2 star:    (0)
1 star:    (0)

Average Customer Review
Share your thoughts with other customers
Create your own review

The most helpful favorable review
The most helpful critical review

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Bolin just keeps getting better and better!!!
Every town has a legend. For Threadville, it's the story of Snoozy Gallagher, the hotel owner who disappeared thirty years ago with a bag full of stolen jewelry, never to be heard from again. That is, until now--when Snoozy's loot is discovered buried behind Willow Vanderling's embroidery shop In Stitches.

When villagers mysteriously become ill, and a body...
Published 13 months ago by Lori Caswell

versus
0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Too slow paced
To much descriptive time and repeating of things in the story. Could use al little more conversation and more interesting people.
Published 5 months ago by Eleanor M Calvert

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
Most Helpful First | Newest First

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Bolin just keeps getting better and better!!!, June 6, 2013
This review is from: Thread and Buried (A Threadville Mystery) (Mass Market Paperback)
Every town has a legend. For Threadville, it's the story of Snoozy Gallagher, the hotel owner who disappeared thirty years ago with a bag full of stolen jewelry, never to be heard from again. That is, until now--when Snoozy's loot is discovered buried behind Willow Vanderling's embroidery shop In Stitches.

When villagers mysteriously become ill, and a body shrouded in materials from Threadville shops appears in the exact spot where the treasure was--along with two abandoned kittens--Willow needs answers. The random events are too coincidental to be unrelated, but Willow will have to act quickly to unravel the deadly mystery, or she might be the killer's next victim...

I have loved each and every trip to Threadville. Bolin just keeps getting better and better at keeping us In Stitches. This time she pulls out the stops with a village legend that gives us a mystery tangled in another mystery and then some.

All our favorite characters return. Opal, Naomi and Edna are in rare form and the center of a couple of surprises. Clay is doing some work for Willow so he is always around as the almost romance is set to simmer. Haylee continues to help Willow to NOT stay out the investigation and Tally-Ho and Sally-Forth are along on the "walks". Sally even finds some new friends.

This was a book I just could not put down. I was up reading late into the night and then the author left me wanting more. The last chapter, the last line, leaves us with a smile The next installment can't come fast enough for me!
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Good, June 24, 2013
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I really like this series of books because the characters are believable and its fun to read. Of course, the fact that she's an animal lover wins me over every time.

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A Page Turner, September 24, 2013
This is the first book I have read by this author and of this series. It was a real page turner and I will confess I stayed up late last night to finish it because I couldn't put it down. The characters are well developed and believable. The setting is charming. There were spots that were laugh-out-loud funny. I am definitely buying the first two books of this series and will look for the future books. Two thumbs up to the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bolin Keeps on Rolling...., June 23, 2013
This review is from: Thread and Buried (A Threadville Mystery) (Mass Market Paperback)
I simply adore Threadville, a made up town found in Pennsylvania. I adore the people cast there, the simple lifestyle, the stores that make up main street, the climate, I adore everything and would move there but...it is the creation of a brilliant author, Janet Bolin.

Threadville is excited by a thirty year old mystery which has come to light...Snoozy, a notorious bandit of ladies fine jewelry and money has finally been found...on the grounds of the newly restored Lodge. The Lodge is due for it's grand opening and wow, what a mystery to come out. Snoozy isn't in Mexico at all. What about the money and jewels?

Well, our long suffering, but extremely likeable, Willow Vanderling, owner of 'In Stitches,' machine embroidery store, finds out only too quickly, that her backyard is once again a crime scene, only of precious jewelry this time. Where is the Cash?

After another body is found and various crimes occur throughout Threadville, it is obvious that more is going on than a 30yr old murder mystery.

This was a book that had you invested in the story from page one until the excellent ending. I highly recommend buying a copy or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best, June 16, 2013
I love this series which like fine wine, gets better as it goes along. The whole gang is back in the funstastic read that started with a jewelry box with a past that someone in the present will do anything to keep it that way. I love the way the story flows from chapter to chapter as Willow and Haylee, as usual, get involved in the investigation. This is a great story that I could not put down and I look forward to more crime solving in the next book in this charmingly appealing series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!, June 16, 2013
I've read all of the Threadville series since the first one came out. They just keep getting better and better. And that's saying something, since the first one was a pretty darned good story.

If you haven't ready any of the series as yet, I recommend reading them in order for background on the main characters. It does change and progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilting, Embroidery, etc., June 14, 2013
Her latest book in this series about four different gals and their shops was keeping me up at night...I couldn't put it down. Never a dull moment and the ending was great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, June 12, 2013
I really enjoyed book four of this fun cozy series. Willow and her construction worker Clay find a box of jewels buried in her back yard. This starts a new investigation of a crime which happened thirty years prior to this story. As the story unfolds, murder and mayhem ensue.

It was fun following the characters from the other three books. I loved it, Janet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, June 12, 2013
While some series authors seem to lose steam by the third or fourth book involving the same characters, Bolin is an exception. Her latest Threadville book is well written with a tight plot and believable, quirky characters that are endearing to the reader. In this book. a hidden cache of jewels stolen years before is found on Willow's property when the Blueberry cottage is moved to higher ground. Prior to this a skeleton of the former owner of the lodge had been discovered on this same property. And so begins another Threadville tale where Willow tries to find out who had hidden the jewels and who had killed Snoozy so many years ago. A thoughtful aspect to this tale is how Sally Forth finds two kittens near the crime scene and adopts them. For anyone who loves cozy mysteries you won't want to pass this one by. The short chapters. the touches of romance and the characters all work together to make a fine read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Threadville yet., June 12, 2013
By 
Amazon Customer (St. Marys, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I read it in one sitting, couldn't put it down. The characters seem real and interesting. The town is filling in nicely from book to book, all it needs is a friendly coffee shop and I would move there today. Well maybe not, no accessible bigger city. It all seems very real. I like the protagonists and their problems are credible. The story flows smoothly, and carried me along. Can't wait for the next one.

Well done, Janet.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
Most Helpful First | Newest First

Details

Thread and Buried (A Threadville Mystery)
Thread and Buried (A Threadville Mystery) by Janet Bolin (Mass Market Paperback - June 4, 2013)
$7.99 $7.19
In Stock
Add to cart Add to wishlist
Search these reviews only
Rate and Discover Movies
Send us feedback How can we make Amazon Customer Reviews better for you? Let us know here.