Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Three Dog Night - Live with the Tennessee Symphony Orchestra
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on November 17, 2013
NOT 3DN with out Chuck Negron. shame on you guys leaving him as you did. real friend dont do what you guys did. if your reading this, go find Chuck Negron's stuff, its far better. in simple words to 3DN "LIAR"
on December 19, 2003
I don't know how ANY Three Dog Night Fan from the 1970's can say this video is anything other than a big disappointment. Listening to Cory trying to sing "One" and "Easy to Be Hard" was so pitiful it was actually painful to hear. Chuck was such a MAJOR part of this group that "It's just no good any more since he went away!" And actually, he didn't go away. He asked to rejoin the group after he finally kicked his drug addiction nightmare, but the other guys made his re-entry terms so humiliating, that he turned them down. Shame on you, Cory! Shame on you, Danny! What THE THREE OF THEM had was magic--without Chuck, no magic. BTW, Chuck sounds great as a solo act now. True 3DN fans should check him out.
on April 14, 2007
I have seen many bands perform in my time, and back in the late 60's, and 70's, none of them were as good as Three Dog Night. The way the 3 singers harmonized together,no other band could get that good.

I've seen TDN perform many times in the late 60's and 70's, but this was the worse of any band I ever saw. I had to rate this with 1 star to even give it a rating, but it isn't worth 1 star. I don't know what made me think they could be half way decent without Chuck Negron.

This one hit the trash after I watched it. I bought Three Dog Night: Soundstage which shows how talented this band was and can be.
on January 8, 2004
I have been a Dog fan since their debute album. My LP collection has all but "It's A Jungle". I've seen them in concert multiple times. If there's one thing that is certain, without Chuck Negron, Three Dog Night is like a 3-legged dog. Still a good companion, but won't run. Don't get me wrong - Danny and Cory can belt out a tune with the best of them. But Three Dog Night is Danny, Chuck, Cory, Mike, Floyd, Joe (replaced by Jack), and Jimmy. Period! For what it's worth...
on March 2, 2008
I did take note of the caution that the DVD may not be coded for viewing in some parts of the world. However, I thought it was worth a try and unfortunately the gamble did not pay off. Is there any way of getting the correctly encoded DVD's or are some DVD not made for the Australian market? The CD I bought at the same time 35th Anniversary Concert by Three Dog Night plays and is absolutely brilliant. Refer to my review.
on October 17, 2010
Chuck Negron was the voice most people would remember as the voice of the TDN hits, and he isn't here. He sang " Joy To The World ", " Eli's Coming ", " One ", Easy To Be Hard " and many of the other songs people remember them for. Neither Cory Wells nor Danny Hutton have his ballsy tenor and it shows, if you love the original songs. Hopefully, the original band will appear on a DVD, as they were, filmed back in the day. The chances that the original trio will ever appear together are pretty much non-existent. I call this band "One Third Dog Night " because Negron did most of the vocal heavy lifting; far more than his 1/3 share, and these guys were basically his backup singers. This is a weak brew for those of us who remember TDN as they were.
on July 20, 2006
I have been a HUGE TDN fan since "One" and this does not constitute a comeback, rather a death toll. Let's face it, Cory Well's and chuck Negron carried this group through some fantastic vocals and having Cory and a very mediocre Danny Hutton trying to cover Negron's songs just simply DOES NOT WORK. Let's talk about moving on in life. Ok, one new song, otherwise they are still living off of 30 years ago. Pathetic. They should be talented enough (even withut Negron) to come up with some new material. Negron has, why can't they? My advice, skip this piece of junk and get Negron Cd's and his Live DVD. Much better quality, better vocals, and some NEW songs instead of the same old 30 year old stuff. Time to move ahead Cory.... try getting on your knees and begging Negron to come back and lead this group again with his great vocals and interpretations...
on June 4, 2005
one you have to have chuck negron ripp off with out him-at least if it was cory wells and chuck negron the two singers . dont throw your money out the window - if you what some thing new look into chuck negron or cory wells solo cd's