5 out of 5 stars
Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:$1.99

on July 6, 2012
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
Three great characters, three grat storylines, more than three reasons to love this extremely well written book. I adored Lou, grew to like Henry and finally understood Pete. All had their flaws and all had their demons as well as their good points. I guess the realism of their lives made this so captivating, I really wanted to get to know them and find out what made them tick. Like all people there is so much more than their job or relationship status to define them, and that's what this novel does, it takes the reader to the grass roots of the characters, the circumstances in their lives that have driven them and shaped them into who they've become. Then a phone call turns that around as the characters all come to face their demons and question themselves and their relationships. It's a true journey that I enjoyed embarking on. One that makes you stand back and think and compare. I for one am very glad I read it, and would like to congratulate the author on her superb delivery of this poignant novel. Very well done. I highly recommend this read.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on March 3, 2014
Format: Kindle Edition
This is a great example of how to use characters to drive a plot. In fact, the characters pretty much are the plot - the story as about how they interact, and how that interaction shapes and changes them. Louise is bored, Peter is hiding from his grief, Henry is lonely. Pure chance makes a connection between them, a connection which forces change on them all. That change could bring hope or it could bring disaster, and for a while it could go either way: no spoilers, but while I was hoping for the best, I feared the worst!

The writer weaves the three lives together with great skill, smoothly introducing the characters history and personalities and letting each person have their own voice. The story is sometimes sad, sometimes amusing, sometimes very steamy, but always told with a smooth flow of words, authentic backgrounds and a nicely judged pace that makes it very readable throughout.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again