Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thr33 Ringz (Limited Edition Deluxe Package w/Bonus Audio)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 13, 2008
If you're looking for musical or lyrical hip hop genius, this isn't it. However, T-Pain has figured out the mainstream hip hop formula, and he executes it well on Thr33 Ringz. Yes, T-Pain alters his voice a lot, but since I've come to expect it and it's part of his sound, I didn't find it difficult to get past. The slew of guest artists (Ludacris, Chris Brown, Akon, Kanye West, T.I., etc.) keeps the album interesting. Each of the songs has a bit of the distinct flavor of the guest artist, which helps take away from some of the monotony.

Generally, it's an entertaining listen if you're into the radio-friendly R&B and pop-infused type of hip hop. After my second time through the album, my favorites are Freeze (with Chris Brown), which is a lot of fun, and Chopped & Screwed (with Ludacris), which is characterized by the song title. I was initially surprised by the sample of Eric Clapton's "Change the World" in the similarly titled "Change," but it was appropriately used for the album's requisite "the world has so many issues" track.

I could do without the skits and other spoken parts of the album, but that is a personal preference since I'd rather just hear the music. Also, I'm disappointed that "Can't Believe It" was the first single released. I suppose it makes marketing sense since Lil' Wayne is so popular right now, but he is simply terrible on this track and there are far better songs on the album. All in all, the first half of the album is stronger than the second half, but it's worth the $14 I paid for it at a retail store.
on November 13, 2008
Well i guess i cant really hate on T-Pain anymore. I will be the first one to admit that after his first album, i was hoping he would fall off the face of the earth because it was so terrible. I was calling him a one hit wonder. But now, in November 2008, three years after his debut, and about 2,093 guests verses or hooks later, T-Pain is still on top and doesnt appear to be slowing down. He just knows how to make hits. Period. While the man probably sounds like Ray J without his signature vocoder, he still makes it work and just keeps on churning out hits singles and albums. And honestly, i almost feel guilty for saying this but, Thr33 Ringz is actually a pretty good album lol. For someone who uses a vocoder about 95% of the time, he really made a pretty good album. I mean, this is definetly not your typical R&B album, if you can even call it R&B. But the music is catchy, and some of it is even sexy. The album is FULL of potential hit singles and guest appearance. Unlike his previous albums though, the guest stars are actually good. The one thing that i definetly wish he would have done differently is do a few more songs by himself. He only does three actual tracks by himself. But only two of those songs are actually worth listening to. "Ringleader Man" is a great track where he just pretty much says hes running the game, which in all honesty, he is. And then he comes back with another strippers anthem in "Long Lap Dance", which is currently my favorite track on the album with its grown and sexy feel. And then on "Freeze" with Chris Brown, he trys to recapture the success of "Kiss Kiss" which is very obvious. "Chopped N Screwed" is a sure to be hit with Luda's killer verse and with the sheer danceability of the track. And then on "Therapy", T-Pain tells his woman literally "1234/Get the hell up out my door/5678/I dont need your sex ill masterbate" over this very breezy track with Kanye. Another standout is "Reality Show" with Musiq, and Raheem Devaughn. I really like that he put those two soul singers on this track to add that grown n sexy vibe. Its another track that is just infectious with its catchiness. Like i said, I'm just as surprised as you probably are that T-Pain is still on top, but honestly after Three albums in three years, and a couple hundred hit singles, it really doesnt look like hes going anywhere so we mide as well accept him for what he is, and understand that he is talented. Don't hate! T-Pain do your thang boy!

Grade:
B
on November 12, 2008
This is the first time that I have listened to a T-Pain album. I was very surprised by his work as I was skeptical that I could take a whole album of him singing in his trademark computerized voice. I did not listen to it expecting to hear anything that would clear up the meaning of life, so if you are one of those types this may not be the album for you. However, if you are just loking for some good songs with some nice beats and good production then you should be very pleased with this effort. I in particular like the cuts "Therapy" and "Chopped and Skrewed" as well as the one he did with Ciara. There is only one track out of all of them that I just do not really listen to. I was dissapointed in the marketing that they did with an incomplete album for $10 so make sure you are aware of the upgraded deluxe version as it has 4 additional songs which you will pay extra for. Not much of a bonus as a bonus is free! However I really like the album. Not sure if it's a classic meaning I will have it in rotation over six months from now but it will definitly get a lot of play in my cd player.
on December 4, 2014
T-Pain has been making great music of his ever, as for Thr33 Ringz sort of confusing to name but all the songs I listened to are all good. Specially for the song, Superstar Lady ft. Young Cash got to my mind as my new favorite of his he ever had made.
on November 11, 2008
Ever since T-Pain stepped on the scene with "I'm Sprung" pretty much everything he has done has turned straight to gold. He definitely has the midas touch. Just when you think you're T-Pained out he comes back again and hits you in the head with another hit.

