Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 12, 2005
EXCELLENT BOOK! I am a success coach and hypnotherapist who specializes in helping people to realize success, prosperity and abundance. This book along with "Think & Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill and "The Magic of Believing" by Bristol are on my list of must reads for every client.

Andersen talks about taping into your intuition and creativity by connecting with God, the universal mind, using meditation and hypnosis. The book includes: universal laws; the power of the subconsious mind; how to tap into the universal consciousness through meditation - (the Meditations at the end of each chapter are superb and can be used as hypnotic suggestions) and how your thoughts create your reality.

The beauty of this book is in how clearly it is written and how well organized his thoughts are. He was obviously a knowledeable metaphysician (he refers to Ernest Holmes, Alice Bailey, Annie Besant, Emmett Fox) and quotes many Biblical passages...but instead of overcomplicating metaphysical principles and making mastery seem too difficult he communicates in a direct and straight forward manner.

You can't go wrong buying this book, it is really a gem.
1212 comments|262 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 28, 2005
I am so very pleased that so many people have read and have praised this metaphysical classic. This is one of the first few books that I was exposed to when I first began my "search" for deeper Truths and it is one of a few books that I return to time and time again when I need a reminder that my life begins with me and that my reality is just whatever I think it is.

There are so many spiritual books on the market today, but despite their glossy covers and how many weeks they may have made the bestseller lists, I still find them hard to compete with this beauty of a book. I mean, every paragraph is loaded with brilliance. I remember when I first decided to read it, I took the number of pages and divided it by 30 (the amount of days that I wanted to be "through" with it) and I read the first few paragraphs and thought to myself, "Whoa..." And I just spent a few days' alone thinking and journaling about those first few paragraphs and what they meant to me. I continue to get fresh ideas and new insights from this amazing book. Like one reader mentioned, my book, too, has numerous colors of ink underling and re-underlining certain key phrases...but that's the beauty of Truth; if you're not getting excited about it again and again and again, you're not gettin' it. The meditations, alone, are worth the price of the book!

I wish I could come across a biography on the U.S. Andersen, the man who wrote this book. My copy had a picture of him. He was a big man with very intense looking eyes and I felt like I knew him from somewhere. It just goes to show you that even without personally knowing someone, we always know others on a deep soul-level. He truly is one of my spiritual heroes.

This is a book that I definitely recommend to fellow "Truth Seekers" but I never lend out my copy to anyone. It would be like loaning out my kid. It's just something too dear to part with for even a moment. When I finally die and I am cremated, I want this book to be tossed into the fire with me so we can burn in the purifying fires together as one. If you are seeking something deep, meaningful, and incredibly mind altering you need to invest a little bit of your pocket money and buy this book because it really will provide you with years of inner joy and soul fulfillment.

May your path be blessed with Love & Light.

P.S. Mr. Andersen's other books are definitely not shabby, either!
1414 comments|273 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 1999
I've read many spiritual and "self-help" books over the years and none has changed my life as much as this one. The sections on the proper use of the will and the true definition of faith freed me to experience so much abundance in my life and the fullfillment of many dreams that I had almost given up on. I will train my children using this book and advise every parent to do the same.
0Comment|142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2002
I've read them all, listened to them all, and seen many live. But U.S. Anderson's philosophy is the pinnacle in metaphyical studies. Very similar to the work of Ernest Holmes, the Science of Mind founder (Do not confuse with Scientology, they're apples and oranges). Each chapter builds on itself as you beg to know the 3 magic words. He doesn't reveal them 'til the end, but you'll most likely figure it out somewhere along the way. There are meditations at the end of each chapter as well. With no disrespect to Chopra and Dyer, (whom I love), they scratch the surface, where Anderson brings you to the core. This is very deep stuff, but once you get it...fireworks will go off over your head, not a lightbulb. If you practice these principals with massive faith, your life will have no choice but to change for the better. You cannot stop it. I said it was the bible, because you will highlight and pull quotes from it every single day. Simply awesome.
Let me also add that if you couple this belief system with Effortless Prosperity - a life changing book written by Bijan Anjomi, the rest of your days will be enriched a thousand fold.
11 comment|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2004
I first read this book in 1987. A friend gave me this book when I was in a deep depression, actually seeing myself in a glass coffin with dirt falling on me. I felt so hopeless and so very lost and alone at that point, I even contimplated suicide.

