Have one to sell?
Three O'Clock Merrian Webster Time
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
By the time 1966 ended, many of the groups in Texas who started out playing British Invasion and folk-rock music, were now immersing themselves in the newly emerging psychedelic music. The five groups that comprise this album reflect the changes that occurred during this period and four of them even changed their names to sound more psychedelic. The Nomads became Smoke, Carrols Mood became The Sights And Sounds, The New Imperials became The Front Page News, and The Boys became The Remaining Few. Represented by twelve tracks on this album, The Nomads/Smoke, started out playing folk-rock music, but by 1967 went psychedelic-as witnessed by their 'freak-out' version of My Little Red Book replete with backwards tapes. 'Carrols Mood' went from singing ballads to surreal songs such as Mystical Bells. The Front Page News went from the soul of Baby Let Me Bang Your Box to the fuzz drenched Thoughts and Afterthoughts. If the 13th Floor Elevators were the epitome of what a Texas psychedelic band was, then the groups on this album were not far behind in trying to emulate that state of existence. Here then are twenty-two tracks compiling the changes that occurred from late 1966 to 1968, when the Texas bands went metaphorically speaking from 'Kool-Aid' to 'Electric Kool-Aid Acid'.
1. What You're Doing to Me - Carrols Mood
2. Out She Goes - Carrols Mood
3. I'll Be There - The Nomads
4. I Walk Alone - The Nomads
5. Thoughts - The Front Page News
6. My Little Red Book - The Nomads
7. Situations - The Nomads
8. Three O'clock Merrian Webster Time - The Nomads
9. The New Generation - The Rebellers
10. Mainstream - Smoke
11. Church House Blues - Smoke
12. Painted Air - The Remaining Few
13. In The Morning - The Remaining Few
14. Mystical Bells - The Sights and Sounds
15. You Keep Me Hangin' On - The Sights and Sounds
16. I Walk Alone - Carrols Mood
17. Three O'clock Merrian Webster Time-take 1- The Nomads
18. Three O'clock Merrian Webster Time-take 2 - The Nomads
19. Three O'clock Merrian Webster Time-take 3 - The Nomads
20. Three O'clock Merrian Webster Time-take 4 - The Nomads
21. My Little Red Book (alternate mix) - The Nomads
22. Out She Goes - The Sights And Sounds
Top Customer Reviews
By M.-LA on August 6, 2013
Format: Audio CD Verified PurchaseComment Sending feedback...
Mostly The Nomads, and not the excellent 80's European Garage Band. I have a number of these cuts on the Collectiables OOP TX series.They sound better here.
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
There are no discussions about this product yet.
Be the first to discuss this product with the community.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Amazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers. Learn more
This item: Three O'Clock Merrian Webster Time
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com