Start reading A Thread in the Tangle (Legends of Fyrsta Book 1) on the free Kindle Reading App or on your Kindle in under a minute. Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here.

Deliver to your Kindle or other device

Enter a promotion code
or gift card

Try it free

Sample the beginning of this book for free

Deliver to your Kindle or other device

Anybody can read Kindle books—even without a Kindle device—with the FREE Kindle app for smartphones, tablets and computers.
Sorry, this item is not available in
Image not available for
Color:
Image not available

A Thread in the Tangle (Legends of Fyrsta Book 1) [Kindle Edition]

Sabrina Flynn , Merrily Taylor , Sonja Lodder
4.5 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (74 customer reviews)

Print List Price: $14.99
Kindle Price: $3.99
You Save: $11.00 (73%)

If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle Edition for FREE. Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.

Formats

Amazon Price New from Used from
Kindle Edition $3.99  
Paperback $11.67  
New Fantasy Books
Explore these enticing new books in Fantasy. See more

Book Description

In a shattered realm where gods breathe and battle, sixteen-year-old Isiilde must find her feet among people who both despise and crave her kind. She trembles on a precipice, caught between the lust of men, the greed of kings, and an eternal struggle for dominance. As three powerful kingdoms vie to own her, the fire in her blood awakens, sparking a cataclysm of events that spiral into disaster. A barbarian, a madman, and a timid nymph are all who stand between light and oblivion.

Editorial Reviews

Review

#1 Bestselling Epic Fantasy      

*Contains Mature Subject Matter*

"Flynn's characters are alive, multilayered, and deeply likable." -Annelie Wendeberg, award-winning author of The Devil's Grin

"She (Isiilde) had the perfect mixture of sexuality and innocence that only a woman writer can create." -The Lit B*tch Book Blogger

"An amazing book..." -Indie Author Anonymous

"Isillde is a captivating character..." -Fantascize.com

"A wonderful story." -Hines and Bigham's Literary Tryst

"Flynn managed to combine humor, tension, sadness and magic into a world that I stayed in all night to finish." -Humanity's Darker Side Book Blogger.

"She (Sabrina Flynn) could very well be the next Ursula Le Guin." -Amazon Reviewer

About the Author

Sabrina lives in perpetual fog and sunshine with a rock troll and two crazy imps. She spent her youth trailing after insanity, jumping off bridges, climbing towers, and riding down waterfalls in barrels. After spending fifteen years wrestling giant hounds and battling pint-sized tigers, she now travels everywhere via watery portals leading to anywhere. 

She is a winner of award-winning author Annelie Wendeberg's Sherlock Holmes Fanfiction Contest. And her short story 'Clash of the Books' won first place in NYT bestselling author Laurie R. King's National Library Week Writing Contest.

Product Details

• File Size: 3453 KB
  • Print Length: 461 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00GA3H98W
  • Text-to-Speech: Enabled
  • X-Ray:
  • Word Wise: Not Enabled
  • Lending: Enabled
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #63,052 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
  •  Would you like to give feedback on images?

Customer Reviews

Most Helpful Customer Reviews
22 of 24 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Surprise December 31, 2013
By Jessi
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
As an avid reader who must ALWAYS have a book on hand, I tend to download a lot of free books while waiting on the release of others. I don't always like them and have only recently accepted that it's ok not to finish every book I start since there's a lot of, for lack of a better word, crap out there. I wasn't expecting much when I began "A Thread In the Tangle" but I thought it was a catchy title and the description seemed along the lines of something I could tolerate, if not enjoy. What a wonderful surprise I was in store from the first page throughout.

Sabrina Flynn has created an extremely original tale, a fascinating world, and, most important to me, characters you love and feel as if you know by the the end of the book. The synopsis truly doesn't do it justice, but I'm not sure how a synopsis really could. You just have to read it to understand what a great storyteller Ms. Flynn is. With every line, she paints a picture with words and you imagine yourself going through the experiences along side the characters.

The only complaint I have is the ending is a true cliffhanger and ends a little too abruptly for my liking. I would've like another chapter or two to tie it up a little more, but I suppose this means the next book in the series will grab me from the first page the same as this one did.

