Qty:1
$129.12 + $13.25 shipping
In Stock. Sold by Essentra Components (formerly Reid Supply Co.)

Have one to sell? Sell on Amazon
by RSC

Thread-Setter Tool, Assorsted Steel Klik Thread-Serts (1 Each)

2 out of 5 stars 2 customer reviews

Price: $129.12 + $13.25 shipping
Only 6 left in stock.

Specifications for this item
Brand Name RSC
Part Number ALC-39214
Material Type Steel
System of Measurement Inch

Father's Day deals in Tools & Home Improvement

Special Offers and Product Promotions

• Working on a home project? Need some help? Check out Amazon Home Services and get $30 cash back when you book select services. Learn more

Product Details

• Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
  • ASIN: B002JL57C4
  • Average Customer Review: 2.0 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #86,838 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
  • Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here

Product Description

Thread-setter tool with 6-32, 8-32, 10-24, 10-32, 1/4-20, 5/16-18 and 3/8-16 mandrels and nosepieces, wrench and instructions. Contains 10 each of ALC-47910, ALC-47920, ALC-47930, ALC-47940, ALC-47850; 6 each of ALC-47971, ALC-47981. Plastic case.

Customer Questions & Answers

Customer Reviews

5 star
0%
4 star
0%
3 star
50%
2 star
0%
1 star
50%
See both customer reviews
Share your thoughts with other customers

Top Customer Reviews

Verified Purchase
Purchased this kit as an alternative to the well nuts (rubber blind inserts that compress once bolted down) that came with my roof rack. Never used one of these kits, so I didn't know exactly which size would work best for my application. Kit comes with a good selection of nutserts allowing you to experiment. Especially considering the listing does'nt include much information at all regarding required hole size or weight ratings.

After some testing turns out the biggest size, 3/8, was the one that worked for me. Unfortnately the tool has a design flaw with that particular Thread-sert.
A - the hand tool doesn't really have enough leverage to compress the large 3/8 nut (this is not an opinion but an actual statement Marson, the MFG, made when I called tech support).
B - the 3/8 mandrel (threaded rod which pulls into to the tool to achieve the compression) will not fully cycle because the threads are to big and do not allow it to enter the nose of the tool. Had to use a dremel to file down a portion of the threading to allow it to cycle properly.

All in all good tool once you get the hang of it. In hindsight I should have purchased the stand alone tool and a large package of the 3/8 thread-serts. The kit only came with 6 and I needed about 3 times that.
Comment 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
I thought to spend the extra money on an American made tool that would last. After 300-400 rivet nuts, the tool broke and would no longer be usable. When taking the tool apart, I found that it was cast steel just like any china made tool. I called the Alcoa company to try and get some parts or help, and got nowhere. There is a 90 day warranty on this tool! Juast like china made tools. Looks like china wins again for my next rivet nut setting tool.
Comment 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse