5.0 out of 5 stars I Was So Entertained!
This has to be the most enjoyable book I have read this summer. I had never read Evanovich before. I came across this book while strolling through a "Message Board" from Kelly Rippa's book club (Regis and Kelly Show). Someone had mentioned it and I'm so glad that I picked it up.
In all three books there are colorful chartacters starting with Joe...
Published on August 11, 2002 by Teri Adams

3.0 out of 5 stars three plums in one
If you want the gist of the books these are the way to go considering they are an ABRIDGED copy. The reader Lori Petty does an alright job. unfourtnaly I would recommend the unabridged read by either C.J Critt or Lorelei King they do a supuerb job where Petty is lacking
Published on June 18, 2006 by T.Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars I Was So Entertained!, August 11, 2002
Teri Adams (Laguna Niguel, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Three Plums In One: One for the Money, Two for the Dough, Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum Novels) (Hardcover)
In all three books there are colorful chartacters starting with Joe Morrelli, Ranger, Grandma Mazur and Lula. Stephanie Plum the main chartacter is a delight to follow as she takes on a new job as a bounty hunter.
I can't say that the series is particularly suspenseful OR that it is not predictable BUT I can promise that you will find yourself pulled in ... and along for the ride. In all three books I found myself laughing out loud ... even in the middle of the night ...and wishing there was someone I could share the storyline with. If you like a fast read, good writing and a lot of laughs ... This is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The First Three Stephanie Plum books in One!, July 26, 2001
Andy Edie (Kansas City, Missouri) - See all my reviews
In 'Three Plums in One' you get the first three books in the Stephanie Plum series, 'One for the Money', 'Two for the Dough' and 'Three to Get Deadly'. Evanovich has created one of the most endearing, hilarious and completely entertaining characters to populate any genre of fiction you could hope to read in your lifetime.
Stephanie Plum is an out-of-work lingerie buyer who falls into bounty hunting through a combination of a family acquaintance and a pressing need for food, shelter and neon shades of makeup. When you think of a Bounty Hunter you think of a smart, cunning, confident law-enforcement type, but after you meet her, you will think "Oxymoron" whenever you hear the phrase "Stephanie Plum, Bounty Hunter."
Stephanie bungles her way through several fugitive apprehensions, as well as a rocky, quasi-romantic relationship, all the while giving us all the hilarious details in her frank, rambling narrative. Joe Morelli, a Trenton, New Jersey vice cop, plays Tracy to Stephanie's Hepburn, and Evanovich will have you in tears with her talent for writing the sardonic and sarcastic dialogue that takes place between these two.
Each episode has an underlying mystery to solve, but soon after you start reading you will discover that no matter what Stephanie is describing in her narrative, you would happily read along, much in the same way you would listening to a master storyteller describe a root canal.
'Three Plums in One' is a fast, sometimes suspenseful and often (very often) hilarious read. The three novels run together seamlessly, creating a sense of continuity that will have you thinking it was written as one novel, and then divided.
Read this book now. You will not be sorry. And, just for fun, count the cars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great place for newbies to start, April 2, 2002
I've already written reviews for these three books individually so I wont repeat myself here....much. Suffice it to say that if you havent read any of the Stephanie Plum books but would like to start, this collection is perfect for you.
In short, ONE FOR THE MONEY & THREE TO GET DEADLY are wonderfully hilarious. The second book, TWO FOR THE DOUGH, is okay but falls short in its humour and action content.
The Stephanie Plum series is in its eight book now and probably will last another eight. Read this collection of the first three books that started the craze.
Before the series goes stale.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book!!, December 31, 2001
Kelly Reed (Milton, WI USA) - See all my reviews
I just finished Three Plums in One - what a great book! I'm surprised I haven't read this series before now as I have read all of Sue Grafton's. I must say this is one of the very few books that has made be laugh out loud - my 7 yr old son said "Mom, what's so funny?" The image in my mind of Stephanie's grandmother just makes my laugh - imagine her dressed in Doc Martins, flannel shirt, and jeans! I also like the scene in the third book when Lulu and Stephanie are chasing Mo with a dead body on top of his car and if flys off onto Lulu's hood!! I have just bought all the remaining books in the series and can't wait to start reading!!

5.0 out of 5 stars O boy!...it'll make your stomach muscles hurt!, January 17, 2005
I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE the series! The author does an amazing job too! I laughed so much, I never read a funnier book. The story is great, the charachters are sexy, and I got 3 of my friends hooked on the series. Its just something you have to try, if you like it, you'll be hooked, and if not, then you're missing out on a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars From a former "Jersey Girl", September 29, 2004
Being from NJ, these stories really hit home!! Stephanie Plum is the epidomy of the big hair, spandex clad, hockey shirt wearing girl from my past!! She is hilarious. I agree with the other reviewers that these are those types of books that you can't seem to put down. I have been able to read each book in 3-4 days. Definitely worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Summer Reading, July 29, 2002
By A Customer
I enjoy an "easy read" in the summer and this author came through for me. I actually found myself laughing at some of the hard-to-believe antics. After reading these first three in the series one right after another, I will buy the rest of her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta Read!, August 20, 2001
T. Taylor (Marietta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought "Three Plums in One" to get me started on Stephanie Plum and I read the entire thing in one weekend. My husband thought I'd lost my mind when he kept hearing me cracking up laughing while reading these stories. I just ordered all the rest and I know I'm going to be totally disappointed when I finish Seven Up and have to wait for number 8!

4.0 out of 5 stars Praise for Lori Petty, July 16, 2004
Kurt Conner (South Hadley, MA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Other reviews have done a great job analyzing the content of these delightful little books, but I was introduced to Stephanie Plum on CD during a road trip (that went through Jersey, which made the books that much better). I have to attract attention to Lori Petty's fantastic reading. Her hooker voice made me laugh over and over, and she does a great job of developing distinctive voices for all the other characters as well. The tone is perfect, she's totally clear on every word, and she really does add another level of enjoyment to the experience of listening to these books on CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars You are going to LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!, November 17, 2004
This was a wonderful 3-in-1 book!! It was cheaper then buying each of the three books. I heard that these books are in the works of possibly becoming movies!!! I sure hope so!! The grandmother is quite a riot! While you can usually figure out the plot the book is still worth every bit! Almost every page you turn has something for you to laugh about. There is even moments of suspense!!! I highly recommend this book. Wish I could be a bounty hunter!! Hee heeee

$28.00 $20.38