Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on March 18, 2012
I picked up this book over the weekend and decided to give it a try. I enjoyed the dynamics between the couple as well as the suspense aspect. When reading romantic suspense I personally need something that isn't too frightening. This was just the right blend for me. When I signed on to write this review I expected to see quite a few 3 and 4 star reviews of this book and was suprised to see all 5 stars thus far. When I was about 1/3 through the book I actually almost put the book down. I think the book picked up in the latter half but in the beginning I thought the story line was a bit ridiculous. The main character gets a phone call that her sister is missing and she needs to go to Seattle. I was floored by her initial reaction which seemed to be like it was a pain for her to make the trip. Then she gets on a plane and has a mild flirtation with someone across the aisle. So I'm thinking "your sister is missing and you are even thinking of romance????" Then it got a little worse (in my own opinion) when she arrives in Seattle happens to run into the same man the next day and agrees to go out to dinner with him. Was I the only one bothered that her sister has been missing for days and she's off to dinner? Not romantic to me at all. I will say something compelled me to keep reading and from this point in the story on I enjoyed the book and the main character seemed to redeem herself in my eyes. Again, this is just my opinion, take it for what it is. The author is a good writer and the story is well written.
22 comments56 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2012
I was sucked in from the first page, compelled to read on. The author gives you just enough infomation to make you want more. It keeps you reading until the very end, trying to put all of the pieces together. The romance is very sweet and balances out the suspense just right. The couple ends up fitting a lot of relationship into three days: meeting, becoming friends, meeting parents, a jealous ex-girlfriend, and more, all while trying to find out what happened to Kate's sister and protect Kate from the madman out for revenge. This is a great read if you are a fan of suspense and romance.

*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
0Comment85 of 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2012
This is a fast paced romantic suspense novel, which grabs you from the first chapter and keeps you turning the pages. I read this almost in one sitting. I liked the style of the author's writing. Too often I feel as though there is too much filler in some books, but this one never lets up. Fifty percent of the time I am drawn to the more dark and gritty types of novels, and other times I am in the mood for something lighter. This book has a PG rating for violence, a G rating for sexual content, and there was no language that some might find offensive. I recommend this book if you are fan of romantic suspense.
66 comments68 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2012
I almost never give up on a book, but getting through this one was a struggle. I stopped several times to read other books and only came back to it when my Kindle library had been exhausted. I just hated the main character, and found the general sequence of events and motivations very hard to swallow. Moreover, much more focus was put on the love story than on the missing sister, with the main character seemingly enjoying flirtatious dates and happily laughing, talking and socializing right after her sister is declared missing and possibly dead. The author would throw in a moment of worry every now and then, but it really felt like an afterthought. The villains were equally badly sketched. Really not worth paying for - at least I got this book for free.
11 comment31 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2013
As an avid horse lover, property owner, and having lived most of my life in Seattle and the surrounding area, this book was a difficult read. I decided to trudge through the dialogue, the touristy names for places, in hope the book would get better or just be 'not that bad' by the end. But when I came upon the words 'blond stallion', I couldn't take anymore. There was just no spark for me when reading this
11 comment24 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2012
If ever there was a case to be made against self-publishing, I'm afraid this book would be "Exhibit A". I am grateful that I downloaded it as a freebie, and I'm only out the hour or so it took to read it.

I like fluff. I like cozy mysteries. I like romantic suspense. I like chick lit and beach reads. I even like fan fiction. That being said, I want to be able to lose myself in the story. On that level, this book failed.

One of the first lessons for a writer of fiction is learning the difference between telling and showing. This book is all talk. Much of the story line didn't make sense and some of it was simply unbelievable. There are too many coincidences, the romance didn't work, the dialogue was stilted, the characters flat. We don't get to know Kate, so we don't really care what happens to her (other than a basic human reaction that we don't want to see someone murdered). Overall, the author is very heavy-handed with her characters, and that is never a good thing.

I do agree with the reviewers who point out there is no foul language or gratuitous sex in this book. If that is your basic requirement for a "romance", you may very well enjoy this book.
0Comment44 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2013
This story is well written a few twists and turns. Quick read with no fool language or sex scenes. Good clean story.
on April 18, 2012
I purchased this book along with a few other romances, and this was by far my favorite. The plot line is compelling, the characters were convincing, the bad guys were scary (but not nightmare scary), the romance was sweet. I appreciated that there could be a nice element of what seemed like actual romance, and not just sexual frenzy, which would have seemed inappropriate given the circumstances, but is not uncommon in the genre of 'romance'. I recommend this book of you're looking for an interesting story with likable characters.
on June 23, 2012
This book has the worst dialogue I've ever read, and it's almost all dialogue. It reads like it was written by a bot. Next time I want to buy a book for my Kindle, I'll skip the good reviews and go to the bad ones. I asked for my money back.
11 comment19 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2013
One of the criticisms I've read of negative reviews is that the reviewer didn't finish reading the book. I made myself finish it.

The main character is supposed to be a very intelligent self-employed photographer. Her younger sister goes missing and she is summoned to Seattle by the sister's room-mate.

However, this supposedly intelligent, focused woman who is so concerned about her sister is constantly completely distracted by a man she met on the plane. I find it ludicrous that a woman who was intensely upset about the possibility of her only living relative being dead was so completely distracted by a man.

The other thing that bothered me were the geographical inaccuracies. The author might have possibly visited Seattle briefly, but she is most assuredly NOT a native Seattleite, nor did she look at a map or do any research. The four most glaring continuity errors:

1. Chapter 9: The two main characters are in downtown Seattle heading for the airport. "The traffic on the 405 wasn't too bad..." If you are in downtown Seattle and heading for SeaTac you would be on I-5. I-405 is on the east side of Lake Washington and runs through Bellevue. That would be taking the long way to the airport.

2. Chapter 12: "Horizon Flight 2269 was about to touch down at the Seattle Airport." I may be picking nits here, but the name of the airport is SeaTac - Seattle Tacoma International Airport. NOBODY in Seattle would call it the Seattle Airport.

3. Chapter 13: "...she had mentioned to him that she hadn't been down to the wharf for quite a while..." NOBODY in Seattle or from Seattle (which the main character supposedly is) would call the Waterfront 'the wharf.'

4. While the two main characters are at the Waterfront in Chapter 13, they are pondering another activity after dining on Ivar's clam chowder. The man points to where the antique shops are, "nestled below the elevated railway..." THERE IS NOT AN ELEVATED RAILWAY AT THE WATERFRONT. There is a train track at ground level. The elevated roadway is called The Viaduct, a two-level freeway, on level in each direction, that is built exactly the same as the Nimitz Freeway in Oakland that collapsed during the 1989 Loma Priete Earthquake and killed 42 people. The Waterfront Viaduct in Seattle is currently being dismantled.

If you're going to use geographic details about a city, please do a little research! This book was reminiscent of a Sleepless in Seattle scene where the guy and his son take a small motorboat from Lake Union to Alki while Meg Ryan follows them. NEVER HAPPENED.
33 comments12 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse