5.0 out of 5 stars A bit deeper than the "Universe" series
This Science Channel series covers much of the same ground as the History Channel's "Universe" series, but makes more historically relevant choices for expert commentators. Rather than relying, typically, on astronomers and physicists with general creditials, as the Universe does, "Through The Wormhole" uses almost exclusively scientists directly involved in pioneering...
Published on February 21, 2011 by Mongo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as similar shows on NOVA
I didn't feel like this show explained its concepts as well as similar shows on NOVA (Brian Greene's The Fabric of the Cosmos for example). Sure, Morgan Freeman's voice is great for narrating but I feel like I understood everything better when watching Brian Greene explain it. NOVA is probably the best source for watching educational TV and their series on the universe...
Published on May 5, 2012 by Phil

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Congratulations WORMHOLE, September 18, 2011
This review is from: Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman (DVD)
Advances in science have really made for some very interesting programs and this is one of the best. Mr. Freeman does an excellent job as narrator as his passion for science shows through. Keep these types of programs coming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show, makes one think., September 13, 2011
Morgan Freeman is a great actor, but I really like him on this series. I had been watching it on cable but got rid of the cable . Now I just get it here on Amazon and watch it via my Roku.

5.0 out of 5 stars BREATHTAKING!, March 24, 2011
As I let my mind absorb what was shown in these episodes, it took my breath away. Each time I thought i understood something - extrapolation would reveal a deeper concept to consider!!
The entire series is incredibly rich, dense, and a wonderful experience.
As for Morgan Freeman - he is unable to repress his joy and delight at the concepts being discussed, even as he melds right into the world of the scientists sharing their ideas. I feel as if I have been breathing rarefied air!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, March 11, 2013
While Freeman takes a somewhat unconventional approach to scientific documentary, I appreciate that he lets the experts do the talking. I have no idea how he books such distinguished guests and finds exactly the right person to make exactly the right point, but this show has greatly expanded my understanding of theoretical physics and our understanding of the universe and ourselves.

Also, you really can't beat the voice of Morgan Freeman explaining the secrets of the universe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked this show enough to buy season 2, September 15, 2012
This review is from: Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman (DVD)
I have always loved sci-fi stuff but real science intimidated me a LOT. I went back to college in my 40s and found out not only did I like science I was pretty good at it. This led to an interest in shows and books I wouldn't have touched earlier. This show takes the people on the cutting edge of science and tops in their field and presents their ideas in laymen terms as much as possible. Since I am definitely a layman I appreciate this very much. I am looking forward to season 3 :-)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Science Series, June 6, 2012
This review is from: Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman (DVD)
Freeman was a straight-A student in science, as a kid, and he brings a genuine passion about the importance of science education. This series does it right, it discusses problems and solutions, and it interviews real scientists and explains what they do and why it's fun. Far better than the eye candy of "The Universe" series. This is highly recommended as both entertaining and educational.

5.0 out of 5 stars wormhole, September 19, 2011
This review is from: Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman (DVD)
This is a very informative easy to understand program. Great for teens and adults.
Its inspirational and a wealth of education...

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great show!, August 13, 2011
This review is from: Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman (DVD)
I was please to be able to watch the series back to back. It is well done and conveys concepts and theories in a digestible way where the viewer does not feel overwhelmed with jargon. Great show to make you think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for non geniuses :-), April 4, 2014
Time travel, black holes, super novas, a lot of cool stuff discussed in plain English that I can actually understand!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH, AND OTHER PLANETS!, February 24, 2014
Amazing, thrilling and entertaining series. It makes you think 'outside the box,' and allows you to explore unthinkable possibilites. I love it so much that I own every season. And, I watch and record the reruns. You can watch it over and over again, and still learn something new. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman
Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman by Revelations Entertainment (DVD - 2011)
$19.98 $14.22