Thr33 Ringz, T-Pain's third album, puts on a definite show. Even though the album was leaked about two weeks early fans should rush to the store to support this man. He can do everything including produce, rap, sing, dance, and basically make it happen. Forget that he uses a vocoder, he still has some singing ability, his rapping is actually above average, and the melodies and grooves he comes up with are as addictive as ever. He also enlists some big name guests to help him in his circus including Mary J. Blige, Ludacris, T.I., Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, Ciara, Kanye West,& Diddy among others. Throughout the album though he never sounds like he's the guest. T-Pain completely steals the show.

Songs such as Blowing Up with Ciara, Freeze ft. Chris Brown, Superstar Lady ft. Young Cash, & It Aint Me ft. T.I. & Akon can really get you moving bringing some fun into the mix. T.I. especially puts a hurting on It Aint Me. T-Pain also gets down on the two singles Chopped N Screwed ft. Ludacris and Can't Believe It with Lil Wayne easily two of the best songs on the cd. Every song is a standout. Long Lap Dance is one of the signature T-Pain strip club jams and Keep Going slows it down and lets TPain show that he can really sing. Change has T-Pain singing with Mary J. Blige and Akon about changing the world and is another excellent song.

This album is an instant classic and the bonus songs (Sweet, Bad Side, Phantom and Distorted) only add to the wonder that is T-Pain. This is undoubtedly one of the best albums of the year up there with T.I.'s Paper Trail, Young Jeezy - The Recession, Devin The Dude - Landing Gear and a few others. Pick this album up ASAP especially if you like TPain or any of the singles...you won't be disappointed.
VINE VOICEon April 22, 2011
I like this CD. I really enjoy TPAIN, and fortunately it has enough tracks that I like so it was worth buying it, I think my favorite track is probably 9 because its a skit and its just really funny. This is a CD im glad i bought and would recommend it to others.
on August 22, 2010
How in god's name does anyone like this? It's pathetic, manufactured, sellout, talentless, tasteless trash. Im sure there will be people that will say oh shut up I like T Payne....well Im sure there are people out there that like aids but that doesn't make it any good. Plus I don't have to hear aids on the radio.
on March 9, 2009
I like the beats, but he talks a lot about strip clubs, etc. Seems to be a real focus on this CD. The music is good, the content leaves a lot to be desired. Not as good as his other CD's where he actually had something to say.
on May 6, 2009
Every couple years or so, an artist comes out and hits big. Whether it was Wyclef ,Lil' Jon, or Akon, they all followed the same path. They were the hot, must have, chart topping, collab artist at the time. And they all have fallen off faster than they arrived. Now its T-Pain's turn.

I never brought a T-Pain album before. When I heard "Can't Believe It" ft Lil' Wayne, I liked it alot. It was the first song I ever really liked from him. I thought here goes T-Pain with another radio hit. Then "Chopped & Screwed" ft Ludacris came out and I liked that too. So I thought T-Pain had finally found his niche. I was convinced that buying his album would not be bad. When I heard that the concept of this album was of a circus, I figured this would be perfect for him since he runs around like a clown anyway. I was wrong. His lyrics are terrible, as on "Therapy Skit" ft. Kanye West, where he mentions masturbating instead of being with a woman. His beats are buffoon-ish. And his guest stars don't make anything better.

T-Pain is the latest hit maker, and unlike his predecessors he is the one with the least talent. He doesn't write good songs. He has terrible beats. And his "auto tune" voice is annoying. What is left? But he is hot right now and has a strong fan base. The best thing for him to do is ride off into the sunset and try not to fall off his horse.
on November 13, 2008
This has to be the most exciting, adrenaline filled album of the year. It'a a circus based album, but T-Pain did it again. If i had 2 rate all the songs, it would go something like this:

1. Welcome to Thr33 Ringz Intro - 10/10
2. Ringleader Man - 10/10
3. Chopped N Skrewed (Feat. Ludacris) - 10/10
4. Take a Ride (Skit) - 10/10 (Funny)
5. Freeze (Feat. Chris Brown) - 10/10
13.Keep Going - 10/10 (Inspirational
14.Superstar Lady - 10/10
15.Change (Feat. Akon & Diddy) - 10/10
16.Digital (Feat. Tay Dizm) - 10/10
17.Karaoke (Feat. DJ Khaled) - 10/10 (Hardcore)
==BONUS TRACKS==
18.Distorted - 8/10
19.Sweet - 8/10
20.Bad Side - 10/10
21.Phantom - 10/10

This album i seriously awesome. That's all i have to say! If you like R&B mixed with Hip-Hop. This album is for You!!!! Even If it isn't Still pick it up. There's al least one song, you're going to like!!