on November 7, 2000
Both me and my girlfriend felt much more confident and comfortable with the threesome idea after reading this book!
The author presents a very succinct and to-the-point account of experiences and desires for threesomes, mainly from the woman's point of view. Two males to one female (or "queen") threesomes are briefly mentioned at the beginning. No details are given because the great majority of people desire the two-woman to one man (or "king") threesome. And having read many personal ads and talking to many people who have done threesomes, I'll have to agree that this point is valid.
The book includes ideas of what the willing third woman wants, how to seduce her, where to meet them, and a few resources on where they might be found. Reality is emphasized over fantasy, which is a wonderful check for couples looking for the barbie-figured, bisexual woman who will devote all her time exclusively to fulfilling the couple's fantasy with no further emotional attachment whatsoever...sorry people it doesn't happen (and if there were such women, would they really need to advertise it?), you have to work at it. But this book provides a lot of good secrets...how to make connections with couples, be friends first and MEAN it, play the seduction game...and which personal ads REALLY mean something, and which don't...and how to write a successful one yourself. Personal accounts by authors and friends of the authors are also given, as well as a lot of fun statistics.
Once we had read this book, it was very easy for me and my girlfriend to find another woman to help explore the wilder side of our fantasies...and we've been enjoying them together ever since, while still remaining committed to each other! A Highly recommended read for those first-timers who want to try but don't know how or what to do!
on November 15, 1998
Before I got married, I had a few threesome experiences, where I was the single female invited into a couples life, both socially and sexually. It was a wonderful experience but I put my desires aside for my marriage, raising two children and working at my career. Last year, while filling out a questionaire that dealt with a wide range of sexual tastes, I marked an interest in threesomes to see what my husband would say. To my surprise and pleasure he agreed to support my desire. We spent a couple of months discussing how we would approach and balance this adventure with the normal and routine aspects of our lives. Since then we've enjoyed a couple of threesomes that were memorable and special. I'm now intent on continuing this adventure and to have it be a part of our personal lives. We came across your book in a subject search at Amazon, sent for it and after reading it I feel armed with a more open and confident approach to orchestrating successful threesomes, instead of waiting for chance to come knocking at my door.
on May 26, 2001
This book was written with great compassion, it was humorous, practical and very realistic. The author did an extraordinary job explaining the very complex issue of the threesome. The beginning part is for the woman who wants to experience two men. The couple part of the book explores the threesome with another female,. This part was written with encouragement, and also the male fantasy driven point of view. She does cover this very well and gives enough information so you may make your own knowledgeable decision. Everything is in there women would ever want to know about how to find, discover, even how you meet and seduce a bi-curious women. The last section of the book covers for the straight man what a bi sexual woman wants, needs and who they are. This was an excellent read and I highly recommend this to both woman and men.
on July 17, 2001
I have read what other books are out there, but this one is the best by far. I am a woman experienced in threesomes, but I read the book because I wanted to learn how to help other women in their journey of being bisexual. The best advice of all is that friends make the best lovers - this is so true! I was thrilled to read a book that gave so many common sense ideas (but that even I was oblivious to). I won't give away any more of her "secrets," but this really is a good book. It has totally changed my approach to women in general. [....]
on October 13, 1999
My wife and I had talked about this fantasy for an entire year before I bought her this book.
Written by a women, althought not entirely from a women's point of view since I learned (or as my wife says unlearned) some things also, it made for serious consideration of a subject I had not made any progress on for an entire year.
This book handles in a well organized and informative manner the complex subject of a serious change in lifestyle.
It generated a lot of communication between us as we discussed the book, chapter by chapter.
It does not endorse or talk you our of the concept, just gives you the information necessary to make a knowledgeable decision.
My wife and I have enjoyed living out the fantasy many time in the last nine months.
Thanks Lori
on January 23, 2005
I had read this book years ago. But I recently revisited it to see if my perspectives on it had changed. And you know what? They had!

'Threesomes -- How To Fulfill Your Favorite Fantasy' by Lori Gammon is one of the best works of its kind I've ever read - and one of the first titles I ever came across which acknowledged the strength and prevalence of female bisexuality (women being interested in other girls sexually to some degree) - and how to fulfill this desire by engaging in a two-girl threesome.

Back when this was written (which wasn't that long ago), Lori, the author, had suggested using a threesome as a means for women to fulfill their same-sex longing - while avoiding the stigma of being called a lesbian.

For threesomes, Lori teaches us why lesbians won't be interested (because they want a monogamous, long-term relationship with women only), and why it's important for the female member (in the relationship) to take the initiative to seek out other girls, which tells other women that both members are serious about finding a third partner.

This is difficult for females, of course - because women aren't used to being the `initiator' - and are instead more accustomed to being the `gatekeeper' - as men wine and dine us in order to get between our legs! Everything Lori teaches us to fulfill our bisexual longing - is basically how to act like a man - in order to charm women into our beds (which actually isn't bad advice at all!).

An entire chapter is spent instructing us how to use personal want ads (which is something I would never do). But I guess the major issue I`ve always had with this book - that I realize now - is needing to fulfill my bisexual desires by using a threesome. As much as I love my guy, I'm not sure I want to share him with another (unattached) babe - especially one cute enough for me to be attracted to!

