4.0 out of 5 stars Very good except for anti-glare
Good:
- The protector is semi-rigid which (1) made it much easier to install w/out air bubbles and (2) seems like it will protect the screen very well.
- Easy to install once you realize which layer is which. Not super sticky, so can be pulled up and repositioned half way through installation if you get the alignment off.
- Been using it for about two...
Published on March 12, 2010 by NC

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Opinion
Published on June 21, 2010 by D. Tuma

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good except for anti-glare, March 12, 2010
This review is from: Three LCD Screen Guards / Protectors for HTC Google Nexus One (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Good:
- Been using it for about two weeks now and cannot even tell it's there
- No noticeable difference in the capacitive touch screen.
- Good fit
- finger prints are not as noticable

Bad:
- There is really no anti-glare feature at all. The screen is nearly as glossy as before.
- A little tricky to peal off the top layer after installation and I ended up pulling off the whole thing. I couldn't tell at first if the main protector was the rigid piece or the top-most layer. Note that the top layer is very thin and not rigid like the protector itself.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Opinion, June 21, 2010
Some of the earlier reviewers have stated that this screen creates a pixellated effect, separating the colors. I believe these individuals may have missed one of the steps in the installation process. Specifically, you must peel off the back and stick the screen in place; then once it is in place, there is a SECOND layer of protective plastic that you must peel off the top surface. If you don't peel off that second layer of plastic, you will see horrible pixellations and moire effects. Furthermore, that second layer of protective plastic scratches easily too. But once you peel that outer layer off, everything is crystal clear and very scratch-resistant.

However, I experienced a different problem. As other reviewers have stated, this screen is a stiff plastic with a residue-free silicone adhesive. This means that if your screen has the tiniest, most microscopic spec of dust on the surface, the spec of dust will create a little "bubble area" under the screen about a millimeter in diameter. And of course, you can't push this bubble away because the spec of dust is still there, creating a pocket of air around it.

I wasn't installing this in a dusty environment, but I simply could not get my screen clean enough to avoid these little bubbles. The package included five screens, and I went through four of them in my attempts to get a clean installation. For the moment I am living with the bubbles until I can decide whether to buy more of these or buy a different product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase, March 21, 2010
I have always had terrible luck applying screen protectors. That is why I typically don't waste my time with them. I didn't expect much for $1.43. Honestly I am impressed. The application only took 30 sec and I had zero bubbles, defects etc. This product works perfect. I honestly could not even tell if it was on my phone or not. Super thin, almost invisible, very cheap and very easy to apply. There is no reason not to buy this product. The Nexus One is a $500+ super phone, so why not spend $1.43 on a screen protector that actually works. Not buying this product is like buying a Bentley and refusing to pay for a car wash.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but doesn't fit perfectly., June 29, 2011
Got three of these for under a deal which is a fantastic deal when you consider that oftentimes you'll spent anywhere from $5 -20 for just one. How it works: there's the actual screen, with two little protective layers on each side. Peel off one side, stick it on, and then peel off the second one. One of the protective layers of course is on the side where the actual adhesive is, the second is on the screen side (where your fingers will actually touch it). This serves to make the screen protector stiffer while you're putting it on, making the whole process much easier.

Unfortunately, the size is a bit too "perfect," maybe just the tiniest bit oversized. Typically screen protectors are manufactured just a little smaller than the size of the actual screen so you have a bit of wiggle room to put it on. This one seems to be sized exactly to the size of the actual screen, which means that no matter how you put it on, it's impossible to get it right. Currently, I have three corners perfect but the fourth is somehow just a little off, which has created a little air bubble in the corner because the adhesive isn't all on the screen.

