In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Gift-wrap available.
Add to Cart
FREE Shipping on orders over $35.
Used: Very Good | Details
Sold by monarchbooksusa
Condition: Used: Very Good
Comment: Paperback, Condition: Very Good; light creasing to cover and spine.
Add to Cart
Have one to sell? Sell on Amazon
Flip to back Flip to front
Listen Playing... Paused   You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition.
Learn more
See this image

Thread Count Paperback – January 11, 2006

Amazon Price New from Used from
Paperback
"Please retry"
$14.84
$14.19 $5.01

Frequently Bought Together

Thread Count + In the Palms of Angels + Telling Tales of Dusk
Price for all three: $39.90

Some of these items ship sooner than the others.

Buy the selected items together

Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought

NO_CONTENT_IN_FEATURE

Hero Quick Promo
Browse in Books with Buzz and explore more details on selected titles, including the current pick, "The Good Girl" by Mary Kubica.

Product Details

• Paperback: 132 pages
  • Publisher: AuthorHouse (January 11, 2006)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1420892983
  • ISBN-13: 978-1420892987
  • Product Dimensions: 0.3 x 5.9 x 8.9 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
  • Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,011,220 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Editorial Reviews

From the Author

I am very fond and proud of this first collection of my poems, mostly because it took so much courage for me to publish them, myself, without ever sending the manuscript to a publisher, and none of these poems were published (or sent to!) journals prior to the book's publication. Thread Count was my first step toward my goal of becoming a published poet--and I have to admit, I had no idea what I was doing!  I am amazed at how many copies of Thread Count have been sold to people all over the country.  I never could have imagined it would be so well received!  Since 2006, I've had two manuscripts accepted and published by the wonderful small press, Press 53, (Telling Tales of Dusk, 2009, and In the Palms of Angels, 2011), along with many prestigious authors from around the United States.  My poems have been widely published in many fine journals, and have won multiple awards.  I feel very blessed and grateful for the progression of my professional writing career, and to the people who continue to buy all of my books--but this first collection will always hold a special place in my heart...

About the Author

Thread Count is Terri Kirby Erickson's first collection of poetry, and was published in 2006.  Her latest book, In the Palms of Angels (Press 53) won a Nautilus Silver Award for poetry that "engenders compassion, wisdom, greater understanding, empathy, or passion through the artful use of language," and a Gold Medal for Poetry in the Next Generation Indie Books Awards.

Her second collection, Telling Tales of Dusk, was #23 on the Poetry Foundation's Contemporary Best Sellers list in 2010.

Her work has appeared or is forthcoming in numerous literary journals, anthologies and other publications, including former U.S. Poet Laureate Ted Kooser's American Life in Poetry, the 2013 Poet's Market, The Christian Science Monitor, storySouth, Eclectica, JAMA, the North Carolina Literary Review, Verse Daily, and many others. She has been nominated twice for the Pushcart Prize, and for a Best of the Net Award. Her awards include first place honors from the North Carolina Poetry Society, the Carteret Writers, and the Writers' Ink Guild, and she was one of eleven international winners of the Nazim Hikmet Poetry Prize in 2011.  One of her poems was also a finalist for the Rita Dove Poetry Award.  Please visit her website at terrikirbyerickson.wordpress.com

The cover of Thread Count and her other books, as well, were painted by her uncle, internationally acclaimed artist Stephen White, whose work has been exhibited at MoMA.

More About the Author

A Lake of Light and Clouds (Press 53) is award-winning poet Terri Kirby Erickson's fourth collection of poetry, and was recently launched to an audience of 250 people, including legendary author John Ehle, award-winning actress Rosemary Harris, and Emmy and Pulitzer Prize-winning author and journalist, Ron Powers, who gave the inspiring Introduction to Erickson's reading.

Her third collection, In the Palms of Angels (Press 53) won the Gold Medal for Poetry in the 2012 Next Generation Indie Book Awards. It was also a 2012 Nautilus Silver Award winner for poetry that "engenders compassion, wisdom, greater understanding, empathy, or passion through the artful use of language." And it was one of four Finalists in the 2013 International Book Awards.

Her second collection, Telling Tales of Dusk, was #23 on the Poetry Foundation's Contemporary Best Sellers list in 2010.

Her work has appeared or is forthcoming in numerous literary journals, anthologies and other publications, including Ted Kooser's American Life in Poetry, the 2013 Poet's Market, The Christian Science Monitor, storySouth, Eclectica, JAMA, the North Carolina Literary Review, Verse Daily and many others.