I also think that the world has changed somewhat since this book was written. I could be wrong, but lesbianism - and female bisexuality - aren't nearly the no-no's they were just a few years ago. So my advice for women is to take this book's teachings - and apply it - without the threesome element! (Just seek out another girl - on your own!)

And rather than using want ads, go instead to the book's very next chapter - which tells you how to turn your friend - into your lover (which is again advice which I've found to be much more fruitful!).

Most of my friends are married. And my lover(s) and I never have any desire to leave our mates - for each other! (Because that's for lesbians -- which we aren't - which also makes our encounters much less complicated!)

And the belief that having sex with your best friend will destroy your friendship - is just a bunch of bunk (probably spread, in fact, by men!). In reality, I've found the opposite to be true!

The major watch-out for women, speaking candidly -- is that females take a lot longer to reach satisfaction (which is why foreplay and seduction are so important). And the major element for making this kind of relationship successful - which Lori fails to highlight - is that everything needs to be kept absolutely confidential (which is like asking some women to cut out their tongues!). It's amazing how many opportunities will open up to you sexually (pun intended) - if you can keep a secret! Honest!

Now, Lori doesn't mention this either, but if a woman really insists upon including her mate, a method that one of my girlfriends claims works for her is to have a (modified) foursome - not a threesome! The men are sequestered in separate bedrooms - and the women (together) come to each of them in turn. The women are free to engage each other however they please - and the man can watch (and make suggestions)! But each man is only allowed to penetrate his wife (or girlfriend) -- and not the other -- although other forms of interplay (such as oral sex) could be added as an option. (Most men, I'm told, are more than happy with this arrangement.)

To conclude, when it comes to seducing other women, Lori Gammon, the author, appears to be an expert! But the times, I believe, have moved on -- and I wish she would rewrite this book - teaching women instead how to fulfill their bisexual longings on their own (with a threesome or a foursome as just a variation).

And if she would include the physical techniques for pleasing women as well, that would also be helpful (since one would now need to purchase another book in order to glean this information).

Despite all of these shortcoming, I still consider Lori's 'Threesomes' work to be the most definitive `how to' guide to help women satisfy their bi-curious side. Being bi-curious, after all -- is nice! But being bisexual (even part-time) - is much, much better! Enjoy.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 10, 2003
(...) First of all, this book is written for a female audience. As a male, I got a lot of insight into how women think and their general approaches to sex, but for the most part as a man it's pretty much sit back and enjoy the ride. What is valuable is all the info for women on how to seduce other women. Generally, women are not used to taking the agressive/pursuer role since this has always been the man's role. Also, another piece of great advice is that an ideal threesome would be with one of my girlfriend's friends. Initially I thought that picking up some stranger in a club would be ideal since we would never have to see her again if the experience went sour. While this is true, to have an ideal loving threesome entails all parties knowing, respecting, and understanding each other deeply. There has to exist the emotional/chemical connection between all parties that women so much crave. In fact, the book states that a love a woman feels for her best friend is not too far removed from the love she feels for her husband. Once you know that, throwing sex into a relationship requires a completely different approach.
This book is not for sex-starved men looking for the ultimate conquest of two women. But if you already have a female partner in your life, this book might just answer a lot of your questions and put you on the path to achieve an experience you won't easily forget.
on May 7, 1998
I've have never, ever found a book on relationships that I could stand behind until this one came along! THREESOME IS THE ONLY BOOK ON RELATIONSHIPS I RECOMMEND. The advice rings true and corresponds with my menage a trois experiences. Except for two, every young woman I dated for more than a few months revealed she was bi-curious or had sexual encounters with other young women. Threesome was written by someone who has been there and done that for 15 years! Her chapters on seduction, alone, are worth the price of the book.
on August 25, 2004
While this book was written prinarily for a female audience I read it with my husband. We had been playing aorund the fantasy of a threesome for a number of years but we were both way to inhibited to ever try to fulfill the fantasy.

While this is not exactly a guide or a how-to book we did find the prespective valuable and point raised in the book sparked numerous conversations between us about or if we should ever try it.

If you are curious about the feelings and fears and have ever talkd about having a 3-way with your spouse or another read this book first. The author is experienced in this area and can help you gain valuable insight to the idea of a three-some.

The authors insights tot he female though proceeses can only ever be truly understood by another woman but my husband did a fine job of getting a clue at least about it.

It at least helped my husband understand my desires and possibly his own as well.

The author gives good as well as realistic advice.

Thsi book will also help you decide if it is for you at all. I recommend this book to any one who has thought about it and wanted to see how to make it happen and make it successful for both of you.
on September 6, 2001
Excellent book.
With this book i learn that threesome fantasy is something that takes time to acomplish. The author explain in detail the steps we should take in order to fulfill the threesome fantasy, taking special atention to the psichology of the people involve and the pressure that women sufer to consider this fantasy as something wrong.Besides that the author explain the diference between man/woman/man, and woman/man/woman, and how the people of those 2 combinations feel.
Everyone who as this fantasy and never had the chance to fulfill it, should read this book.
Jorge / 2001