This friend also encouraged me to record a tape of all the meditations that are at the end of each chapter and play it back to myself each night. After all, who is the person each of us REALLY listens to?....ourselves, of course! I spoke slowly and distictly, in a soft tone and recorded all 12 meditations on one tape. I made the tape after completing the book which only took a day and a half to read, it was like manna from heaven....literally. I played this tape each night on "continuous playback" for myself, letting it fill my mind all night long with its truth and power.

The long and short of it my friends, is that I drew to me the love my life within 2 weeks and married him 90 days later. I drew to me prosperity and an abundance of love, health and peace seemingly overnight. Plugging into the Universal Mind is all one needs to do to achieve a wonderful life. Yes, it takes a commitment of will and after reading this book, you will see that your path is lighted with the first step. Take it now, order one today and you, too, will be transformed...for this book will awaken your spirit and you will undoubtedly remember who you really are! Namaste.
11 comment|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
I LOVE this BOOK!!! In fact, I think this is my favorite book to read when I want to re-center and reconnect and remember that thoughts make things and we create our reality. And I love giving this book as a gift to people who are looking for a change in their lives or wanting to grow.

BUT, this new publishing of Three Magic Words is so full of typos it is embarrassing. The large shape of the book makes it hard to hold and read and the typos really diminish the powerful intelligence and divinity that the words contain.

I suggest any buyers try to find an earlier publishing of this book, before amazon and createspace got it's paws on it, so that you are not distracted by the amateurish print job.
66 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 1999
My dad gave me this book when I was 13, and our family was just getting ready for our first major move. That was in 1966. I read the book with great interest, and in some ways it seemed to be like an initiation to my first active pursuit of spiritual things. I read the book several times in the four years I had it, before it was lost when I was 17, and there were subtle shifts in my understanding over those years. Over the many years since then, I've gone through periods where I've either appreciated or depreciated the book, but as time passes, I have become more and more sure in my belief that this book has something important to say... something that, among all the many religious, spiritual, philosophical and metaphysical books I've read over the years, it stands alone in making some of its main points clearly known.
Another more famous book by a more famous author (Alan Watts), "The Book : On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are", also touches on some of the things "Three Magic Words" gets into, but "Three Magic Words" is bolder, and seems to take the "taboo" more in its stride. That being said, "The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are" (which is more readilly available) actually makes a good companion volume for "Three Magic Words". I recommend them both.
There's no doubt about it, as far as I'm concerned, "Three Magic Words" is the kind of book people will either love or hate. I have just recently come across the it again, and I feel very fortunate that I am getting to read this material now, after such a varied course in learning. It is much easier now to recognize that the author offers this information out of love, and, although it may be presented in a way that can overcome the spirit and possibly cause some trepidation, I think the reader might be encouraged by these words from the Beatles: "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together". "Three Magic Words" will show you some things about God and yourself and life. If your heart is open to it, you can find the power of positive change within its pages.
on August 23, 1998
Once you learn the 3 magic words, and how to use them, you'll have the power to create anything you want in life. I've given lectures on success and have credited this book as being in the top 3 most influential works in my spritual, mental as well as financial growth! I recommend this book to just about EVERYONE I meet, and in the "Millionaire University Booklist" on my website!
on October 24, 1999
I am an entertainer. I read my first copy of Three Magic Words when I was 22 years old and I've never stopped reading and learning from it. Now I am 40. This book has given meaning to my whole existence because it has taught me that life is a beautiful and fantastic journey that we have all chosen to make. Whatever mistakes we make are all a part of a perfect plan to lead us forward on our journey towards our oneness with God. We are so dearly loved! We are truly free!
VINE VOICEon September 7, 2006
In the pages of Three Magic Words, formerly called The Key to Power, you will learn of the unlimited power that is yours. You will learn how you can turn this power to work for you, here on earth, to make your life majestic and overflowing with good. Three Magic Words is not a religion or a sect or a society. In its entirety it is a series of essays aimed at revealing to you your power over all things. You will learn that there is only one mover in all creation and that mover is thought. You will learn that there is only one creator and that creator is the Universal Subconscious Mind, or God. You will learn that this creator creates for you exactly what you think, and you will be shown how you can control your thoughts, not only to obtain answers to your problems but to create in your experience exactly what you desire.

You will not do this in a day or a week or even a month; but do it you will if you keep heart and keep faith. It requires only a few minutes of your time each day, a few minutes that will reward you with greater vistas in life, greater hope and promise than has ever been dreamed.

There is a cause! There is a reason! There is a power greater than you are, which you are a part of, which you can use to make your life good and great and vigorous and full of abundance.

--- excerpt from book's Foreword