5.0 out of 5 stars The video speaks for itself!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:54 Mins
Published on September 13, 2011 by K. L. Zedeker

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work
I bought this CD to calm my dog in the car. She gets nervous, pants, paces and barks. It did nothing to calm her ... it's as if she were deaf, which we know she most definitely is not. It just practically put my husband and me to sleep. We let the entire CD play through anyway, but never used it again.
Published on August 2, 2011 by Max Tone

5.0 out of 5 stars The video speaks for itself!, September 13, 2011
This review is from: Through a Dog's Ear: Music to Calm Your Canine Companion, Volume 1 (Audio CD)
Length:: 0:54 Mins

This is my french bulldog Oliver. He had spinal surgery about 6 weeks ago and is still recovering (hence the diaper). At any rate, it is important to keep these guys calm during the recovery period, and Oliver suffers from separation anxiety. I have to keep him confined to an ex-pen when I'm at work, and he does not like it one bit. This cd was recommended to me by my vet, and I have to say I was kind of amazed. I put the music on and well, he fell asleep. Also nice to have on in the background while I'm home, as it relaxes him and he doesn't have to be under my feet all the time. He will actually just lay there while I go into another room, which is unheard of for Oliver! The only downside is that it can make me sleepy too :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD!!!, March 5, 2008
I love this CD! And so do my dogs! Wow, its so great. Very relaxing music, so I can enjoy listening to it too. Within 20 minutes of putting this in, all three dogs - even the hyper puppy - are laying down and chilling (: And believe me that is a rare moment in a house with 3 dogs.
What a great tool for problems like separation anxiety too. I can't wait till they come out with more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Through a dog's ears, April 8, 2008
Since we have been using this cd my dog's are calm when we come home after a long 8-9 hours at work. In the past they were restless and tense waiting for us. They got into things and seemed lonely. Now they are peaceful and calm. They only start to get excited after we are home. This sure beats giving my one dog a doggie prosac to keep here calm to help her separation anxiety.. The trick is to put it continuous repeat all day.

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works!!!, July 9, 2010
I used this first on the 4th of July. The worst day of my dog's life. I put on the music, turned on the fan for a little block out noise and she layed down quietly right by the music. The whole night she would wake up a little look around then lay back down. This really works.

Then I tried it out on the next Thunderstorm. Same thing. Incredible. I'm telling you, try it, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars music to soothe both canine and human, March 14, 2008
Jesse & Gracey (Half Moon Bay, CA) - See all my reviews
This CD is sensational. The music is beautiful and our 2 high-strung terriers relaxed very quickly when we put the CD on. We playeed it in the car as well as at home, and after only a few weeks they seem calmer even when the music isn't playing. It should be a part of every dogowner's essential care kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for anxiety issues, June 13, 2008
Anne (El Granada, CA) - See all my reviews
My nine year old dog has recently developed separation anxiety when left alone at home. Unfortunately, she chooses to show me how she feels by peeing inside when I'm gone! I bought this CD and played it on a loop for my dog while I was gone a couple of hours. For the first time in ages, there was no mess in the house when I returned. Now I play the CD every time I have to leave the house. I had been taking my dog in the car with me everywhere but can't do that now that the weather is getting warmer so this CD is a real blessing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - works on grandkids too!, June 3, 2008
Jane Boswell (Brunswick, ME United States) - See all my reviews
This CD is amazing - works on my dogs, me, and hyper grandkids too! While visiting my brother with one of my dogs, I was concerned because my brother's house is like a museum - beautiful decor, expensive furnishings, artwork from all over the world, and there was my Belgian Sheepdog pacing around, a bit nervous being in unfamiliar surroundings. I asked my brother if I could play my Through a Dog's Ear tape to calm
my boy, and he laughed and said, "You can't be serious!" I said, "Just watch." I popped the CD into his mega surround-sound system and in less than one minute, my
dog was peacefully lying on the living room floor by the couch and looked like
he had lived there all his life. We even took pictures and my brother AND daughter
who was with me, too, were amazed. The only problem... I can't play it in the car
because it relaxes humans too. So don't drive and listen to this CD at the same
time... J Boswell

5.0 out of 5 stars Serene to the Dogs Ears (^u^), May 22, 2008
I have a CD similar to this that has tracks of classical music meant to calm your dog. It truly does work and not only is it peaceful for the dog it's very peaceful and relaxing to listen to yourself. My Dogs who are usually wrestling each other or clamoring in the hallways instantly quiet down and lay in their beds in what seems like a trance. They become so calm it's amazing. Even after the music is off they seem more relaxed and not so hyper as usual.

5.0 out of 5 stars MAGIC!!!, December 17, 2009
I cant explain how thrilled I am with this CD. I was at the end of my rope with my roommate's dog. She would cry for hours, even if I had her out of her room playing with me and my dog. I tried talking to her in soothing tones, I tried shaking a can at her that she was scared of, I even tried just ignoring her. Last night my roommate left, like she does many nights, and of course her dog cried and yelped-even though she was out running around with me and my dog. So I put her in her room and put on this CD. She cried for maybe 20 seconds, then went to her bed and was silent for hours. It was the craziest thing, and it made my week. I just put the CD on repeat and she was so calm. Normally if she even sees me walk by the room she will have a fit. Yet I went to check up on her and she saw me and didnt make a noise but just went back to her bed. So my roommate gets home and we are expecting the normal crying and barking and general mayhem. Instead we were so pleasantly surprised to have a calm quiet dog in her place. I cant give this CD enough praise, and just wish I had thought of it before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Through A Dog's Ear, March 31, 2008
M. Nordmann (WEST DES MOINES, IOWA) - See all my reviews
We have two very needy dogs, both with an abnormal attachment to my husband. Each time we leave the house, the smaller of the two would dehydrate himself barking for my husband to return. Since bringing this CD home, both dogs are calmer and even sleep when we're gone. It is definitely worth the price.