I didn't have any problem with air bubbles (you can use a ruler to push them out; the package came with a little square shaped thing that worked great). I did see a little bit of dust under the screen, but I don't know if that was just me not putting it on perfectly or if it was already on the sticky part of the screen when I peeled off the plastic. And of course, most importantly, the screen had zero effect on touch usage of the phone. (:

I know I only gave it three stars, but it's really not that bad. For me personally, the size issue was a dealbreaker. For other people who can get the protector on perfectly, I imagine this would be an awesome screen.

Summary:

Pros:
+ Cheap
+ Gives you three
+ Comes with a cleaning cloth and little tool to smooth out bubbles
+ No effect on use of the screen

Cons:
- Size is a tiny bit off

3.0 out of 5 stars not a good fit, May 11, 2011
you get what you pay for, but I still have to let every body know that the protectors are about a millimeter too big, so it doesn't go all the way down on the screen and shows bubbling on the sides. also causing dust and dirt to get trapped under

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and Cheap, September 7, 2011
I got it for a couple of bucks, arrived in a week. Easy to apply. Was overall happy with my decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Three LCD Screen Guards / Protectors for HTC Google Nexus One, August 7, 2011
Nerd (California) - See all my reviews
It is not easy to apply the protector onto Nexus One screen. I wasted the first two protectors and they both gave me bubbles under. The third protector that I applied seems working as expected without any dirt or bubble under.

However after the protector is applied, the screen is not very responsive. I don't have the same touch feeling as Nexus One original without the protector. However I don't have to worry about any small scratch on the screen right now.

I recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cheap and works perfectly, July 28, 2011
This LCD screen guard fits my Nexus One perfectly. The sheets are clearly labeled so there's no guesswork about which side to stick on first. They even came with a small chamois cloth to aid in cleaning the screen before applying the screen guard.

As prior reviewers have mentioned, ANY tiny piece of lint or debris on the screen will create distracting air bubbles under the screen guard. I cleaned my screen obsessively and I have zero air bubbles under the guard. Essentially, it doesn't even seem like the phone has a screen guard at all -- it's invisible and the touchscreen works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product., July 17, 2011
After having a bad install with BodyGuardz, I decided to save myself the warranty cost and just buy a couple of packs of these instead. I was always a fan of the simple screen protectors on the iPhone, and thought these would be worth a shot.

These are great, I purchased mine from The OEM Shop and they came sealed in little envelopes, 3 to a pack, with a small microfiber cloth to clean the screen with before application. They're cut VERY tight and will require some patience to install, but if you can put the bit of patience in, the results are fantastic, no one, even my case reviewing iPhone friends were able to even see this thing on there, because it's cut so well.

For some cases, like the Seidio Innocase Surface for the Nexus One, if your not careful when putting the phone in, you may experience a slight bubble or two on the sides of the screen, if you do, don't panic, pull the phone out of the case, use a stiff card to push the bubble out, and then reinsert, while pushing down with a reasonable amount of pressure to get the phone to "sink" into the case a bit. Bubbles don't form once the case is in, they form while your inserting the case, and the plastic pushes on the film.

They -are not- anti-glare by any means, and in some ways, actually make the screen a tiny bit shiny-er than it is without this, due to the type of material, but that sort of dulls down with fingerprints. I know from past experience this material is thick enough to prevent pretty much any scratches, provided your not taking a sharp knife blade to it, these will keep your display in perfect condition.

For 91 cents a pack, they're totally worth every penny (all 91 of them!) and you really can't go wrong, if nothing else, buy a pack or two and keep them in a drawer or your bag just in case. While I'm sure I likely won't need them, I've gone as far as purchasing a couple of extra packs, just so I have them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy application, June 28, 2011
Easy application with a steady hand. Had to lift a few times to get alignment right. Bubbles were easily pushed out from under protector.

I ruined the first one when I immediately installed the Seidio SURFACE Case for Google Nexus One (Rose Pink), which pushed and stretched out the edges. Will wait a couple of days before trying again.

Ordered from SF Planet. They were non-branded and came in three separate packs. Awesome for under a buck.

Rate and Discover Movies