5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any kitchen!!, January 8, 2001
cwspirit (Tucson, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Three Rivers Cookbook I (Plastic Comb)
My mother has owned a copy of the original "Three Rivers" Cookbook, since we lived in Indiana in the early 1970s. I find myself constantly calling her and asking for recipes. Some of my favorite recipes in the cookbook include sugar cookies and bon bons. The sugar cookie recipe is the best cookie recipe I have ever used -- great for holiday cookies; and, the bon bons are extremely tasty!! Thanks to Amazon.com, I am able to get a new copy of the original for myself and a new copy for my mom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and tasty., March 13, 1999
lanny@rocketmail.com (Maryland, I came from Indonesia.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Three Rivers Cookbook I (Plastic Comb)
A neighbour gave me this book when I just moved to US. I have used different recipies from this cookbook and I have gotten many compliments from my guest. Now I am getting this cookbook for my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book got me hooked, December 6, 1998
This review is from: Three Rivers Cookbook I (Plastic Comb)
I received this cookbook as a child. It was a gift from my aunt who lived in Pittsburg at the time. She also sent me Volume II. These were the first cookbooks that were my very own as a little girl and I'd have to say that they really got me interested in cooking "like a grown-up." These books with their clear and simple directions helped me make the jump from cooking with store-bought mixes to cooking from scratch. I especially love the fudgy brownie recipe and the zucchini bread recipe. I would definitely recommend the Three Rivers Cookbooks. My copies are well used to this day.

5.0 out of 5 stars One cookbook I can't live without!, July 14, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Three Rivers Cookbook I (Plastic Comb)
Don't be fooled by the publication date, this is a timeless cookbook filled with wonderful recipes. The Mexicali Stack-Up is great for a crowd or for kids and the Thumbprint Cookies are addictive!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Timeless Classic in Cookbooks, October 3, 2009
Terry (Pittsburgh, Pa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Three Rivers Cookbook I (Plastic Comb)
This is a cookbook that everyone should have on their shelves. I have used this cookbook many times since I was on my own and married (twice) since 1977. The recipes in this cookbook are easy and very tasty. My favorite is the Cheesecake recipe. The cheesecake tastes better and is much fluffier than those from The Cheesecake Factory. This is a cookbook that can be handed down from generation to generation with its timeless recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE BEST, August 6, 2009
This review is from: Three Rivers Cookbook I (Plastic Comb)
There are 3 Three Rivers cookbooks, but this, the first one, has some of our families favorite recipes. It would make a very good bridal shower gift or housewarming gift especially for someone who was relocated to THE CITY OF CHAMPIONS!
it is one of my favorite cookbooks. Get one, you will not be disappointed

Sincerely,

Pittsburgh native

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cookbook I've ever used, January 15, 2010
This review is from: Three Rivers Cookbook I (Plastic Comb)
I first bought this cookbook in the 1970's to use when I started my new job in Baltimore MD. As a Pgh native I loved its reminders of home but, most of all, found recipes I've been using ever since: lemon squares, crab-spinach souffle (very easy and wonderful), veal dishes are among my favorites.

I "sold" quite a few copies to my Baltimore friends and have given others as gifts.

There are 4 volumes out now (2010) but Volume 1 is my favorite.

Do buy it used or new.

5.0 out of 5 stars An old favorite!, March 18, 2011
This review is from: Three Rivers Cookbook I (Plastic Comb)
My old Three Rivers fell apart after 35+ years of frequent use. I have many cookbooks, but this remains a family favorite. There are so many basic yet delicious recipes within the book. You can't go wrong buying this wonderful go-to cookbook! Like a fine wine, it only gets better with age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes, June 9, 2013
This review is from: Three Rivers Cookbook I (Plastic Comb)
I have always enjoyed this cookbook. I've had a copy for 40 years but the spine broke long ago and the book has survived being bound by rubber bands, so I'm thrilled to have a new one. This has been one of my favorites for all of these years, since most recipes are are not found in other books and are not overly complicated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Memories, October 12, 2012
This review is from: Three Rivers Cookbook I (Plastic Comb)
Living in the fair state of PA when I was a child, I remember my mom and aunt cooking a lot of these recipes. Now I cook them for my Mid-west husband and kids and they love them. I encourage anyone looking for down home cooking, this cook book is for you.

Three Rivers Cookbook I
Three Rivers Cookbook I by Norma Sproull (Plastic Comb - June 1973)
Used & New from: $4.51