherwise it makes for unobtrusive yet enjoyable background music and a nice addition to an indie-style play list. Not overly memorable but good none-the-less. I'd personally rate it three and a half stars - not a thousand.

~ Kort
on July 27, 2011
It seems our friends at Amazon have a special fondness for Little & Ashley. Last year, they offered us the title track of the EP "Stole My Heart." In December, as part of the "25 Days of Free" promotion, we got "Winter Night." Now Little & Ashley are back, with "Thousand Falling Stars."

There's nothing earthshaking about this song, nothing groundbreaking. It's a nice little pop song, with an electric guitar adding some energy to the breathy, mellow male vocals. Perhaps because it's so very unpretentious, however, I couldn't help liking it - a lot. Or maybe there's just something about the quiet joy of this song that reminds me of that moment when you realize you're falling in love, and anything seems possible. "A thousand falling stars in sight/I'll catch them in my hat tonight/With you/I'll catch the stars with you." It's nothing profound, to be sure, but it brings back fond memories and makes me smile. If you're looking for a pretty song to put you in a good mood, "Thousand Falling Stars" deserves a place on your playlist.
VINE VOICEon October 19, 2011
Not having listened to any of Little and Ashley other than their highly promoted song for the Kindle "Stole My Heart," the duo's music is one of those pop gems. "Thousand Falling Stars" is no different, and has a bit of 80s new wave pop glaring within one's ears with the somewhat whispering vocals and the repetitive chords reminiscent of British pop or one band in particular, New Zealand's Split Enz and their ever so memorable tune "I Got You."

But despite the comparisons to melodies of yesteryear, "Thousand Little Stars" is a poetic romp of romantic bliss for those who enjoy a simple pop song.
VINE VOICEon December 6, 2012
After hearing their Amazon Ad music and falling in love with what they do, I have since bought everything they've put out. I know they have day jobs, but I am waiting for more! In the meantime, this, as all of their albums are pure delight.
VINE VOICEon July 27, 2011
(3 & 1/2 stars)

Listening to this tune, I was first struck by Marcus Ashley's breathy vocal style. He sings almost like he's whispering, which I found a bit distracting. The next thing I noticed was the electric guitar sounds. They're more energetic and loud than I would have expected from the song setting, which is relatively light pop. Anyway, this tune is OK, but it didn't knock me over or anything.
on September 17, 2011
This is a really sweet little song and I have to admit that it's really grown on me. I accidentally put it on my summer loop, and now I just love it- checking out the rest of Little and Ashley's music because of it. Good call with the free release!
on July 29, 2011
I downloaded this song on a whim and very glad I did. I kept hitting replay after hearing it the first time. A great addition to my alternative rock playlist.
on May 3, 2014
I had never heard this song before I downloaded it from Amazon, and it is such a great song! Very cute lyrics, and has a nice melody.
on November 12, 2013
Little & Ashley have a great sound and this is another song that showcases it well. The beat is very catchy.
on July 2, 2013
I liked the music and variety it offered. Very god value for the price and easy to download onto my player.