A revolutionary approach to becoming a world-class leader and delivering record growth and profits
How important is your leadership financial style to your company's success? What are the personal financial traits that make for a world-class business leader, and are they universal? To what extent does your personal financial style influence your company's financial performance?
The 3 Financial Styles of Very Successful Leaders gives the answers to these and other questions of critical interest to senior managers and executives. More important, it describes a revolutionary approach to becoming a more effective leader and to leading your company to record profits and growth.
Nationally acclaimed leadership expert and executive coach Ted Prince introduces the breakthrough concept of the "financial signature," a set of personal financial traits that inform every leader's decision making. Drawing upon his groundbreaking research into the behaviors of more than 130 corporate heads, as well as his two decades as a CEO and member of more than twenty corporate boards, he:
- Identifies the nine financial missions, including Venture Capitalist, Buccaneer, Discounter, Arbitrageur, and Conglomerator
- Provides fascinating examples of each type of financial style, including Steve Jobs, Lou Gerstner, Pierre Omidyar, Sam Walton, Bill Gates, and Sandy Weill
- Uses insightful case studies to illustrate the key role financial signature has played in many of the business world's most sensational successes and failures
- Arms you with self-assessments and other powerful tools to identify your financial signature and shape strategies to take utmost advantage of your strengths
In The 3 Financial Styles of Very Successful Leaders, nationally renowned executive coach and leadership expert Ted Prince delivers a proven, research-based approach to sharpening the core leadership skills that will drive your company to record profits and growth.
Prince, a former CEO with twenty years' experience in both the public and private sectors and the founder of the prestigious Perth Leadership Institute, introduces the concept of "financial signature"--a set of innate personal financial traits as fundamental to a leader's style as more familiar psychological factors such as aggressiveness and risk taking. He draws upon his groundbreaking research into the leadership styles of more than 130 corporate heads to show how a leader's financial signature informs every aspect of his company's financial and valuation performance as much as product, market, strategy, technology, and other key internal and external factors do. He identifies nine distinct financial signatures and their missions--Venture Capitalist, Profiteer, Buccaneer, Conglomerator, Consolidator, Arbitrageur, Mercantilist, Trader, and Discounterand explains how they ultimately can be reduced to the three major financial styles, Surplus, Deficit, and Puzzler.
With the help of fascinating and instructive case histories, he explores the impact various leaders' financial signatures have had on their companies' fortunes. Through the examples of Venture Capitalists such as Steve Jobs and Paul Allen; Buccaneers, including Bill Gates and Sandy Weill; and Discounters such as Sam Walton, he reveals how a leader's financial signature can work to make or break a company, depending on how well it aligns with the company's needs and culture.
Based on the author's extremely popular leadership seminars and workshops, The 3 Financial Styles of Very Successful Leaders supplies you with an array of self-assessments and other powerful tools to help you:
- Identify your financial signature and how it affects your firm's financial performance and valuation
- Understand how your financial style shapes your company's mission and affects its performance
- Tailor organizational strategies best suited to your financial signature to boost your company's growth and profits
- Hire managers whose financial styles are best suited to your company's culture and current financial needs
- Choose the best company to work for based on your financial signature
A valuable resource for top executives who want to hone their leadership skills, as well as senior managers on the fast track to the executive suite, The 3 Financial Styles of Very Successful Leaders arms you with the insights and tools you need to become a world-class leader who achieves stellar profits and financial performance.