Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Every town has a legend. For Threadville, it's the story of Snoozy Gallagher, the hotel owner who disappeared thirty years ago with a bag full of stolen jewelry, never to be heard from again. That is, until now--when Snoozy's loot is discovered buried behind Willow Vanderling's embroidery shop In Stitches.

When villagers mysteriously become ill, and a body shrouded in materials from Threadville shops appears in the exact spot where the treasure was--along with two abandoned kittens--Willow needs answers. The random events are too coincidental to be unrelated, but Willow will have to act quickly to unravel the deadly mystery, or she might be the killer's next victim...

I have loved each and every trip to Threadville. Bolin just keeps getting better and better at keeping us In Stitches. This time she pulls out the stops with a village legend that gives us a mystery tangled in another mystery and then some.

All our favorite characters return. Opal, Naomi and Edna are in rare form and the center of a couple of surprises. Clay is doing some work for Willow so he is always around as the almost romance is set to simmer. Haylee continues to help Willow to NOT stay out the investigation and Tally-Ho and Sally-Forth are along on the "walks". Sally even finds some new friends.

This was a book I just could not put down. I was up reading late into the night and then the author left me wanting more. The last chapter, the last line, leaves us with a smile The next installment can't come fast enough for me!
on June 23, 2013
I simply adore Threadville, a made up town found in Pennsylvania. I adore the people cast there, the simple lifestyle, the stores that make up main street, the climate, I adore everything and would move there but...it is the creation of a brilliant author, Janet Bolin.

Threadville is excited by a thirty year old mystery which has come to light...Snoozy, a notorious bandit of ladies fine jewelry and money has finally been found...on the grounds of the newly restored Lodge. The Lodge is due for it's grand opening and wow, what a mystery to come out. Snoozy isn't in Mexico at all. What about the money and jewels?

Well, our long suffering, but extremely likeable, Willow Vanderling, owner of 'In Stitches,' machine embroidery store, finds out only too quickly, that her backyard is once again a crime scene, only of precious jewelry this time. Where is the Cash?

After another body is found and various crimes occur throughout Threadville, it is obvious that more is going on than a 30yr old murder mystery.

This was a book that had you invested in the story from page one until the excellent ending. I highly recommend buying a copy or two.
on June 12, 2013
I really enjoyed book four of this fun cozy series. Willow and her construction worker Clay find a box of jewels buried in her back yard. This starts a new investigation of a crime which happened thirty years prior to this story. As the story unfolds, murder and mayhem ensue.

It was fun following the characters from the other three books. I loved it, Janet!
on June 16, 2013
I've read all of the Threadville series since the first one came out. They just keep getting better and better. And that's saying something, since the first one was a pretty darned good story.

If you haven't ready any of the series as yet, I recommend reading them in order for background on the main characters. It does change and progress.
on June 12, 2013
While some series authors seem to lose steam by the third or fourth book involving the same characters, Bolin is an exception. Her latest Threadville book is well written with a tight plot and believable, quirky characters that are endearing to the reader. In this book. a hidden cache of jewels stolen years before is found on Willow's property when the Blueberry cottage is moved to higher ground. Prior to this a skeleton of the former owner of the lodge had been discovered on this same property. And so begins another Threadville tale where Willow tries to find out who had hidden the jewels and who had killed Snoozy so many years ago. A thoughtful aspect to this tale is how Sally Forth finds two kittens near the crime scene and adopts them. For anyone who loves cozy mysteries you won't want to pass this one by. The short chapters. the touches of romance and the characters all work together to make a fine read.
on July 3, 2013
This was really a great book. Before I could rate this, I had to go back in my TBR library and start reading the first book in the series, than the second book in the series. They both were good, but this one I could rate it more than a five star. Loved the characters and the ending was happy. Can't wait to see what happens in the next book. Great job, Janet
on July 12, 2014
As a sewer and embroidery enthusiast , I especially enjoyed this series and this book, in particular. All the books are loaded with quirky characters--love the mothers!--and a well plotted story that keeps you intrigued throughout the book.
on June 12, 2013
I read it in one sitting, couldn't put it down. The characters seem real and interesting. The town is filling in nicely from book to book, all it needs is a friendly coffee shop and I would move there today. Well maybe not, no accessible bigger city. It all seems very real. I like the protagonists and their problems are credible. The story flows smoothly, and carried me along. Can't wait for the next one.

Well done, Janet.
on September 6, 2013
Janet Bolin has done an excellent job of capturing the "flavor" of a small town, as well as acknowledging that crime does exist there. I love the trust and friendships that developed. Good plot.
on May 19, 2014
Welcome to Elderberry Bay, otherwise known as Threadville. As you take a drive thru this picturesque town you will notice all the embroidery, fabric and yarn stores. It's a crafters paradise! For local residents it's heaven as they get to introduce new customers to the arts of embroidery, knitting and other crafts everyday. With all these crafts some would think life in Threadville could be a little dull, but Threadville is certainly not dull. In this third adventure, Willow and her friends have not just one but multiple mysteries to solve. First Clay, Willow's very close friend, digs up some old bones, believed to have belonged to Snoozy Gallagher, who is rumored to have stolen the hotel's treasure many years before. Next they uncover the jewels, but no accompanying money. However within a week Threadville has not just one murder but two on their hands. Are they related? Only Willow and her crafty friends will be able to get to the bottom of this!

I'm a crocheter, knitting, embroider, and I love everything to do with crafting. For this reason the Threadville Mysteries are one of my favourite series. They aren't just crocheting or knitting, they are a little of everything and for the multi-project crafters like me that is heavenly! I always love visiting Threadville, not just for the mystery, but for Willow's embroidery hints, and to find out what is happening in the other Threadville stores. This time Janet Bolin throws something fun into the thread mix - with yarn bombing. For those that haven't heard of yarn bombing, its the act of covering everyday objects with a crocheted or knitted creation. For no other reason you should read Thread and Buried to find out what object in Threadville is covered in yarn!

The mystery in Thread and Buried is great fun! After all who doesn't like the idea of buried treasure? The treasure in this instance is filled with diamonds and jewels! As Willow and Haylee piece together the clues, I started to solve the mystery alongside them. As always Willow was always one step ahead of me!!

For fans of this series there is a beautiful side-plot involving Haylee's mom, Opal, that was just beautifully weaved together with the main story. When I read cozy mysteries I feel like I'm part of the town, and Janet Bolin has written these characters so well that I felt the joy and triumphs with Opal and her family in this book.

Thread and Buried was another great instalment in this series and I can't wait to see what is in store for us in Night of the Living Thread.