As a thirty something year old mother of two, I would advise parents to be aware there is heavy subject matter at times, but nothing a mature teen couldn't read. Probably not for the younger teens, though.
Was this review helpful to you?
8 of 9 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful! November 7, 2013
Format:Kindle Edition
Sabrina Flynn was the finalist of my Kronberg Crimes Writing Competition 2012 - hence I got the opportunity to read A Thread in the Tangle before its publication. I usually prefer thrillers and mysteries, but I did love this book. Flynn's characters are alive, multilayered, and deeply likeable. Her writing style is fluid, and her story had me chewing my fingernails, and feeling oddly scorched at the very end when Marsais and Isiilde... uhm... well. No spoilers for you.
So here I am, impatiently waiting to get my hands on her next book.
Comment | 
12 of 15 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Very engaging characters December 7, 2013
By erich
I am an avid reader of any type of fiction but prefer sci-fi and fantasy. Some of my favorite authors are C. S. Friedman, George R. R. Martin, Timothy Zahn and Richard Matheson. I stumbled upon this book as my wife knows the author. I found it to be very enjoyable with several engaging, unique and interesting characters. I am very much looking forward to the sequel and I wish the author all the best and hope to be reading much more from her in the future.
Comment | 
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Thread had a great hook of a start August 16, 2014
Format:Paperback|Verified Purchase
Finished A Thread in the Tangle last night - at 4:48 am, to be exact. Given that I had a 10:00 appointment, suffice it to say, reaching the finale of the book preempted sleep. Thread had a great hook of a start, and while it slowed afterward, it never dragged, and never once ceased to build speed. It definitely pulled me in the more I read, and while I have heard some readers complain about cliffhangers in books, I am not one of them. I will admit that at first, I thought that the book would be full of fantasy cliches - something that haunts any high fantasy work - but I quickly had to do an about-face on that line of thinking. The wonderful characters and adroit world-building had a lot to do with my "rehabilitation." Brava, Sabrina!
Comment | 
9 of 11 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Best fantasy book I read this year November 10, 2013
I was pleasantly surprised by it. A Thread in the Tangle reminded me of books like The Sword of Shannara and Magic Kingdom for Sale.
It is elegantly written and exceptionally well edited. What do you get when you take seer, a berserker, and a nymph caught between greedy kings, traitorous wizards, and misinformed zealots? A tangle and poor isiilde is the thread everyone wants. Ms Flynn weaves a world that is complete with history and intrigue, picturesque locations and believable character that are fleshed out and complete. My favorite fantasy novel of the year. I can't wait for the next one.
Comment | 
9 of 11 people found the following review helpful
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
The world the author creates is interesting and holds a lot of promise for the series. However, I found there were too many slow and tedious parts to wade through and the plot never really developed. In fact after reading this book I still don't have a good handle on what the plot is; a coming of age of a nymph or the an evil Wise one trying to take over the world, I also did not like the rape and sex scene. I would not recommend this for younger readers.
Comment | 
5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, Draws you in, Page Turner December 27, 2013
For anyone who loves to read, and be drawn in to the plot of a book, this is a must read! I haven't read fantasy in a long time, and was extremely pleased to find this book, recommended by my daughter. The characters have depth and you feel like you are there with them as they go through their trials. Nothing comes easy for the main characters, and you find yourself empathizing with Isilde. I read this on my tablet, and had a hard time putting it down. I flew through the pages and was caught up short when I realized I was at the end. Definitely looking forward to the next book. Ms. Flynn does a fabulous job of weaving the story and making it interesting, making you want to believe in nymphs and berserkers! She has a talent for keeping the pace of the story moving along, and introducing her characters. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys getting away from their hectic day to day existence and escape to a fantasy world for a while.
Comment | 
Most Recent Customer Reviews
2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure how I feel about this book.
I liked the writing but I don't like the constant threat of rape. I'm not sure what purpose this book might be heading towards. To me at this point the story line . . . Is about . Read more
Published 1 day ago by Shh I'm trying to read!
3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Very entertaining story that kept you reading.
Published 5 days ago by Corey Melin
2.0 out of 5 stars Too slow for me
I FOUND THE STORY

I found the story way to slow to to hold my interest
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
4.0 out of 5 stars Characters to care about
While there are some dark plot developments toward the end of the book, I care about the characters enough to want to read the next book in the series to find out what happens to... Read more
Published 1 month ago by W. Irving
5.0 out of 5 stars riveting and epic. .fall in love with personalities and a fantastic...
Riveting and epic...get this book. I fell In love
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
Love love love this series!
Published 1 month ago by kimmykoolbeans
5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible read!! Couldn't put it down!! ...
Incredible read!! Couldn't put it down!!! I want a nymph! Bond me!
Published 1 month ago by Rogue
5.0 out of 5 stars Just read it...you won't regret it.
The best part....Oen, Isiilde, and Marsais....what a trio of misfits who are actually the good guys. A great story that I just can't get enough of.
Published 2 months ago by mondude
5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book
The plot was excellent, the characters were very interesting and you do get attached to them.
I definitely hope that the series continues, I can't wait!
Published 2 months ago by Hubert Comtois
5.0 out of 5 stars Different for sure
This story is quite different from the types I usually read. A bit tedious at times but I will be reading the next book.
Published 2 months ago by Guy Braun
Search Customer Reviews
Search these reviews only

More About the Author

Sabrina lives in perpetual fog and sunshine with a rock troll and two crazy imps. She spent her youth trailing after insanity, jumping off bridges, climbing towers, and riding down waterfalls in barrels. After spending fifteen years wrestling giant hounds and battling pint-sized tigers, she now travels everywhere via watery portals leading to anywhere.

Author of two series: Ravenwood Detective Agency Mysteries and Legends of Fyrsta. She is a winner of bestselling author Annelie Wendeberg's Sherlock Holmes Fanfiction Contest. And her short story 'Clash of the Books' won first place in Laurie R. King's National Library Week Writing Contest.

Connect with me for new release updates:
http://sabrinaflynn.com
https://www.facebook.com/SH.Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/AndRealmsUnknown

What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?

Forums

There are no discussions about this product yet.
Be the first to discuss this product with the community.
Start a new discussion
Topic:
First post:
Prompts for sign-in

Look for Similar Items by Category