Her awards include first place honors from the North Carolina Poetry Society, the Carteret Writers, Carolina Woman Magazine, and the Writers' Ink Guild, and she was one of eleven international winners of the Nazim Hikmet Poetry Prize in 2011.

The cover of A Lake of Light and Clouds and her other books, as well, were painted by her uncle, internationally acclaimed artist Stephen White, whose work has been exhibited at MoMA.

Please visit her website at www.terrikirbyerickson.com, for more information.

Customer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars
5 star
4 star
3 star
2 star
1 star
See all 9 customer reviews
This book is like a wish come true.
Jenny Lee Bates
I look forward to her next work, in the meantime it is a book i will return to, time and again.
Victoria J. Sievey
It will bring peace and understanding to your soul.
Mark C. Houston

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

4 of 4 people found the following review helpful By Susan Kay on January 29, 2006
Format: Paperback
I just finished savoring the collection of poems by Terri Kriby Erickson and I can enthusiastically say that "Threadcount" will be in my personal library as an all time favorite! I have ordered several copies because those who pick this intriguing collection of poems up from my coffee table refuse to put it back down. This is a book to be savored slowly as the author skillfully weaves a brilliant tapestry of reflection, insight, humor and the vibrancy of her words. I am not an avid fan of most modern poetry because of the sharp, vulgar disconnection and condescension, but the author of this collection transported me back to my childhood in her warm, poignant title piece. She has also managed to excite the mind and soul with many other delicious poems. I will be giving copies of this collection to all of my friends and colleagues because not only is her work beautiful, it is relevant and stunning in its authenticity and accessibility. I think everyone will be able to relate and enjoy this collection and at least one of her poems will resonate so deeply that you will be transfixed by the words on the paper. She paints vivid images for her readers who will readily understand her perspective and she draws you in with warmth and acceptance. You can run your fingers over the words and feel the fabric of the poetry like raw silk. Reading this book of poetry is like a walk through a Thailand silk market-exotic color, delight and creativity are everywhere. Do your soul a favor and purchase a copy-it is a stunningly beautiful experience!
Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful By Mark C. Houston on February 5, 2006
Terri Erickson has captured the very soul of life in this book of poetry. As you read the pages your heart will pound, tears will swell in your eyes, and your mind will reflect on the truth and passion of the experience which you probably have had.... written in those pages. But most of all your soul will embace the book and life again as you realize that many of the emotions of life are written in this amazing book of poems that she has written over a lifetime. This is a book that all should have and read...over and over. It will bring peace and understanding to your soul. Many of us have lost sight of the art of words and poetry. It is here in this book that you will find some of the most beautiful writting available.

Mark Houston MD
Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful By James T. Cardwell on February 17, 2007
Terri Erickson has managed to weave, then wrap the reader in a percale of purest poetry. And like the finer fabrics, she has woven a breathable art... each square inch of highest content, which touches the reader like a slight whisper... brushing the ear and turning the head. The longer "Thread Count" is held, the closer it is held... smooth, touchable, fragile. Sheets of every color, emotional hue, pastels and earthy tones... continental and worldy. Everything about Ms. Erickson's work is balanced... but leaves you spinning. The cover captivates. The body fits the hand and lap. But don't think it's "light" reading. The content... at times weighted, lands in your heart like a brick through your living room window... a brick she has covered in silk. A read that transports you back in time and space, exiting the now. She has thrown a percale sheet out her window, knotted, making a rope to link you with her world. An absolute must!
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful By Fran D. Kiger on June 21, 2006
Reading Thread Count was a magnificent experience. I found myself drifting back to my childhood and musing over times I myself experienced the same feelings but lacked the wherewithal to give those experiences poetic expressions such as Terri Erickson has done. Thread Count evokes feelings ranging from exhilaration to profound understanding of loss whether it be loss of a person we are close to or simply loss of ones own health status. Other poems in the book have the ability to propel you into a totally different world in another country. I often found myself with misty eyes and at other times laughed out loud at the vivid imagery reading this poetry brought to mind. I would highly recommend reading this book and gifting it to those you care about.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful By Ron Ray Repique on November 17, 2006
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
"Thread Count" by Terri Kirby Erickson, is a finely tuned energy force that transcends us to another world. Feel the true flight of poetry, as you are taken over by the imagery invoked in the mastery of her linguistics. Terri's, "Thread Count", has touched many heart's by more than just magical words.

I will always cherish my copy.

I recommend buying more than one to share with family members and friends. If you don't you may be looking for your copy!

TKE, Thank you Repique

Customer Images

Search