• Save: $6.82 (24%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $35.
Only 7 left in stock (more on the way).
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Gift-wrap available.
Add to Cart
Have one to sell? Sell on Amazon
Flip to back Flip to front
Listen Playing... Paused   You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition.
Learn more
See this image

Thread Painting Made Easy Paperback – Illustrated, May 20, 2008

Amazon Price New from Used from
Paperback, Illustrated
"Please retry"
$21.13
$12.00 $8.53

Frequently Bought Together

Thread Painting Made Easy + Thread Painting: Simple Techniques to Add Texture and Dimension + Thread Painting With Style
Price for all three: $62.84

Buy the selected items together

NO_CONTENT_IN_FEATURE

Looking for the Audiobook Edition?
Tell us that you'd like this title to be produced as an audiobook, and we'll alert our colleagues at Audible.com. If you are the author or rights holder, let Audible help you produce the audiobook: Learn more at ACX.com.

Product Details

• Paperback: 112 pages
  • Publisher: American Quilter's Society; Ill edition (May 20, 2008)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1574329502
  • ISBN-13: 978-1574329506
  • Product Dimensions: 0.3 x 8.6 x 10.8 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
  • Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (16 customer reviews)
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #725,902 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Editorial Reviews

Review

Couldn't wait to receive it and it lived up to all my expectations. It is a wonderful new hobby which I am hoping, with the help of this book, to eventually conquer. Very informative and inspiring. -Pamela A. Gaskell

About the Author

Terry has designed and worked embroideries by hand since elementary school. In 1996, she learned free-motion embroidery and has spent the time since developing her techniques and designs so she can create new needlework by machine as beautiful and texturally interesting as work done by hand. She teaches across the country and is known for helping students develop their own style of this very easy form of needlework.

More About the Author

Terry was born an artist. Among her 8 brothers and sisters are artists, musicians, a master carpenter, a fantastic nurse, an adventurer, teachers, cooks, gardeners and singers. Many of these talents overlap in her siblings.
Her mom is an artist and interior designer, her dad was a creative engineer holding patents in the tube mill industry. So, creativity was encouraged in their big noisy home....and Terry could draw.

Terry's fascination with the needle arts started early inspired by her two Grandmothers' gifts. Her Nana would make fantastic Mardi Gras costumes which would end up in the girls' dress up box. Her Grandma Blanche would send accessories which she purchased at flea markets. The fabrics, trims, and beautiful costume jewelry delighted the senses.

Terry began to draw for needlework projects. She learned embroidery, crochet, knitting, macrame', simple weaving, needlepoint, crewel, black work and applique so she could realize her visions in fiber. Each time Terry wanted to make something which required a new technique, she would learn it...usually from books and magazines....but she always created her own designs for the project.

Growing up in the south suburbs of Chicago, Terry could hop a train and spend a whole Saturday wandering around the Chicago Art Institute. She spent one afternoon laying on the floor in front of an old altar covered in gold threads and stumpwork. She decided she would write a needlework book when she grew up. At 51 years old, she realized her dream with the publication of,"Thread Painting Made Easy".

Customer Reviews

4.4 out of 5 stars
5 star
4 star
3 star
2 star
1 star
See all 16 customer reviews
I found this very practical and clear on techniques.
V. H. Carper
I have read from front to back and find myself reading the book over and over...so much to learn and this book will be the one to help you do just that!
Deborah Ring
I bought this book not only because I like thread painting, but because I just loved the design on the cover!
whim

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

43 of 44 people found the following review helpful By Cindy H on January 4, 2009
Format: Paperback
I had the pleasure of taking Terry's class and this book reflects that class perfectly. Her easy-going personality shows in the book and the pictures of examples (I think they're actual size} make it so clear that you can easily tell if you're doing the techniques right. The photos of her work are very impressive and the book is very good quality. I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in beginning thread painting. I fell in love with it early in her class and the book (and DVD) are very easy to follow.
Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
18 of 18 people found the following review helpful By GrandmaG on November 16, 2009
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
The best free-motion embroidery book available. Very helpful with the technique and problem solving on thread and fabric. Excellent examples and how-to's.
Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
35 of 46 people found the following review helpful By Pamela A. Gaskell on June 28, 2008
Couldn't wait to receive it and it lived up to all my expectations. It is a wonderful new hobby which I am hoping, with the help of this book, to eventually conquer. Very informative and inspiring.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful By mary fowler on September 25, 2012
Format: Paperback
Not only did I learn to threadpaint but I learned more about thread and design than I ever knew. The designs are beautiful. The step by step instructions made learning to threadpaint fun. Terry puts the fun back into sewing!
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful By Pam on February 7, 2011
Thread Painting Made Easy by Terry White is a fantastic book. It includes detailed instructions, lots of color photos and step-by-step lessons for anyone who wants to learn how to thread paint on fabric.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful By whim on January 12, 2011
I bought this book not only because I like thread painting, but because I just loved the design on the cover! There are so many more beatiful designs in the book. The author is truly an artist! Lots of great inspiration!

This book is great for both beginners and advanced stitchers. The instructions are clear and well written with lots of diagrams and photos.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful By Julia M. Sandusky on October 24, 2012
I found it inspirational for art and technique. I took a class on her techniques and the book was a great reference point. This is a definite must have for every thread artist library!
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful By Hilda Wareham on May 17, 2011
Thread Painting is something new too me, After reading this Book, and trying some of the Projects, i am now Hooked. I love to Embelish things and this Book is perfect. Thank You.
Hilda

Most Recent Customer Reviews

Search

What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?